1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Morey officially gone off the deep end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 12, 2012.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

It's funny you say that Morey found Lowry, Dragic, Lin, Parsons, etc... (all true)

And then in the same breath turn around say we have no future with players that said 'player finder' picked up in the draft or unknown draft picks that said 'player finder' can use to get good players on the Rox.

I'm more than confident in Morey's abilities to find players....

I have yet to see him pick a player in the draft that isnt at least good beyond Dorsey.

Anyway...I think they will more than likely give up too much for a player that ends up being a rental.

Yay! We have an all-star for the all-star game!

Awesome!

If he signs long-term....i'm more than happy...I just have a feeling this move would set us back even further than we already are, as is, if dude bolts.

2. mazinger

mazinger Member

You watch too much FOX news.

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I understand that yank, but there is no real substance to that. Sources close to Dwight's thinking could be anything. He could have stated that he hated Houston's (restaurant) and someone overheard him and now they are close to his thinking. If this in fact is coming from someone, then I think it is associated more with him wanting Brooklyn and trying to get there. Now that that is not reality, his thought process may have changed making the statement moot.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Yes you are right, I was just supporting the other guy's claim that there was an article that said it.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Got ya. Everyone is trying to pass everything as fact lately so my apologies. I forgot that you have been a rational poster through all of this. :p

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

was actually talking about a link to the report claiming Howard gets 50M extra for being in NY or LA

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Oh my bad. Yea I haven't seen that in anything official. Sorry boss.

8. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

This is the supposed 50M from endorsements?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Yeah. The alleged reason that he'd walk away from a $100 million dollar contract and go sign a 10.5 million 3 year deal with Brooklyn.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I appreciate that.

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Interesting. I'm sure those construing this have not considered the endorsements that he could sign in China as well. Even without that, I find it hard to believe that he, and his agent, would be that short sighted.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow, you are hands down one of the dumbest people I have had the grace of interacting with. In what world does an entourage equal the statement of a player, and better yet, the hearsay garbage of said entourage?

Also, I never said he didn't say it, I said he didn't say it to the media directly. How do you prove something that hasn't been done? You want me to find reports saying that Dwight didn't say that he won't resign with Houston? What reporter would report that? Are you seriously that dumb? Not only do you not understand the notion of the burden of proof, you also lack the understanding of what a logical fallacy is. Please for the sake of humanity do not breed.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Hell, they arent considering the fact that we have a large amounnt of Fortune 500 companies here as well, its not like Howard would be lacking in endorsements. Contrary to popular opinion, Houston isnt a dingy little cowtown, 4th largest in USA yadda yadda top 5 tv market yadda yadda stuff I have said already yadda yadda.

14. rhester

rhester Member

Morey went off the deep end when he fired Van Gundy and hasn't done anything right since.

Unless you like the team we have better than the team he got when CD retired how can you defend Morey?

Oh, I get it, he got us Scola, Martin, Lowery- how is all that working out?

Once I heard Adelman say he was going to use Yao like he used Divacs and take the best low post player (Yao) in the game away from the basket I was ready for Morey to go.

Everything I heard from Adelman when he got hear wasn't said in a vacuum it was in concert with Morey's plans.

Morey has tried to make desperate moves to keep us in 7-8 seed playoff position ever since TMac played that last playoff series against Utah with a back injury and he couldn't carry the team.

I like Morey the person but do not like Morey as a Rocket GM. He tries hard but he doesn't have the right strategy.

15. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Completely agree. A lot of posters have convinced themselves that we have El Paso marketability. Obviously, you are going to have to continue to repeat because I don't think it is sinking in R2K. :p

16. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The stupidity runs deep in this one. Isn't this the same argument as a Christian asking an atheist to prove there is no God?:confused:

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

As if it was morey's fault that T-Mac and Yao got injured. He lost his 2 superstars due to injury and has still found a way to field a competitive team. Let's wait and see what happens.

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I see your logic, but don't necessarily agree. The question of "where has that gotten us?" is unfair, imo, until this offseason is completed. As of now, we are not sure where that has gotten us. If it nets us Dwight/Bynum, I'd say it has gotten us pretty damn far.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I understand your gripe and none of your facts are wrong (except that I think Les fired JVG) but I think you frame that post without any context.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Exactly. The guy is claiming Howard has actually said something here. It's fair of me to ask him where did you see this. In his slow brain he thinks that is equivocal of asking me where did Howard not say this. Its actually gotten to the point where his stupidity is painful for me, to know that me and this fool are loosely associated in any form actually makes me feel sad inside.