1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Courtney Lee traded to Celtics!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

Flip JJJ for another pick.

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

why is that better than a late 1st rounder? Because of the contract terms?

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

It's likely to be one of the top picks in the 2nd round, and the contract's not guaranteed, like it is for all 1st round picks.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

houston rockets equals trash collectors

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

thanks!

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

Teebone 21 equals trash poster.

7. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Plenty of articles in which Boston fans point out JJJ's physical similarities to KG and that KG has adopted him as an understudy, which he rarely does. They'd been hoping that JJJ would eventually grow to replace KG. Who knows what our front office is thinking, could be a keeper or just more trade bait.

8. allaroundplayer

apparently another team wants jajuan and the rockets will get another pick or a guard.

9. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

source?

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

Does this trade mean we're out of the Dwight Howard sweepstakes?..If so GOOD, now I can sleep in peace:grin::p

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Not at all. If anything, more committed. Just picked up another decent pick, and decent prospect and more non-guaranteed contracts to trade.

12. HamJam

HamJam Member

I disagree, I think we are out of it. If they were getting Howard they would need Lee since Lamb and Martin would most likely be key to any deal. I think there is still an outside chance they act as facilitators and get Bynum here, but I think this deal was mainly made to get a 2nd rounder for Lee without taking on any contracts beyond this season.

Of course, who knows. But my opinion is that Howard is going to LA and the Rockets know it.

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Seconded. Need that sauce.

14. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Lee was a free agent. We can't just trade him wherever we want. He was never part of the Dwight Howard package.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Lee was a free agent. It's not like the Rockets gave up a player under contract. He could leave whenever he wanted to without any involvement from the Rockets. It just happened that he wanted to go to a team with no cap space and needed the Rockets to facilitate a trade. It's not like they Rockets had the power to keep him if they got Howard. They'd have the ability and maybe the desire, but the ball wasn't in their court. So no, I don't think this trade gives any indication on the plans regarding a Dwight trade. It's simply Courtney wanting to sign with the Celtics and the Rockets helping him out. That's it.

16. TigerBait

TigerBait Member

Or Lamb has simply been taken off the table. Maybe he was never on it. We are also likely to get J. Rich back in a deal for Howard.

17. HamJam

HamJam Member

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying we would have retained him if the Dwight trade was going to happen.

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Says who? Random people on Clutchfans? That was just speculation.

19. claydavis

claydavis Member

Johnson is a pick and pop guy. About it

20. The Cat

The Cat Member

I thought that at first, but Richardson (who I presume would go to Houston) is still a starting-caliber SG, especially on a team that theoretically has Howard and Lin to attract defenders.