1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting in Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dockerland, Jul 20, 2012.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

No, you weren't and you were dead wrong... again.

2. ILoveTheRockets

they evacuated the apartment and surrounding buildings claiming others were rigged the explode.

3. Kim

Kim Member

Do you really believe this? Have new facts emerged that discount following?
    • he had multiple guns
    • he had body armor
    • he had neck and groin protectors
    • he threw tear gas
    • he had a gas mask

If you can convince me that a trained CHL shooter can overcome the mayhem and hero his way to saving everyone's life through the madness, I might have to get a CHL. I have no problems with CHL, but just don't see the real benefit here vs. multiple people charging the suspect while reloading and holding him down with a choke.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Again?

5. ILoveTheRockets

3 guns, 2 fingers.. you do the math, and the witness reports he was only shooting 1 gun at a time.

As soon as he went to reload(which is heavily reported over and over again) a trained CHL would have taken that punk b**** out.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

You would be in a heap of trouble with the gas but any type of a fight could have saved more lives. Best survival would have been to crawl out prone position, I would feel much better about it with the ability to fight back.

It isn't a clear case for CHL legality to me like VTech was, but it couldn't have hurt.

7. ILoveTheRockets

also, body armor can only protect so much, and you really think people would have rushed him while their vision was impaired and not knowing what to do...

So, you think it would have been more beneficial for a group to rush a madman holding an AR-15 and hold him down. If he kicked in the exit door and was standing in front of the screen, he has the advantage. It would of been plain dumb for any one to rush him while not having a weapon on them.

8. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Either you are incredibly oblivious or just stubborn for not admitting you made a mistake.

They found 30 IEDs (fireworks shells), partial grenades, jars with accelerants, and lots of ammo in the Holmes's apartment. Your supposed clairvoyance at the beginning of this thread was premature, and your insistence that it wasn't is immature. Everyone has pride, and we all make mistakes.

1 person likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

You really should read up on things before you form an opinion about them. The UN Arms Trade Treaty has absolutely ZERO bearing on gun ownership, gun regulation, or gun laws in the United States.

And in the ATT, they see a way to raise money by telling their base that Obama and the UN are coming to take your guns. They know full well that 1) the ATT charter forbids it from having any impact on domestic gun laws or sales, 2) the Obama Administration has said it would oppose any treaty that threatens the Second Amendment, and 3) no international laws trump our Constitution. But what are facts when money is to be made and political muscles can be flexed?

And so yesterday, the NRA got an amendment introduced in the Senate to forbid the U.S. from participating in negotiations of an Arms Trade Treaty that would violate the Second Amendment. But rather than fighting the amendment as the NRA had hoped, supporters rallied every Democrat to endorse the NRA amendment, sending a clear message that the ATT is no threat to the Second Amendment, and the Second Amendment is no threat to the ATT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-...eard-of_b_1544593.html?utm_hp_ref=gun-control

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unlikely. This isn't Hollywood.

11. ILoveTheRockets

?

So it would have been unlikely for someone to return fire, and possibly get him back out of the exit door he entered, since his human instincts would have kicked in?

It would be a Hollywood fantasy for someone secretly carrying a concealed weapon? I must live a Hollywood movie, because i'm ALWAYS packing when I go out in public. and even more so after this.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

LOL, he said I was wrong about being willing to bet anything. Obviously I was shocked when there ACTUALLY were tripwires.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

You could back him off with suppressive fire but you would have had terrible line of sight, no vision, and been massively outgunned.

14. Blatz

Blatz Member

But that would ruin the conspiracy theory about this million dollar operation.

This is the site where he's reported to have use to get some of his equipment.

http://cat5.com/

15. Kim

Kim Member

All I'm saying is that this is a bad situation for any movie goer and you're probably boned no matter what. Don't want to get into a hand gun debate, by I have a great recorded hour long tv show about the VT massacre with 1st hand witness accounts. It is non-political and mentions nothing about hand gun laws...it's purely a story-retelling. After watching it several times, I too believe that students having hand guns there would have made a huge difference. This movie theater case...it's just completely different to me.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

WAY different. I would rather have a gun than not, but it wouldn't change the smart strategy of GTFO.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Reading some of these posts makes me think of this....

[​IMG]

18. ILoveTheRockets

I did not see that amendment over the weekend. Thanks for that.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

No, this is what I was talking about genius.

20. ILoveTheRockets

But when kids are involved, it changes the whole situation of this strategy. I don't know about y'all but if I have the chance of getting kids the hell out of enemy fire, I'll stay and blast until I can't blast any more.