1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

Guys... Everyone here is partial to their own players and over evaluates them. Trust me... Teams aren't out there going crazy over Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Thank you for these updates, I for one really enjoy them.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Just curious, you mentioned before that you work in the world of agents. Are you a Rockets fan at heart? Or do you provide insider info for various fan bases?

4. Convictedstupid

Do you still think it's more likely Dwight ends up in LA with us as facilitators?

5. Garner

Garner Member

He has given me no reason to suggest otherwise. In fact, I would imagine the rookie took a lot of pride when Durant came to town and it was his job to get in the League's best shooter's face- a job he did really well.

I don't know Parsons personally and don't pretend to by making overreaching assumptions about his character and willingness to adopt this role or that.

What i do know, is Parsons stepped up and bought into last years system like a veteran.

In short, he is the anti-Melo.

I have a hard time believing Lin and Parsons would do anything, but work well together.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Most teams are run by stupids like Dolan who are jealous of Chandler's looks.

7. aron

aron Member

Me being very greedy...but any hints on whats on the table?:p

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Cyberx, is it likely the Rockets acquire Howard tomorrow? Bynum even?

9. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Is it safe to assume the options include both Dwight to Houston and Bynum to Houston?

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We'll just have to disagree on this topic then. I see a conflict just because I think that Lin and Parsons both want the same role. Both Lin and Chandler are coming off a year of success, and I think it's human nature to not want to defer coming off a season like that and instead want a bigger role, a higher social position, than the year before. It's Parsons's pride, the pride that you mentioned him having while D-ing up Durant, that would come into conflict with Lin, just like Melo is a prideful person himself that made him unable to defer to Lin (why should a max vet like me defer to this nobody, who cares if he's winning and I haven't). I think Terrence Jones would work better with Lin because Terrence doesn't seem to be the alpha type, and would willingly defer to Lin, and would be able to work with him, whereas Chandler seems to be an up and coming alpha type. He WAS the man on his Florida team in college btw, the guy who handled the ball and made all the plays for his team, the playmaker. Terrence was NEVER that type of player, the man who made the plays for his team in crunch time. I just think that both Lin and Chandler want the same role, and that's why they can't play together. One's gotta go.

11. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

One can only hope. Appreciate the info.

12. Garner

Garner Member

First, please use the 'enter' key. Your wall of text is difficult to read.

Secondly, agree to disagree. We couldn't be further apart on this point. If parsons is a rocket next year, i think you will find there is no alpha-dog conflict.

13. Nero

Nero Member

You are just making things up.

You know what I see in Parsons?

A guy who will do whatever is necessary to WIN.

None of that other stuff you are worrying about has happened, you are just projecting, and it has not basis in anything anyone here has actually observed.

PULL OUT THAT MAN'S TONGUE FOR SAYING HE HOPES PARSONS IS THE NEXT TO GO!!!

:grin:

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This has been covered elsewhere in the thread and virtually every other sports media outlet in the world but if you want the cliff notes:

A: Lakers get Dwight, Cleveland get's Bynum, Orlando gets some combination of picks/cap relief from LA & CLE
    B: Lakers get Dwight, Houston get's Bynum, Orlando gets some combination of picks/cap relief from LA & HOU
    C: Houston gets Dwight, Orlando gets some combination of picks/cap relief from HOU

15. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

this reply isnt even related to what I said.. Parsons wont have any problem meshing with Lin, what are you talking about?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The idea that Parsons wants his hands on the ball a lot is confirmed by his 11 ppg average as a senior in Florida.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...and just so it's recorded somewhere ESPN pissed me off with the photos they show to cover the news. For example:

Story:Dwight may get traded to LA
    Photo: Dwight looking very happy

Story Dwight may get traded to Houston
    Photo: Dwight looking confused or upset

...if I were to run my own alternative sports media news site I would do something like this:

Story: ESPN wins sports journalism award
    Photo: college kid whacking off to Eric Andrews on something like E:60

Story: Dwight Howard is finally traded to the Lakers
    Photo: Hundreds of Rocket fans giving the camera the middle finger salute or
    Photo: Chinese protesters burning Dwight Howard jerseys.

Story: Cleveland trades for Andrew Bynum, facilitates Howard trade
    Photo: reprint of the comic sans Dan Gilbert note

18. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

I feel like we an the Magic fans are basically in this together. We both hate ESPN. We both hate Rich Bucher and the various Dwight mouthpieces. We both think the Nets deal was a ludicrous joke. Most of them like our deal the best, and most people here want Dwight over rebuilding/Bynum. We both read each other's forums and reference posters on the other board, including "insiders". (They're treating cyberx the way we treat YBR)

I feel like this will get done unless Morey is very very stingy or Hennigan has something else up his sleeve.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lmao...

20. Jappleack

Jappleack Member

I can't believe some of you don't want Howard. I think all this melodrama and the bad year the Magic had have made you all forget how good Howard is.

This is like how people percieved Randy Moss before he went to the Patriots and look what happened there (in the first year).

If the Lakers get Howard, they'll proabably have 20 game winning streaks 3 or 4 times or win by an average of 25 points.