1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PLEASE KEEP LAMB!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

This kid has the mentality of a flat out scorer. Completely air balled a shot early in the game didn't phase him one bit.

2. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

LOL i think the Magic GM is higher on D-Mo than Lamb

We could strike rich and get Howard like we shipped Donte Greene after his fluke 40 point game lol

I dont think Morey has included D-Mo in any trades.. just wait 30 days and give up D-Mo and keep Lamb... Lamb and Dwight new... Shaq and Kobe( lol)

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Lamb and Dwight will be the new Shaq and Kobe( or so i can hope)

Lamb outplayed Beal tonight

Lamb will convince Dwight to stay more than D-Mo

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

Anyone following the draft knows this. He was a top 5 pick for like most of the year, a top recruit, he's had success his entire Bball career. For some reason guys jumped ahead of him. I think he had the magnifying glass on him for far too long and scouts started to nit pick.

Because having a thin frame means little for a perimeter player. That shouldn't even be a knock on him yet that seemed to be one of the reasons he fell.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Everyone tweet Daryl to keep Lamb :grin:

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

nbadraft.net and a few other draft sites still had him ranked as the number 1 SG over Beal and Ross.. he slipped for whatever reason.. but the talent and his work ethic are unquestioned

Lamb to Dwight will be the new Kobe and Shaq.. and put the Rockets back on the map.. with Parsons as well( who is cool with Dwight)

as for D-Mo we can find plenty 7 footers..who shoot 3 pointers in Europe. Lamb is harder to find than D-Mo... D-Mo reminds me of Channing Frye

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

agreed

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This^. Plus Jones and White.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Some guy tweeted to morey yesterday "please don't trade parsons/Lamb/jones/white"

10. aelliott

aelliott Member

Howard's reason's for opting in are irrelevant to the discussion. Clutch has already verified that his sources told him that the Rockets had the deal done up until Howard opted in. The reason for Howard opting in doesn't change the fact that the Rockets had the best offer which is the point being discussed.

Would you please decide if you are talking about during the season or after the season. You've repeatedly flip flopped back and forth. You state one thing and then when that's proved wrong you flip to the other. Which is it?

Here's what I mean:

The Warriors didn't have cap space during the season and they don't have it now. You've said repeatedly that they could have cleared cap space to go all in. Ok, how would they have done that? Who could they have traded to create cap space? They've been trying to unload Biedrens for 2 years now with no takers. Later you mentioned that they could have traded Ellis for cap clearing purposes. Ok, what team had $11M in cap space during the season and would use it for Ellis? Answer...nobody. Now if we're talking about during the offseason then they have no way to clear any significant cap space.

You mention they gave up "long ago" so that would imply during the season but then you turn around and mention Barnes so that implies after the season.

This time you claim that they could amnesty a player but that is impossible because they had already used their amnsesty.

So what timeframe are we talking about here? The beginning of the season?

Next you suggested that Bogut, Thompson and the #7 could have gotten you Howard. That package wouldn't get you Howard and then to top it off the link that you posted to ESPN trade machine is for Bogut, Jarrett Jack and Thompson for Howard and J Richardson. So which of those trades are we talking about? Neither one would get you Dwight Howard but it would simplify if we stick to a single trade within the same post.

Since you included Barnes, Bogut and Jack in this deal then that implies that we're now talking about after the season.

Now we are back to "months ago" so we've now switched back to talking about during the season.

GS didn't have the pick to trade until after the season so we flip back to the offseason.

Pick a time period, either during the season or after the season and tell me how GS could have made a better offer for Howard than Houston could based on the assets that they had at that time. If you're assuming that GS would have made cap clearing moves then give me an idea of what those moves would have been and who would have absorbed that money.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I started a thread after last years draft about who fans want to draft if we had a top 5 pick... Lamb was my 1st choice!

I was stoked when e fell to 12 and I think he can be an allstar, always have. Despite the tough season, the dude is a strait up baller!

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Keep Lamb at all cost

13. Raven

Raven Member

Either we get Dwight or we keep Lamb. Win Win?

14. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

No it's not a win win...if we get Howard and trade Lamb and Howard leaves for FA...What if Lamb is an Allstar? We lose

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Or we give up DMO, Jones, and whoever they want..

The only untouchables on this team are Lamb, and Parsons. I know its just one game with D-Mo being off, but a lot of stuff scared me about his potential, he probably wont bang in the post, and will be strictly a 3 point jumpshooting big man, who wont get to the line

Lamb and Parsons are the only untouchables on this team

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

We can keep Dwight, Parsons, and Lamb... and give up whoever they want on our team

If they take D-Mo then we should be able to keep our draft picks. Thats better to me

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I heard the primary reason he was falling (this was before the draft) was the ankle/leg injury he suffered that kept him from being able to work out for teams. Lots of analysts were saying it was nuts even then and they should just draft him anyway.

18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Yeah that's better but I really like Jones he plays defense and within the flow of the game..solid guy

19. Raven

Raven Member

If Lamb is made a starter, how many games before he scores 25+?

If he's starting, I think it happens in one of his first five games.

20. aelliott

aelliott Member

Where did you get your scouing report on D-Mo?

Here's what Kevin McHale had to say in an interview on 790AM.

"Well, I don't even think that he's a stretch 4 to be truthful. I think that he's much more of a standard 4 and can play 5."

"He's a 7-ft guy, he's a combo 4/5. Please don't ever say he's a stretch 4 again. He'll start thinking that he can shoot that shot and make it"

"We want him playing a little closer in. His range is much more 15-18 ft."

"His comfort level is attacking the rim, shoot the mid range shot, the reverse pivot face up elbow, kind of get you off him and rise up and make that shot"

"I surely hope his designs in the NBA is not to become a stretch 4 and turn into a guy that stands beyone the 3 pt. line"

http://www.sports790.com/player/?mid=22225664