1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Free Agency: Max Deals For Mediocre Talent

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sigmund, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/32ksYDlj5f4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"You, Asik and Patrick Patterson. Who is gonna stop y'all?"

2. izeroi

izeroi Member

That was painful to watch, but it's the truth.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Asik deal was really bad.....

4. Hball

Hball Member

Im not a Gm and even I know not use too much capspace on a role player, especially with out having a franchise player to even build around.

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Im glad people are noticing.

6. conquistador#11

Bad contracts in nba free agency are pretty much the norm. I thought the new cba would fix that with non guaranteed contract but it was just a big waste of time, the lockout.

"if he is so damn good why is he averaging 14 and a half minutes?" the better question for that dude is why is chicago willing to match?

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Watch Chicago match it. Big men don't grow on trees.

8. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

Because Noah is in front of him. He has an even bigger contract. The price of a big man. :cool:

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Didn't know who Bomani Jones is before but I'm a fan now.

Still trust in Morey though :p

10. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

lol, I don't care. I want chicago to match it. we suck, draft noel or zeller, even better.

11. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

and cheaper

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its not bad at all.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CLASSIC!:grin:

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

The funniest part is that there will probably be another lockout when the new CBA expires, because the NBA financial system just doesn't work.

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I really hope Chicago match it. God its a really bad offer from the start. Asik has never been any more than average. He's actually below average. Just because the Rockets are desperate for a center doesn't mean they can just run out and throw money at the next center they see. Most of the people here on Clutchfans are willing to throw big money at any 7 footers they see available. It can be frustrating in the desperation I see from some of the post.

I know the Rockets don't have a center but we don't have a PG either. For some reason, I don't see anyone talking about trying to get a PG as much as a center. You guys do realized that the NBA today is run by guards. Today's game is dominated by PGs. Every team has a good PG except for HOuston because they don't have a single one. I think that is a more of a concern than having a center right now. The Rockets did just as well last year as they did this year with Chuck Hayes as their starting center. This year the Rockets had Dalembert and Marcus Camby and they didn't even get any better than the year before.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

This video is extremely funny and well made, and he speaks a ton of sense. But I don't think he's right about the Asik deal, 8M is par for the course for big men. Look at Kwame Brown making 9M, and Tyson Chandler making like 15. Marc Gasol is basically the C version of Lee (above average 2 way player) and he's making the max. Hell, Perkins is even worse offensively than Asik and makes 9M a year.

Big men are coming at a premium nowadays, esp. with the prevalence of extremely perimeter scorers we're seeing pop up in the league. With Asik, his offensive ineptitude might also be because he only plays 15 mins a game and he's playing for a JVG disciple who has no advanced offensive sets for big men. I think its a beyond fair deal for a player with upside, and I really hope Bulls don't match.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

great point...

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The reason Boozer played in front of Asik was because they also had Noah, and there's no need to have two defensive centers in the game at once, whereas Boozer's offensive repertoire was more needed in the starting lineup. Asik's value is on defense, whereas the Bulls' starting lineup's need was offense.

19. SK34

SK34 Member

Props to the guy. PREACH!

20. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Secretly made thread aimed at Asik...Love it:)