1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It seems like the only thing we can agree on Is that we are all crazy! Haha

Guess that's the price you pay being a Rockets fan

2. ashiin

ashiin Member

We all know Morey is always thinking ahead, but even then how in the hell could he bring himself to do a ****ing deal like this?! WAYYYYYYYYYY too much.

3. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I have a tough time believing that we would give up all 7 of our young assets while bringing back 4 bad contracts on top of Dwight. That is just too much.

If this thing ever pans out this is how I see it going down. I believe the deal begins with Howard and 3 of there bad contracts coming back to Houston for Martin, 3 of our young assets and our draft picks. From this point I think the Magic will have some leeway as to altering the trade if they want with two possible scenarios.

1) If they want to give us the 4th bad contract so we take back Turkoglu, JRich, Duhon and Big Baby, then they would have to choose to either only take back two of our young assets, or take away one of our two future lotto picks.

2) If they want us to add a 4th young asset to the deal then they would have to take back one of there bad contracts so we only take back two out of there 4.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

5-10 years, yep. And I can't see how we'll be contenders until then. The Dwightmare, IMHO, will only delay our progress another year.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Why Is this moved in here?? I did not once mention Dwight Howard!!

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Ah, the thread is merged and now my joke makes no sense... :(

7. AnthonyJFranks

I completely disagree with this trade idea. This is entirely too much to give up for a person who heart isnt in the city. My only problem is why didnt we put this much effort into move up into the draft versus trying to get Dwight.

Hell if this trade goes thru you might as well relocate the Magic to Houston and vise versa. It defeats the purpose you trade to add pieces around Dwight not to keep him around the same "talent" he had in ORL

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

At least I thought it was funny! :)

9. Relentless

Relentless Member

They can't. This is the end of the world.

10. JD88

JD88 Member

" If this goes through morey is the biggest dumbass gm in NBA history."

From the Magic forums - lol

11. smr6

smr6 Member

So essentially we would have 0 people left over from our rotation last year if we did this correct?

12. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

i hope Morey laughed and hung up on Hennigan

13. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

And Davis averaged 19 PPG, while Hedo only averaged 8.4 with more minutes.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The art of trading:

get them to sniff the bait
    reel it in slow till they chase it
    then set the hook

15. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

I bet Dwight Howard would love playing on a team of scrubs. Surely he would sign long term....not. Taking all those bad deals hamstrings the team. This is too much to trade for "Dwight freakin Howard".

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Oh, this is fun ... like a prostate exam by Otis Thorpe.

If MoneyBall pulls this off, we will have Howard and four D-League players with no current draft choices (poor as they were) and no future draft choices. This is clearly a team Dwight Howard would like to lead into the NBA fray.

Then, again, Howard will probably play only half a year due to back problems, and then he will be off to the Nets or the Lakers, leaving us with one of the worst teams in basketball history.

Way to go, Morey.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Exactly, the Rockets are the last serious bidder standing.
    No need to overpay, or to rush. With time passing, the value of our assets will probably go up, with a strong showing in Vegas or to start the season.

18. Relentless

Relentless Member

I see a select few have patience to see the deal get finalized. If there will be one, there will be another.

You guys need to calm the **** down or gtfo. Get a grip.

19. Possum

Possum Member

Does anyOne know who the source of that info is? Bucher? The fact that it's from ESPN makes me not worry. When have they EVER had a scoop?

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

i can't believe that people like you actually believe this. Way to go, Mister Naive :rolleyes: