1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

This is getting ugly. But at this point after gutting the team, if we dont get howard, we probably have the most untalented team in the nba. sure build from the draft but if there is no wade, lebron, durant in the draft you're back to square one.

ask the clippers what building from the draft has gotten them all these years.

Looks like the rockets backed themselves up to a corner. the new orlando gm is playing hard ball and morey is gonna look like a chump after all is said and done.

2. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

After several months of trying to trade Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan called the All-Star center Wednesday night to see if he'd reconsider giving Hennigan and the Magic's new regime a chance to keep Howard in Orlando, a source close to Howard said.

"I already heard that from the other guy on the phone," said Howard, according to the source.

Hahahaha, no thanks Rob, you can keep him!

[​IMG]

4. OpportunityCost

If he does this deal, I say please FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

If Morey does this. I will turn against him!

The offer is way too much for Dwight!

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

There is NO way this is the final deal. Wouldn't even worry about it. Morey has 0 competitors right now why would the deal be that bad for us??

7. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I really hope this is not the case . Give everything away then lose DH12 and be stuck with all bad contracts?

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

The Orlando GM may be playing hardball, but what other team is interested in Howard that can afford him? Dwight's already said he's not interested in coming back for the new head coach, so it seems like Hennigan may be the one who's backed into a corner.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How has the deal gotten even more tipped in Orlando's favor with other suitors falling away?

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No **** he Is backed in a corner he has been backed in that corner since he was hired! There Is no way he can come out of this with equal value short of trading for Lebron or Durant!

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Amen!:mad:

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Hedo or Davis. which contract is worse?

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope all of this is just marketing smoke screen to keep us "interested." I'd much rather root for the scrappy young guys-- especially since we've already blown it up. Trade for Cousins, or just sign Dejuan Blair, to upgrade our current center position candidates. Sign Brooks to meet the league salary minimum. See where we're at by the trade deadline. Draft wisely a year from now. The Dwightmare is, IMHO, more likely to end this franchise than to win it a championship. He and his bad-contract buddies won't do any better this year here than they did in their entire time together in Orlando. Just say NO to the big DHo!

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Who is dealing from a position of strength? The guy with the assets or the guy trying to get out from under a steaming pile of crap?

15. cheifbootknocka

This "offer" is complete and utter BS. We can always roll with what we got and roll into next years draft with two more lotto picks. We will be just fine without D12. If they can't find someone else to take this guy they're screwed. If they proposed something like this to me, I would tell them good luck finding someone else to give you anything near what we are WILLING to give you.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao if we make this trade

17. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

As much as I want this deal to go through and believe we need to make a move. This is to much to give up. We can rebuild and go lottery on our own. Hopefully this is another rumor and ends up not giving up as much.

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

In my opinion, this is just all of the names that have been discussed. Hard to believe ALL of them would be on the move. I'm thinking a combo of them would go, but that may just be me trying to reason with myself.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Hedo.

Davis is getting paid about 19 million over the next 3 years. Not bad considering he can be a productive big man.

Hedo is getting 23 million over the next 2 years. That's almost Kevin Martin money.

20. thething

thething Contributing Member

Dmo would still be here to save us!

Add in Brooks and that is not such a bad team anymore.