1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Good thing too, cause Morey was waiting for your approval

:)

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

OK OK, I'm done arguing with a fool like you, See ya!

n00b,

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

when? next year? maybe nobody.

in future years, like when those contracts are expiring? probably somebody.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

My guess is we are offering Orlando a combination of their choice involving SOME of those players.

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Yeah cause you lost the argument trick!

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

None of this makes sense. Just say you want Howard and thats it. Not once have i heard anyone call one of our picks a superstar. It was just a good draft to give a boost into our rebuilding.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Of course that would work since ESPN listed every f***ing asset we have. This is so silly. They never even said that was the actual offer, and if they did, they would be lying.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

We should remove one young player for every bad contract the Magic want us too take. We are worse with Howard and no one but scrubs.

9. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

i know rightt... one can dream

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

for all any of us know, we were drafting those players because orlando had mutual interest in them anyway.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. I'm pretty sure they want them all.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well if that trade goes down and dwight signs an extension, look at it this way. We did it, we got our star, now morey can do what he does best. Get great role players to put around the star, we all know moreys great at that. We also know morey does a good job getting rid of bad contracts. So the trade is a lot, but we still will make out better than we are now.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree, very risky, but I think that figure should a be a bit higher. If Dwight stays he would change the course of the entire franchise for many years to come.

*fixed!

New figure is enough to take the risk because it's already more than your house and your life savings and if used wisely could set you up quite nicely for the future. Figure is also low enough to ask yourself "do I want to take that risk?"

I get the idea... my post wasn't needed...

14. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

BOTH Orlando and Rockets are desperate at this point and they are pulling each other's hair off...

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

EEFFF!!! Hennigan! EFF the magic and EFF Les we should have just started from scratch 3 years ago:mad: all these years were just a waste of my motha effin time specially if we dont resing Howard!:mad:

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

you touch yourself at night.

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

ESPN is a joke

smh

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well they are bad contracts because most expire 2-3 years later...Rockets may not even have Dwight then.

I doubt this is happening, Morey is all about having some flexibility and a swap of teams just seems silly which is what this really is.

19. Ashes

Ashes Member

I doubt this is the deal, but I'm a bit confused. Does everyone here expect Howard to come cheap? And why are our rookies so overvalued? We would've sent all the picks before they had names for Dwight anyways. I keep seeing crap like "Oh no we can't take back those contracts too!" or "Parsons AND our rookies!?" Seriously now, think about those comments. Any sane basketball enthusiast would be laughing their ass off to hear something like "Whoa Parsons and Patterson too? That's too much for Dwight." Come on now.

Regardless, if the Rockets do land Dwight, I doubt they will be done making moves.

20. slionheart

slionheart Member

So we're swamping for the entire time and becoming the orlando magic and the very thing Howard is trying to get away from. If this goes down Im killing my season tickets, this is too freaking r****ded. We gave up way better players before all of this and then giving up our younger players to get a washed up Hedo and Richardson and the possibility of a spoiled *** center that if he doesn't gets his way will demand a trade.