1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Has Morey officially gone off the deep end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Forget deep end...Morey is swimming with sharks

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The entire organization has gone off the deep end!! This will be one of the worst moves in basketball history and the NBA community is pushing the Rockets right into it. That way they can sit back and laugh at the crazy old millionaire.

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity ...

4. Happii

Happii Member

Don't worry everyone. Just wait for the day the new season starts and look at the roster the Rockets has. Then make your final judgment. Maybe in the end CP3 would want to go to Houston and we end up with CP3 and Superman.

5. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

This

Morey's in a position where he's screwed either way. He already traded his best player to Toronto for basically dirt, while cutting Scola and letting Dragic & Lee walk. Two scenarios:

A) You trade all these draft picks for Howard. Our roster is already depleted, so we will DEFINITELY suck and he'll cry all season. Chances of him staying ZERO

B) We keep our pathetic current roster and tank. But even if we tank, we're still not promised a superstar with next years draft. We could potentially suck for YEARS to come

Morey miscalculated his options. He should've waited for the Dwight situation to play out before trading Lowry & amnestying Scola. He played his hands to early

6. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

-Letting Dragic go bc of the player option issue is a savvy move on DM's part. We'll see how much phoenix likes that when he's 30 and playing at 25% of the level he was when he starts there, or worse, if he gets injured.
    -If you're offered a choice between Kyle Lowry + nothing and Lin + a lottery pick, which do you take? Call me crazy, but i take the second 10 times out of 10.
    -There's no way the Raptors make the playoffs next year - they are in the same division as 3 current playoff teams (knicks, c's, sixers) and one future playoff team (nets). no way in hell 5 of the 8 east playoff teams all come from the same division - hell, cleveland and the wizards have a higher chance than the raptors.
    -worst case scenario we end up getting asik and either a) have the best center tandem in the league, or b) move him at the trading deadline for a good return since defensive big men are both a coveted and hard-to-find piece for any team.
    -White plays more like a 3, and DM is firmly in the 'draft best available, not for need' camp. There are merits to that viewpoint, although it's a totally different debate.
    -You have no idea if a D12 deal is imminent or not, and worst case scenario we don't get him, but Scola wasn't getting traded for a pick, so it at least frees up playing time for Motiejunas.

You, sir, are over-reacting

7. MrJason

MrJason Member

Man this thread sucks.

Dude is trolling for attention...

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

And yet there are 244 replies.

Morey is plotting to do to the Rockets what the current administration has done to the nation:

1) Sending out all of its resources to other competitors.
    2) Taking on huge amounts of debt without any quid quo pro.
    3) Making sure our children won't be fans (who loves a loser?).
    4) Chasing the end of the rainbow in search of costly, unreliable energy.

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I have a big problem with Morey letting go of all our draft pics first off. Then he wants to get Howard and half the team from Orlando, those guys could not win in Orlando why do you think they will win here? Lastly I hate that he is cutting Scola and basically treat Lee like a scrub. I dont think we shoul give the farm for Howard, superstar or not. Remember when the Astros rented Randy Johnson for a season, they are still rebuilding.:(

10. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

lmao @ the last part. we rebuilded just fine after Johnson left. sorry, had to reply to that nonsense.

11. leangle25

leangle25 Member

I believe the rockets are just tired of not making the playoffs and drafting 14th every season. They are trying to aim to be a contender for the Champs in the future. Risk have to be taken i gues. But we do have many talent here in houston. But we lack experience. We might need to send some to Orlando to get DH12.

12. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I do not post all that much but this trade blows. Yes i know "the great dwight howard a top 5 nba player" bla bla bla...We in a nutshell are trading our team for the magics team. Wow now we get to go to the playoffs next year and lose in the 1st round. F the magic and as much as i have always loved Morey am about to say F him too.

13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I think the Astros have been to a world series since Randy Johnson....not a good comparison.

14. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I love how everyone unanimously agrees that this is a bad trade and that we are losing this/that. When specifically were the details of the trade that hasn't happened released?:rolleyes:

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Again i say, any deal the has us renting Howard for a year is too much.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Standing pat is even more costly than most deals as it guarantees failure.

#256 Joe Joe, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop talking like you know what's going to happen.

None of us know what the final deal might look like.

I want you to buy season tickets if we go into the season as is. I know I'm buying if we get Howard. Can you say the same if we don't?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Top 5 players in the NBA are pretty much Never traded!

People think this is just normal? Not a normal package for a not so normal player!

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Its just people over-reacting to a badly written ESPN article.

There hasnt even been an official offer that we know about...the article was putting forth what they felt was going to be necessary for it to happen.

Everything else you read is just standard CF knee-jerking from lack of reading comprehension.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

And yet they still complain ... :rolleyes: