1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Local Orlando News] Dwight Howard trade could be imminent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

That's just your dream of getting lady Howard to houston speaking, and I respect your spirit. But you've seen the nba lately, of course a deal this stupid can go through.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

This isn't over. LA swooped in at the last minute for Nash. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen here with us; New Jersey is trying to extract a better deal from somebody else, I feel. These ridiculous NJ rumors smell HEAVILY of them trying to leverage their position to get a better return.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Dwight is traded to Brooklyn for that pile of garbage I will laugh and laugh and laugh. Brand new GM, coming from San Antonio and OKC and dude either is clueless or we will find out Morey never wanted Howard. There is no way that garbage deal is better than what we can throw at Orlando.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Can't do anything but laugh it off.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

A lot of teams want to help get Dwight in Brooklyn. Does any of this have to do with the new revenue sharing system?

Something tells me the Nets were promised a top 3 pick, but that promise was broken due to Benson buying Anthony Davis for $338 million.

Oh, and Dan Gilbert eat a dick.

6. jopatmc

I say it won't happen. There's no reason for Orlando to do it. It doesn't fit any rebuilding plan. At best it mires them in mediocrity and if Lopez continues to underperform it will go down as the worst trade in NBA history. Won't happen. Hennigan is not that stupid.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source says the Clippers have been asked to be 4th team in the Dwight Howard trade proposal w/ Nets, Magic, &amp; Cavs, but have not yet agreed.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/222429394973622274" data-datetime="2012-07-09T20:37:54+00:00">July 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They might as well wait to midseason if the suitors aren't really there and that is all they can get.

9. jopatmc

Yes, this is the option that I think kicks us out. I can't see Morey waiting around to midseason for a half-season rental of Dwight this time. But Orlando may indeed wait, hoping to get a commitment from Dwight or hoping to get a better deal.

I sense this is the most likely scenario right now, with a trade of Dwight to the West (Houston, Clippers, Lakers) as the next most likely scenario. THe most unlikely scenario....Dwight being traded to Brooklyn.

10. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

How ironic... The team that probably "owes" Stern for the CP3 acquisition now has a chance to pay back their debt! I find it funny, how Gilbert seemingly jumped in on this...obviously in an effort to make it harder for Lebron

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nicely summerized.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Seriously. This deal is always going to be there. After December 15, there would NEVER be a time that the Nets wouldn't mortgage their entire team (except Deron and JJ, obviously) for Howard. The Nets are doomed to mediocrity - much like the Knicks - without it.

Unless you think this deal is highway robbery (and it actually is, but the other way), there's no reason to rush into this. I don't even think Brook's own parents would value him this highly.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Okay. I think I see why the Clippers want to help make this deal go through. They are worried Howard might be traded to Houston or sign with Atlanta which gives both teams a chance at signing Chris Paul.

Again, **** Dan Gilbert. Biggest hypocrite ever.

14. conquistador#11

if the magic do wait to the midseason, I can see her strolling around in a wheelchair til that time. THen by the grace of god, she will rise from it with all of her back issues gone.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im in the same boat as him, haha...I just dont see how Howard can end up anywhere but LA or Houston.

If Im wrong? I'll admit it. :grin:

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The Nets might be ready, but I doubt the other teams involved (Cleveland, LAC) would.

17. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Just ****ing trade him already

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Not so fast, my friend. Per Chris Mannix:

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kris Humphries agent, Dan Fegan, tells SI that talk of a one-year deal for Humphries is "ridiculous."</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/222431883995258880" data-datetime="2012-07-09T20:47:48+00:00">July 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Thank heavens

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They could trade Brooks for the pick right now. Don't need Clippers to hang around.

Cavs they do need for salary reasons, unless they re-up Humphries.