1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GM candidates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Who do you guys think are some possible GM Candidates IF Morey does not return after next season?

I personally think his contract will not be renewed. Morey did a great job trying but nothing has really panned out and time we just move on.

I really like OKC Thunder assistant GM Troy Weaver, but I think he would do his best to build threw the draft ala Sam Presti and I think the Hennigan guy is going in that direction. We all know that Les Alexander is in a WIN NOW mode.

Who are some choices for you guys?

2. prs325

prs325 Member

He just signed a 5 year deal

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Wow, I could have sworn his contract is up after next year....

4. Rafi

Rafi Member

shaq plz

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He will be here for the rebuilding phase. As long as he can get talent worth the rebuild.

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

Isiah Thomas

he brings excitement we fans had been looking for and Morey failed to provide in a long time.

Hello Eddie, Jerome
    Bye Luis, Kyle

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Isiah maybe a dumb GM, but man he knows how to get legit players

Zack Randolph, David Lee and some others at one point in time

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I'd rather have this organization change its owner.

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

well, we can hope PPatterson or Royce White or Terrence Jones will be like ZBo or David Lee one day....

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Member

One guy I really have my eyes set on is Billy King from the Nets. Unlike Morey, he's not afraid to take on big contracts to build a contender, i.e. Joe Johnson. Another guy I think would be really great for our team is Ernie Grunfeld. Never afraid to go into the lottery and get a high pick.

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Member

Sorry, reposting because I forgot to rate this thread - how many times can I vote this thread one star? Only once? What a shame.

12. giddyup

giddyup Member

Isn't King the guy who traded the Nets #1 pick (which turned out to be sixth in the lottery) for Gerald Wallace? I guess Deron wasn't the turnaround artist they were hoping for...

13. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

5 year deal signed last season.

/end thread.

14. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Why does everyone always assume Morey is pro rebuilding and blame only Les for not wanting this? Morey came in expecting a dynasty to be built around Yao and T-Mac. He didn't sign on to a rebuild and much like Adelman, I doubt he wants to. Morey is all things to all people, so maybe that accounts for any hint he's made towards rebuilding, not an honest desire. I have no doubt Les doesn't want empty seats, but I also doubt Morey wants to gamble with a rebuild and have this on his resume. Especially if he fails.

15. dragonz

dragonz Member

To be fair, I think Morey has done a great job to make this Rockets team better than what it was, but I don't think a GM can specialize on "rebuilding" or "build around stars", its all about reacting to your current situation.

16. rockets06

rockets06 Member

There hasn't been an extension for Morey and I hope he doesn't get one, so that we can go after Troy Weaver which is the assistant GM with the Thunder as you stated. He has a very good track record and knows how to find talented players. Also looks like he'll make moves to get the guy he wants and I'm sure he won't treat his team as assets. Everybody knows how Morey plays, they just don't want to anymore that's why nobody wants to come to Houston to play.

17. rocketsfaninala

Some of these GM choices would be a nightmare if we wound up with them. I like Morey's discipline to not overspend. What's going to happen in a few years when some of these high spending teams begin to hit the hard cap or go in luxury tax hell? In the long run, fiscal discipline will prevail. We don't need to overspend for average players. You only need to be a big spender when you have a legitimate star to build around.

18. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Can we trade Morey and Kevin Martin's expiring contract for Sam Presti?

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

I say hire darral maurey...

20. Nero

Nero Member

Clutch needs to add a ZERO STARS rating for threads, I cannot spit on these idiotic threads enough.