1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting in Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dockerland, Jul 20, 2012.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, I'm still in shock about this especially a midnight screening?? Back in the 90s midnight screenings are for the high school/college/30 yr old crowds, no??

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong.

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

While it's not what I would do. I'm guessing the kid had interest in seeing batman and school is out so why not?

The dude that brought his baby is beyond dumb though. Also read that guy left his girlfriend and baby in the theater and got out George Constanza style....

4. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

This was probably made by the US Governement so they can control guns in the USA.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Please tell us more. Do you have a newsletter?

I'm curious as to which branch of the federal government "made" this, and how many people were involved.

6. No Worries

No Worries Member

Word on the street is that Obama texted the shooter "Its go time!" before the shooting started.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Toycen is that you?

8. Smokey

Smokey Member

It wasn't necessary. If you must show your 6 year old this movie, take her during the day. Yes, this incident could have happened at anytime and the chances of it occurring were low, I just feel like her death could have been avoided by using common sense. I know the mom feels horrible and doesn't need any piling on. It was just my initial thought.

9. Rox225

Rox225 Member

Yes, reposting conspiracy theory garbage from the Internet is the way to 'not think like a sheep.' In the world of the Internet, do you think that it is really that hard to get the equipment used in the attack? If you are a deranged killer set on a plan you'll find a way to carry out that plan. I don't have issues with folks questioning what they hear or read, but lets be a little responsible with how we do it.

1 person likes this.
  10. RV6

RV6 Member

There's other ways of getting money as a student. There are students who live off pure scholarship money. He could have had savings, loans, scholarships, credit, and possibly parents' money to work with.

I'm sure he could have also figured out ways to make some money here and there. All they're saying is he didn't have an official job.

And what couple with kids are y'all talking about? The one that came out on NBC that night? They had a 3 or 4 month old and also a little girl. If that's the one, the guy didn't leave the girl behind. I believe they got separated while on the ground trying to protect the kids. He had the baby and she had the 6 (?) year old. The girlfriend made a run to the exit with the girl, while the shooter reloaded. Don't remember if the boyfriend and baby waited things or also ran out.

Edit- couldnt find the interview i saw, but this is them in another:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIdeL8DfFlc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIdeL8DfFlc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#510 RV6, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  11. ILoveTheRockets

I don't believe it fully, but the timing is somewhat odd.

A week before the U.N. to vote for United States Gun Sancations. And now scores of politicians coming out demanding more gun control laws.

Politicians using this tragedy to ask for more strict gun laws not even a week afterwards, that's a slap in the face to the victims. pretty pathetic if you ask me.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Okay, then if you have no problems with questioning what you hear or read...then there should be no issues with what I posted. Just because it comes from the "internet" doesnt make it any more or less valuable...everything is on the internet.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Aurora has a ban on concealed handguns. If one person in that theater had a concealed handgun........

14. ILoveTheRockets

Yeah, he could. But it doesn't explain the commercial firework blasting cap he had in his closet. Plus, to rig TWO buildings with explosives would have cost well over 1 million dollars.

To get the commercial blasting cap, you need the proper licenses, plus the connections. The FBI would have notified, plus no reports of missing commercial blasting cap have been reported missing within the state of Colorado, nor surrounding states. He would of had to goto Oregon, or the east coast for the commercial firework blaster. Nothing adds up, not 1 single thing.

1 person likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Nope, actually I was willing to bet anything. Owned.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

That was the basic point I was trying to make...I think it would be foolish to assume the government isnt capable of doing something like this. Im hopeful that they wouldnt...and I'd like to think that this was just some crazy dude with no motives...but to not give some consideration for governmental involvement would be naive.

17. ILoveTheRockets

my same sentiments exactly. people would of probably still died, but when he started to reload, a trained CHL holder could of ended the threat on spot.

Politicians really have their head up their ass demanding for more gun control.

18. RV6

RV6 Member

I have not read about this, is this new information? What other building did he rig? I thought it was just his apt?

19. Kim

Kim Member

Hey CaseyH, I'm not a saber rattler here nor do I care about being right or wrong as much as others. I was just curious about why you believed that. Perhaps I haven't followed the thread close enough, but I didn't understand the connection between the points you were making about his place not being rigged and how the police should have shot him (which I'm okay with either way).

20. ILoveTheRockets

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html