1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Not true. I want to say there are only 2 players with no trade clauses. Kobe is one of them. Can't remember the other, but it's not Dwight.

Edit- according to the realgm trade checker, Dirk is the other player with a no trade clause.

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

THIS IS JUST SO RELEVANT. Dwight will obviously decline every single trade now and stay in Orlando for another year because his preferred and only destination is Brooklyn. Dayuuuum. Lets enter the Carlos Boozer sweepstakes!!

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Good analysis. Like the post. But you forgot the Toromto pick in your play the kids scenario. So that's 3 lotto picks in 2 years, and a lot of cap room to sign free agents. I think we get to the promise land faster if we play the kids and use our picks.

4. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

They are loaded to the gills. I've been opposed to that approach in recent years, but I'm beginning to rethink my philosophy.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Garnett.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. No. Only players that play on the same team for 10 + years can get no trade clauses. Kobe and Duncan are the only ones who have no trade clauses.

7. Sanity2disChaos

That's what a owner that wants to really win would do...

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

free players? man you are lost on this situation.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Paul Pierce

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

It's Dirk.

11. The Situation

The Situation Member

I think Dirk has one too

12. Possum

Possum Member

WTF are you talking about? I heard it on 790. Aren't they the new Rockets broadcast station? Thats why I ask.

13. conquistador#11

and they probably want lamb too! Zzoran, get your flak jacket ready you're starting at the 2. :eek:

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Whoa, you think a "game changing FA" will come to houston to play with our "kids squad"?

I'm not saying it's impossible, and my crystal ball has been broken for some time, but that's somewhat difficult to imagine.

Granted, the east and west coast teams are all full, so "game changing FA's" will have to go somewhere. But they'll form duos or threesomes in middle america teams before they go solo and sign up with our kids squad.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If Les Alexander is going to let 20 million or so stop him from getting Dwight Howard I'll eat my freaking tablet.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hate to see Luis go like this. I wish the Rockets can trade him and get a decent return. Luis deserves to go to a contender.

17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

because those contracts will prevent us from getting the right support team + 2nd star player needed to win the championship. They didn't work out together in Orlando and the Magic couldn't afford to pay for another bonafide star to mirror dwight and that's part of the reason why Dwight wanted out and Orlando is unloading these guys to begin with--to gain flexibility!

We'd be Orlando 2.0 and ineffective...not what we want. Those "solid veterans" are average at best and won't help us beat the elite teams.

18. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Trade to Boston

Why dont we just trade Scola and Lee to Boston for a 1st round pick. They have the cap space to absorb the contracts and we don't do Scola dirty.

19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I'm tired of this fiasco:mad:

20. dje243

dje243 Member

It seems to me that taking on bad contracts is better than selling the farm. If Dwight leaves then you've still got young prospects on your team to rebuild with. Plus the 3the terrible contracts would force you into tank mode.