1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin agrees to terms on offer sheet [Update: Lin officially signs]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Do you want Lin's contract matched

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

505 vote(s)
    68.7%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="221022219441147904"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/DWRIGHTWAY1">DWRIGHTWAY1</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30">StephenCurry30</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/COSeezy">COSeezy</a> lol i definitely didnt tweet that...twitter lies!</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/221034944565227521" data-datetime="2012-07-06T00:16:52+00:00">July 6, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

that offer is too low. the knicks will match it. they need to go around 35-40 mill range to make it tougher for the knicks to resign him.

3. eaglepoke56

eaglepoke56 Member

Think of it , though. !! We could set the all time record for turnovers in a season. If that doesn't get you excited , nothing will!

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sure... folks here didn't see any logic in pursuing Lin with a contract higher than what they offered (or were willing to offer) Dragic.

But I also think folks here are getting tired of "well, we tried" stories from the front office. And... that is all this was... a "hey we tried" offer.

The reality... the organization is in full out tank mode. Hard to sell that to existing season ticket holders, even harder to attract non ST holders to buy into next year's team.

I am waiting for Morey, or Alexander, or even McHale to stand up to the media and public and spin this out. Most agree that tanking is needed. But I'd be hard-pressed to think any will be that happy about doing it (am I wrong... are folks here happy about the 2012 Houston Lastros?). My 13 year old daughter doesn't quite grasp the nuances of "well, we need to trade all your favorite players away and lose most of our game next year to get a better chance at a higher draft pick".

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The knicks will match. So obvious

6. tzou88

tzou88 Member

To all people who think Ny matching will cause tax problems... it really doesn't. He'll make that money back for them 10x over.

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

And the its the Knicks, these guys dont care about the luxury tax, as proven over the years

8. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Is this too low, or overpaying? I'm hearing both. CLUTCHFANS, TELL ME WHAT TO THINK.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It doesn't hurt offering, so what if they match.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Heh... I suspect folks won't even be following this three days after the 11th... the reaction? "Oh yea, we did put an offer on Lin!" ;)

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

B/c we coulda spent all that time "offering" and "haggling" to go do it with Aaron Brooks DUH!!!!!

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think clutchfans have learned from Fox News. And capable of spinning any news negatively no matter what it is.

We are going for Dwight Howard = He's going to leave after the season
    We are not going for Dwight Howard = Les is not serious about winning

We are signing Dragic = We want to be mediocre
    We are not signing Dragic = No one wants to play here

We keep Lowry = Morey overvalues his assets
    We trade Lowry = How can we choose Lin over Lowry?

We offer Asik a deal = How can we pay for someone who puts up no stats
    We don't offer Asik a deal = Why we no have center? Why only PFs?

See, any news can be bad news. Just depends on how you look at it. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is just what your hoping to stop the rush of reaction from what might come again. :grin: We know we cant stop the rush. Its gonna happen.

ZOOMG!! We signed Lin to a awful contract instead of tanking!!!

OMG Morey cant close deals and he is fat and nerdy!!!

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The sad part is that if this works, the Rockets will get better ratings than they had last year, while winning 10-15 games less (prorated to a full season).

I don't care about the ratings, just long as we lose more games.

15. Vnilla_Gorilla

As Ron White would say, the Knicks are "Looooaaaaaddddeeddd."

So I'm betting they will match. Its a shame though, because Lin at 5mil for the first two years isn't a bad deal.

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

We make it too easy for them.

17. Omron

Omron Member

If Knicks don't match, Morey is a genius because he got a young PG with upside at a reasonable deal.
    If Knicks match, Morey is a loser because he let go of Dragic for nothing and Lowry for cheap and failed to get Lin.

18. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I think most Clutchfans were just hoping that the deal Morey offered would at LEAST be enough to "screw" the Knicks if they match. You know, the 5 mil, 5 mil, 15 mil, 15 mil deal. That way NY at least has to think about whether its actually worth it to match. And if they didn't match, hey, at least Houston has Linsanity.

We shall see what happens.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So now, if the Knicks don't match, people here will trumpet that we "stole" Lin from New York.

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Pretty insulting a lot of people are forgetting the first great Chinese-American to excel in a mainstream sport...

[​IMG]

You will forever be an imitator, Jeremy.