1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 -13' Houston Rockets: Let Them Grow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Jul 6, 2012.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

That is my theme for this season for the Houston Rockets

As most of you know I'm a season ticket holder for the Houston Rockets and I wanted to voice my displeasure for this off season were having right now.

Daryl Morey is like that kidd!!!!

You guys know what I'm talking about, the kid who gets all these toys (call them assets) and when he gets bored with them or doesn't find anymore use for them, they get thrown to the side or traded away. Example, Aaron Brooks, he was having a productive season with the Rockets until he got hurt. Lets say the toy leg came off while Daryl was playing with him, runs to his parents (Les) he states, "he is damage goods now I want something new now". So (Les ) says OK go getchu another new shiny toy (Lowry). New toy on the block Daryl is feeling great showing all his friends at the playground (GMs) this shiny new toy. Then the cycle repeats itself as we see with Dragic for Lowry. Now you say that the Smith family just moved out cause they couldn't keep up with the payments, so they lost the house. Now they have this new family who just moved in so let me throw all my toys at him (assets) so I can get this big toy (Howard).

LET THEM GROW!!!!!

Now you have potentially five guys you can shape and mold into your own stars but you wanna trade them away for Dwight Howard? Why do you need to piggyback off Dwight Howard for a year or half a season? Dwight have already stated that he doesn't want to come here and if we trade for him he is not going to resign with us. Build your own team, (Lamb, White, Motiejunas, T-Jones and Parsons) we can build a team around these five guys and at least see if 2 out of 5 or 3 out of 5 can become potential stars and then other free agents will come and want to play for this team. New Orleans has just drafted there core of guys with Davis and Rivers and will match the Gordon offer cause they see the potential in that team. What's wrong with doing that here? OKC built there own stars and core team and so did San Antonio!!!!

2012-13 HOUSTON ROCKETS: LET THEM GROW

1 person likes this.
  2. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If you see a Durant or a Duncan in the bunch we have, point them out to us.

Cause no one else sees them :p

4. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

That's why you LET THEM GROW

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

let them grow= 5+ seasons of being below mediocore and not making playoffs. WE JUST WENT THROUGH THIS!!!

6. conquistador#11

"As most of you know I'm a season ticket holder "

Who are you again?

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

We need to take the lumps, OKC did for a couple yrs but when they get good we can hang our hats on the team and said we did it with our players and not piggyback on others.... like that 93-94 or 94-95 core team

LET THEM GROW!!!!:grin:

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I'm a fan bro that's all you need to know

1 person likes this.
  9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Umm I think men usually stop growing by age 18 :)

10. echu888

echu888 Member

Yeah, sorry, Aaron Brooks is not getting any taller than 4'10".

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree with OP, at least the last part. Let them grow!

Donatas Motiejunas
    Royce White
    Jeremy Lamb

all have very high ceilings. All could bust but all could also turn into annual all-stars or even more. Three players with a shot at being superstars. Nothing is garunteed but when was the last time we drafted players with the upside of these three guys? Yao Ming, Eddie Griffen and Steve Francis before that. None since. Now we have three rookies at one time coming in with a chance to be a cornerstone player. Let them grow!!!

I like it!

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BUelB-OSneY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. fkc20

fkc20 Member

I totally agree--LET THEM GROW and then other free agents will come and want to play for this team.

14. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

just hang on to who we have now and look towards the trade deadline when teams are scrambling to get under the salary cap.

15. liveguy

liveguy Member

Agreed.

They will all grow at different paces...

Some Parsons like (adjusted quick)....

Some Bynum like (took a few years)...

Not saying they will be for sure all-stars, but if White ends up being Anthony Mason or Boozer......I'm Happy.

Lamb like low end Kittles....high end Reggie Miller FINE!

Jones like Marvin Williams type.....eh....whatever...

If they play decent but lose enough to get a HIGH pick in next years draft....cool..we have two picks potentially in top ten that could be traded for a high pick in that draft.

Get your STAR then....

All the young players will be a year better adapted and team chemistry after a season will be that much better.

And who knows how Motie will turn out....but I hope for the best with him.

Sign another FA on top of that and then you're right there!

Bring over Llull!

You can after next year, probably.

The moves are slow as snails, but they can still be made when the time and price are right.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LET'EM GROW DAMMIT!:grin::grin::grin:

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Agreed and now for the blood brother's bond to start between the rookies.

18. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I don't have an opinion on the thread but anything with a Rita Power Video is ok in my book

19. AbrahamLincoln

I like it. Not a bad outlook. Im just afraid that once I get used to the idea of having all these rookies and watching them develop, half of them will be traded...Still a long offseason to go...I hope we keep Lamb.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Most of the first 16 picks had high ceilings this year. Sure, one or more of them could hit that ceiling. Could being the critical word and probably not being the more likely.

If we go into full rebuild mode, sure. You dont have much choice but to hope. But if you can get the best center in the league, you dont say no.

But if one is fond of hopeful saplings, think of this. If Howard came, and then wont stay. How many fine NEW players with high potential do you think he could fetch if we have to trade him?

The other thing that must be paramount in planning here is that superstars flock together. Its not just Howards game that he brings to the picture, its that attractive quality that will lure others. You only have to go back to us having a healthy Yao to see that great players want to play with other great players.

While "let it grow" is a nice idea. It doesnt make our job easier to attract the elite FA's or land very good players willing to take a pay cut just to be here, at least in the short run. Yes, if one or two of them become a Durant or Duncan, all is well. But that most likely will take years and has a low chance of happening at all. This crop of draftees could very well become very solid players. But we had a team of solid players before and we saw where that got us without the all important player(s) that a team can be built around.