1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jihad targets the Pentagon with C4, grenades and model planes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BetterThanEver, Sep 28, 2011.

1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

It's called, there are idiots in this world who use religion as an excuse to plan stuff like this. If you seriously believe Islam is calling for "death to infidels" then why aren't the billion other followers following along with that message. "Organized religion" supplied the hate? More like a disorganized interpretation of religion caused it.

1 person likes this.
  2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Islam does call for 'death to infidels', but thank God that there is only a small % of Muslims that follow that line of teaching. There are many Muslims that abhor violence, that are honest, hard working citizens...but then there is the radical element that follows the Koran and teachings of Muhammad to the letter.

With over a billion Muslims, even a percentage as small as 10% is a massive amount of indoctrinated nuts that are ready to die in the name of Allah, chant death to America ( ...but thank you for your billions of dollars in aid) and will blow themselves up in a coffee shop in order to reap the rewards of jihad, Which is sex in heaven.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Discounting the 50-100 million muslims who are fundamentalists and want to watch the West burn, since they don't live in the US anyways and have a direct impact on you, Islam still isolates the rest of their followers from integrating with the natural way of the world. A divide is created - an us vs. them mentality that all religions are at fault for.

People need to know they can still have a moral compass and know right from wrong and live a peaceful existence without all the rules and regulations religion throws at them. They just have to put in the effort to think for themselves and not be completely stunted by the few failures that are a mandatory part of the growing process. Just because you're not God fearing doesn't mean you can't kick those nasty, wild thoughts out of your head.

unfortunately people are so fearful of deviating off the path indoctrinated into them as children or during a rough time... that they put up these huge, biased walls that prevent them from seeing with mental clarity and compartmentalize them into a life of fear, limitations and id repression. In developing nations it's even worse because these archaic values are promoted over practical knowledge and education so it creates frustration and anger when the person realizes he doesn't have the tools to rise above being brainwashed. They're forced to submit as a result.

Do you really need to treat your fellow man well because Jesus or Muhammed loves him... or because you know he's not so different from you at his core?

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

It's a good thing you're discounting that figure, since no such figure has ever been suggested by any reputable source.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well looks like my hopes for ever running for congress are doomed... my father is acquaintances with the dude's father.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Some of the posters here seem to be ideologically close to a guy like this.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I hope they make an example out of him to discourage further plots.

No excuse for this kind of stuff. Also, no excuse for the fascism on display in this thread. We either disregard everyone's beliefs, or we disregard no one's beliefs because the selection process for consideration of ideological beliefs has looked really crooked thus far.

Frankly I could care less what a crazy person believes, as long as they get what they deserve for the crimes they commit. Going after the hate preachers gives street cred to hate preaching and that's the last thing we want.

FYI, the Quran calls for death to the infidels of 1,300 years ago because those infidels were slaughtering people for having their own beliefs. It does not call for eternal murdering of anyone you consider an infidel, and it certainly does not allow humans to classify people into infidel and non-infidel. If Muslims could determine who infidels and non-infidels were, there would be no need for a judgement day. People make it seem like Muslims want to see a fundamentalist-dominated world, when that is as horrifying to moderate Muslims as it is to anyone else. This is just a silly belief exaggerated by people on all sides looking for any excuse to be able to justify bypassing usual means of justice and bypassing the requirement for concrete evidence and due process. Naturally, due process and evidence is very frustrating for racists and bigots so it is no wonder they tend to manufacture obscene arguments to circumvent those processes.

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dumb statement of the day.

9. Honey Bear

That's fairly generous on my behalf. There are between 1.6-1.7 billion muslims in the world - 5% of that is around 80 million. Of these 80 million, the vast majority will be goats living in mud huts so you understand how easily it is for them to be brainwashed into looking for a scapegoat.

But that's not the crux of my argument. I want to see all organized religion disappear. Starting with Islam, the worst one (not PC but we all know it's true as they have the mots inhumane, unpractical followers), and including Christianity and Judaism. It won't happen in my lifetime, but maybe a catastrophic event will cause people to reassess what's really important rather than killing and manipulating over invisible ideologies. I'm doing my part by seducing the prettiest muslim girls and showing them what a beautiful, fearless life can be like by just using common sense, but I'll need more help.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More importantly, what about their fashion sense and taste of women?

11. Honey Bear

Mathloom, how has religion helped you in your life? And what makes you know it was religion, and not just a placebo effect that worked?

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What makes you think it's A placebo effect and not religion?

13. Honey Bear

Using the power of rhetoric and metaphorical imagery, I can replicate the placebo effect of all religions. I can replicate it by inspiring. Not because I'm a prophet, or a god, but because I understand how manipulation and the subconscious psyche works. IN the end, the subject see's that since it's universal the religions so called "exclusivity" is a sham, and everything else slowly starts to collapse... into my warm, loving embrace.

Great times of change are ahead.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. ILoveTheRockets

16. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

1. You pulled the 5 percent number from absolutely nowhere.
    2. You went from saying there were x number of fundamentalists to there is an x number of possible fundamentalists. Moving the goal posts much?
    3. The only thing you have backing up these figures is your own rhetoric and faulty reasoning.

17. Honey Bear

Sounds like the basis of your entire religion.

;)

Care to prove otherwise?

18. Honey Bear

Where, oh where,

can Mathloom be

Where, oh where,

has he gone?

He's in every thread

that talks about Islam

but when he's called out

He disappears

Any man can fight blindly... but when one truly understands what one is fighting for, one will stop the fight.

-Ronny

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Not really interested in engaging in a debate, but did want to provide a few points that might be worthy of consideration:

1- as to the question of numbers, there's an excellent book by Charles Kurzman entitled The Missing Martyrs that assesses this issue quite well.

2- as to the question of motive, I would strongly recommend Origins of Terrorism: Psychologies, Ideologies, Theologies, States of Mind as a starting point for addressing the issue of what motivates terrorism. It's far more nuanced an assessment than your simplistic rendering of the issue, although I'm not certain the extent to which you care to look into viewpoints that conflict with your own.

3- as for your 'mission', I think others are more willing to 'live and let live', if you will.

Personally, I find your worldview sad and somewhat pathetic, but then again, its a matter of perspective and you obviously find value in such effort....

20. NMS is the Best

Believe it or not, Islam doesn't call for 'death to infidels' - I have no idea which Islam you studied. Maybe you learned Islam from Daniel Pipes or Frank Gaffney? :confused:

You understand why some there are some crazy Muslims want to harm America and not Switzerland/Sweden, right? It happens to be because the US intervenes in the Muslim world - often negatively. We have troops in Muslim holy lands, are occupying Muslims countries and back oppressive dictators in the Middle East...