1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome JaJuan Johnson 6-9 PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QazQay, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. seyton

seyton Member

Yeah you are, you are giving Boston the ability to sign him at a price he will agree to. Camby got us 2-2s, but I guess only so many teams are as dumb as the Knicks.

2. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

3. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

johnhollinger: I believe Jon Brockman is now 9th on Houston's power forward depth chart.

Hahahaha

4. Raven

Raven Member

Assets, gotta catch 'em all!

5. Genuine

Genuine Member

Really? He was one of the more well known NBA prospects in college just a couple years back.

6. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

Good for Lee. It's a gift to have gotten anything at all.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Steve Bulpett: Celtics will send E'Twaun Moore, JaJuan Johnson, Sean Williams and 2nd rd pick in Courtney Lee trade. Those 3 won't play today. about 6 minutes ago

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

so basically you get a 2011 late first rounder with a lot of upside, and a likely future 31st pick in the draft.... for a guy you don't want to keep.

Morey is a genius. At least of these little deals, we'll see with the big ones.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

There we go!

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

For helping Boston get their man (Lee) and get rid of players/contracts they don't want? You're right. He's a genius!

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

You are telling me the Celtics don't want JuJuan Johnson on their roster.

K..........................................................

12. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

As a Purdue fan I'll give a scouting report.

He played center in college but is a twig. He rebounds well because he has a huge wingspan and great hops. He doesn't play very strong however.

He does block extremely well but mostly coming from the help side. Think Marcus Camby. He slides over very well and collects blocks on a player that is not his.

Offensively he is extremely talented. He has some good post moves but mostly relies on a great jump shot. At Purdue he would routinely shoot a 15-foot jumper with a man in his face. He could hit it regularly. His senior season he even started shooting some 3-pters although I doubt he does that in the NBA.

Simply put he is a very athletic PF/C tweener who defends well but not great and has a versatile offense. He will likely never be great but he should be an ideal big off the bench. He can provide an offensive spark while not being a liability defensively and at times be a deterrent to guards wanting to drive.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Given he's more like 6-10/6-11 in shoes, if he can play center he might actually stick around. Especially if we strike out on Howard and Asik both. I actually like his chances more than some of the other filler PFs we've gotten because of this.

14. Possum

Possum Member

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think they prefer Sullinger and they already have Bass to back up Garnett. If they like him as much as you think they do; they'll just pick him back up after the Rockets waive him

16. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

With all those PFs we can do this

White
    Morris
    Jones
    Johnson
    Motijunas

17. MONON

MONON Member

Beat me to it. That's ok though,you're more detailed than me. Since E'Twaun Moore was his back court teammate, could you do the same for him? As a side note, Johnson, Moore & Robbie Hummel were the trio that was suposed to take Purdue to the final 4 their senior year. Until Hummel blew out his knee.

18. MONON

MONON Member

Now that's a tall line up!:eek:

19. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

Morey is Quietly puting together a team thats goin to shock alot of people...

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Apparently you don't know the Celtic's depth chart. Bass and Garnett are both starters. You want a 6'8 at best Brandon Bass backing up Garnett at center? Johnson is a legit 6'10 with a ton of athleticism.
    Rockets aren't waiving Johnson. I'd be incredibly surprised. Boston drafted him last year, I don't think they want him gone.