1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Dwight isn't guaranteed and that's the difference. Being rational and thinking ahead.

2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Ppl don't get it..,we have a young team now....I'm hearing we should get Howard and if he will not sign in the summer we will just start over......but haven't we already? That's what I don't get. You have your Shooting Guard of the future (Lamb), Power Forward (Motiejunas), Small Forward (Parsons or White)

Just sign your C and PG

C: Cousins, Bynum or Greg Monroe

PG: Rubio, Jennings, Paul, Wall or Kyrie Irving

And if you make a play a Josh Smith then OK but you already have pieces in place

This is making my head hurt ten times over!!!!

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

Good points. Though if we do get Dwight, Martin (expiring) will be gone.

What if Dwight demands a trade?

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Considering no other team that will be able to sign Dwight is going to be a contender, I'm not too worried about it. The plan was never, ever going to be trade for Dwight Howard and win the title the next year.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

That's ok, we would at least get something out of it

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If we amnesty Scola in able to acquire Howard, that is gonna be a bitter pill to swallow. I honestly think Howard and Scola could play together quite nicely. However, I understand that is a pipe dream. In the end if it helps us to acquire Howard I would be for it.

This trade for Howard is the one that the Rockets deserve, it is the one they desperately need. Howard could be the savior to our title hopes. With that said, he could also be the downfall of us all...

However, if you have a legitamite chance to acquire a top 5 PLAYER, you do it.

This is for all the marbles.

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah seriously. Their contracts are terrible but they aren't bad players. (There is a chance if Hedo comes here that he'll be the starting SF).

8. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

If we actually manage to land Howard, the situation completely changes. Our goal would be to become a contender by building around Dwight, in which case a starting veteran power forward like Scola would have good value. Why would you want to continue to pursue cap space and draft picks when you have a star to build around?

This is especially true because we will have to convince Dwight to sign an extension here. Best case scenario, we want to become a 50 win team next season with Dwight in the mix. I wouldn't give up Scola unless I absolutely had to.

9. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

can somebody answer this question?

If we do get Dwight and Richardson, Hedo and Duhon wouldn't we just basically be the Orlando Magics?

Getting Dwight hampers our ability to sign FA next year because of the cap space taken up by those three players and WHY would Dwight resign? He's basically playing with the same squad...

I'm confused as how this would be a good deal. The Magics are asking for too much. They have no leverage because the world knows Dwight doesn't want to play for them.

I'd rather get Bynum in a 3-way trade or just play out this year and have $$$ to sign Bynum or Dwight in FA next year along with another max contract type player.

10. RedRedemption

Its ridiculously hard to find a superstar in the draft unless you tank season after season. We gotta take the risk man. If we pass on this opportunity who knows when the next one will pop up?

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Uh... Why not?:confused:

12. champ

champ Member

stop this sh***t already

13. zzpot

zzpot Member

It could be that he does... But what the hell did the man really say?

he gets paid to write so he has to Vomit something up every once in a while to justify his paycheck. Right. Good or bad the man needs to feed himself and his.

At this point in time what he wrote (in my opinion) was just way to convoluted with little to no point, other than to compile of stack more crap upon the crap we already know.

Nuf said

zzpot

14. ntitan06

ntitan06 Member

If we could get Rubio and Bynum in a Rockets red and keep the team in tack that would be one hella of a young team..... I can only dream... I would be all for Rubio and Bynum

15. RedRedemption

We won't win a title with just Dwight. The plan is to get Dwight to stay somehow and lure other superstars here.
    Seriously. All-Star Weekend in Houston. Dwight spends time mingling with potential free agent Chris Paul at ASW; Chris magically decides to take his talents to Houston.
    Maybe a few "veterans" take less money to play here if they couldn't find a way to get on the Heat lol.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I just don't know how good we would be with if we were ti cut scola.

Howard/rook/parsons/Jrich?/FA

Barely a playoff team IMO.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Meaning we could roll the dice on Dwight Howard and still would be in position to offer Andrew Bynum a max contract?

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Keep the young guns. :(

19. everyday eddie

Chris Mannix tweeted that if the Rockets acuired Howard and they wouldn't be able to get Howard to commit that the Rockets could always flip Dwight to the Nets for Lopez.

I know it's just specualtion on his part but ughh I would puke!

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Take your pick from any of the following reasons:

-Will be 34 years old by the time we are contending and rebuilt
    -expensive contract that will prevent us from signing FAs at areas of greater need (pg-sg)
    -we have a ton of talented young pfs that need playing time

Scola is not going to convince Howard to say. 30+ Million dollars is.

50 wins is a little ambitious, btw. Assuming our back court ends up lamb and some scrub, I see around 45-48.