1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I understand wanting to blow things up to try to reach the top. I've hated seeing the parade of players leaving lately. Dragic, Lowry, Bud, Landry are all missed, but I knew they would never take us to the top without a superstar to anchor the team.

But this one hurts as much as losing Chuck last year. The guy always busted his ass for the Rockets, and I will always root for this guy wherever he goes. I hope he lands with a top notch team and helps them get over the top. Just please don't let it bed OKC, Miami, Utah, or the Lakers.

2. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

I miss the days of players loyal to teams and teams loyal to players. Luis joins the very very select group of players that will always be a Rocket.

Dream, Luis, Mario Elie a few others. No matter where you go I know you Bled Red.

Sad Day.

It is hard to build a contender but this just feels wrong.

Bleed Red Rockets Red.

Fierguard

1 person likes this.
  3. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

After Hakeem, my favorite rocket player.
    A player how loves this t-shirt
    Scola plays with heart and brain

Hakeem was traded to Toronto for a 1st, right?

Sad end for 2 of the rockets best players

4. arjun

arjun Member

as much as this hurts

its best for both, the rockets and scola.

he can go to a team where he will win a ring, and we can use our cap space on a superstar.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much this. Shed a small tear for scola today. Must have been love..but its over now..

6. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

The fact that Scola will still get paid makes it not as bad for him. Then he can go to a new team and get even more money. Still hurts for us fans, though.

7. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Miami should grab him

8. jboger

jboger Member

He gonna end up in Toronto or Phoenix

9. rawool

rawool Member

Damn it, this one hurts.

10. Leonardo Passos

Is sad to see all the players of Yao era gone in Houston. Great team was that one.

11. ric_champion

ric_champion Member

The best footwork in NBA

12. valorita

valorita Member

They did this so that Scola can go to a good team (before all the teams have their cap space used) and that they don't have to pay him as much.

13. conquistador#11

hopefully he is reunited with manu. godspeed, scola! My fourth favorite player after yao,durant,manu.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I know he's gone, but I still want a Scola jersey. He and Hayes were the heart of the Rockets during the Yao Ming injury era. Thanks for making this tough luck team bearable. I hope you find a place to win a championship.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5saBKD81EzU#t=2m43s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lQK9a7U4v0k#t=0m45s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. 713

713 Member

LUIS SCOLA = THE FACE OF ROCKETS MEDIOCRITY...BYE BYE

17. ACL1

ACL1 Member

"No matter what team he ends up on (except the Jazz) I will still be rooting for him in a way that I have not rooted for any other former Rocket since Hakeem was running aroung with a purple dinosaur on his shirt."

for teh first time since calvin and Moses era , I am so down that i find no reason to be a rox fan...
    will pull for any team he ends up with . hopefully lakers or Miami ( the only reason i can see pulling for these teams) just b/c rockets don't deserve him and he deserves a championship.

Up there between Dream and Thorpe as one of my favorite three rockets odf all time.

what a sad day!!!!

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Time to get new favorite players: 1) Royce White 2) Chandler Parsons 3) Donuts 4) Jason Richardson

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

Possibly my 2nd favorite rocket to watch play of all-time.

Happy trails, Luis. Hope you get a ring.

20. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Except White is probably gone too.