1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Given the availability of what's out left out there at PG, I don't really understand how anyone cannot be thrilled with this...the potential rewards far outweigh the risks...right?

For the cap experts:
    -Aren't we also allowed to use this 'stretch' provision if we need to waive him?
    -If the contract is averaged out at 8 mil a year in cap terms for HOU, how does this impact his 'expiring' value? In other words, if he doesn't produce, can't we still flip his expiring deal at 15 mil to another team looking to clean house or use it in a S&T for a FA down the line?

Regardless of the answers to above, some folks, including this Harvey guy, need to keep things in perspective...and the best way to do that is to think about the contracts given to Matt Maloney and Moochie Norris... seems to me Lin's is a sweetheart deal by comparison when taking into account the duration...

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best wishes, to Lin. I hope he will shine for us. Welcome back to Houston.

1 person likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Assuming we don't get Asik:

PG: Lin/ Machado/ Dragic
    SG: Martin (he seems to be excited for our future now)/ Lamb
    SF: Parsons/ White
    PF: Patterson/ Jones
    C: D-Mo/ ?

Looks good. Plenty of assets to improve at a position. Obviously C is the position of need.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Yikes

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

[​IMG]

6. Classic

Classic Member

New Yorkers are garbage.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

that's sour grapes

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Funny how revisionistic some NY Knick fans can be.

First, Golden State (not NY) was the first team to give Lin a chance to play in the NBA. Second, the Rockets had him signed behind Lowry and Dragic who at the time (and as of now) are more accomplished players than Lin. Third, the Knicks are the new Atlanta Hawks: a second round exit (at best) of greatly talented individuals assembled into a not-so great team. Last but not least, horrible fans.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The thing that excites me the most is that the only reason Lin's production went down at the end of last season was because Ballhog Carmelo came in and screwed with the offensive flow. When Lin was paired with an All-Star big man (Amare) and not a ballhog SF (Carmelo) he shined. So just imagine him with Dwight Howard!

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Let us hope and pray that we are not honoring Jeremy Lin with a bogus "2010s Team of the Decade" framed poster that means absolutely nothing when it is all said and done. I guess when you don't win anything...they honor you with bogus posters to try to make you feel better. lol

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Some of the FB posting to JL directly are amazingly harsh.

Likewise, to Morey's twitter.

Hopefully, the emotions will calm down after a few days.

Its too bad. My personal interactions with New Yorkers has usually been great. I have had alot of fun there. (and left alot of money there)

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yah or omir asik!

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did I see somewhere with the caption:
    I was Linning before it was cool?

15. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Stay classy NY

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Wow for NY being a melting pot.. they are some racist ****s.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I pasted Stevie's twit to Lin, and was using the Francis family foto with it (which I always liked).
    I have no idea how Lin's ESPY twit with Biel and Teebow got stuck in there.
    It did not show up that way in the preview.
    Sorry, and oh well.

18. conquistador#11

so the players read all the negative things 'fans' post on their twitter?
    I made an account and I'm still not sure how twitter works.:p

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am amazed that after all these discussions, there still are people on this board that say, "It's dumb to pay him 15 million a year." These people are either ignorant of the facts or they intentionally misrepresent the facts for their own agendas.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard: Lin wanted to stay in NY initially. That was the plan all along. People are acting like Lin structured this contract. That was the Rockets. Rockets let both PGs go. They went back and restructured it in a way that they thought NY won't match. Lin, as the process went along, felt Houston wanted him more than NY. He's a clear cut starter in Houston.

Knicks feeling deceived?

More ungrateful. You might not be in the league if not for us. You've become wealthy because of this. Knicks need to realize he saved their season. They may feel he was ungrateful.

Latest on Dwight?

Lakers never left. Always interested in getting Dwight. Continue to have talks with the Magic. Nothing imminent. Bynum has not and will not commit to sign long term with Orlando. He's giving them a maybe. Financially, better to become a FA than sign now. Orlando don't want to trade for him unless they can keep him. LA needs a third team involved--Houston or Cleveland. Dwight is still set on Brooklyn in his mind. He's talking like he only wants to be in Brooklyn and that's giving LA trepidation.

Some people feel like there has to be urgency on Orlando's part. They know they can wait right before the season to trade him because they want to wait for the best deal. They will hold onto him if they don't get a deal to knock them off their feet.

Screamin' A.: Linsanity has gotten on my nerves as much as Tebowmania. Lin is an average player. Yes he had big numbers. They dipped by 10 the minute Anthony came back. We are talking about Linsanity because we saw a guy perform in a freelance system without Carmelo and Amar'e. We don't need to act like he is Chris Paul. Those guys are on a different level. Ray Felton in shape is a beter PG and better for the Knicks than Lin.