1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

If we make this trade, can this trade blow-up in our faces 5 years from now, and be worse than the Hershel Walker deal in the early 90's with Jim Johnson and Jerry Jones.( i know you cant compare the NFL to the NBA).

Im just saying, because i wanna see how Dwight plays after that back surgey before we commit our prospects, and future draft choices

2. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Dude I stopped arguing with you a long time ago...what are you on?...I'm really not scared of a Morey Fan at 2 am..talking tough over the Internet..get a life gangster

3. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

mad cuz he's white.

4. thekad

thekad Member

Well put.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think folks here are keying on how to convince him to stay..... few mentioned for what players Morey intends to swap him for at the deadline if he cannot be convinced

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

The Nets were gonna give up WAY less than this

STERN sending orders to Rob Henningan, trying to call Moreys bluff

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You won't be thinking that way in 3-4 years when Dwight is long gone and Lamb, White, and Parsons are making Allstar games.

8. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Parsons that is.

9. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Y'all are funny. This deal is Orlando's offer so Morey will settle somewhere in between.

This is the way to go though, by giving up our 2012 draft picks we get to keep Donatas Motiejunas and all our future picks so if Dwight leaves we can successfully tank.

Exchange Parsons or one of the rookies for Leuer/Harrelson/Livingston and that will probably be the deal. If Morey is really good, he will get to keep two of the rookies and Parsons and send them Dallas's future 1st instead.

My biggest relief is that they are willing to take K-Mart. Whew.

10. rocketblood713

Thats alot for a guy who dont wanna be here in Houston ...Morey either gonna look real smart or REEEAALLLLL DUMB in but right now REAL DUMB !

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

LOL, if we give up THAT much we're going to be such a crappy team with no shot at the championship that I'm probably just going to have to skip watching games and just check box scores next season until this fiasco blows over.

Unbelievable. I'm going to hold out hope that Morey knows when he's being taken advantage of.

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

If Dwight would sign the extension I wouldn't be tripping...but the fact that we don't know makes me nervous

13. Asian Sensation

I can't disagree with that. But lets say the Magic demanded we give him up in a trade for Howard. Would he be a deal breaker like the majority of CFans are making him out to be?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You mean 3 guys drafted 12, 16 and 18 all becoming perennial Allstars? What are the chances?

15. prs325

prs325 Member

F that...

16. Asian Sensation

That's exactly right. What are you a mind-reader? :rolleyes:

17. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Parsons, Patterson, White, Lamb do not trade

We will take 3 of the 4

Richardson
    Duhoun
    Davis
    Turk

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Biggest knock on Murray is that he couldn't get a Super Star. I have no doubt if we have THE guy in place Morey could get the ancillary pieces to contend for a championship. The talent we had around an injured Yao and McGrady in '08 is a prime example (I know it was long ago). If Yao and Tmac could have been healthy it would have been marvelous.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'd rather go with the guys the Rockets followed :p

Swapping teams? Doesn't sound like a good idea. Not even really about who we're giving up but what we'd be taking back (if this report is to be believed). Dwight is trying to leave those guys, that situation, not team up with them again, ha.

Let's see what happens...

20. willieg52

willieg52 Member

This is a horrible trade proposal. We are basically being asked to give our entire roster & future drat picks for just 1 top 20 player while taking on the garbage contracts of other Orlando players. I don't care about trading players but 3 players that I want on the roster are D-Mo, Lamb, and Jones!!!