1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets offer $30 million to J Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, it's not. When we went to Dragic, he dominated the ball in much the same manner Lin does, maybe even more so. Lin did integrate back in as a secondary option after he was injured and Melo came back.

2. Illegal Machine

Too many turnovers. Not a good shooter.

How is Lin worth 7.5mm but Goran isn't worth 10mm?

I figured we were going to offer a 4 year at 20mm at the MOST.

3. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

$30 million to Lin? It should be at least 30 years. D-league caliber players should not get more.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Stop making sense!.....:mad:

5. Illegal Machine

Except Goran's sample size is MUCH larger, and he is far more durable.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

The cash cow probably features into it, but not as much as you think. Houston isn't a big market, and the Chinese in mainland China don't really gives a rat's ass about Lin. Unlike Yao Ming who grew in China and came to the US to play in the NBA, Lin's pretty much an American, he's not even Chinese, I'm not a Lin expert but I think he's Taiwanese.

Why does Houston offer Lin a contract and not Dragic here's why:

Lin: 30M/4 years
    Dragic: 40M/4 years.

Notice anything different? Hmmm? :rolleyes:

Fact is, Dragic is probably gonna get his 10M a year wish among teams who lose out on Nash, that includes Dallas (who wants a Dirk-Howard-Dragic trio), Toronto (if Nash goes ring mode) and the Suns, who want their pg back (although with the Gordon contract they might not get enough dough). I'd rather have Lin on the contract and trade away Lowry (who hates Mchale), then lose out on Dragic and be forced to keep Lowry cause we don't have a pg on the team.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Lin worth much more than that. NY will match it.

8. mic

mic Contributing Member

I am playing Diablo 3 with a Chinese person and all his characters names have Lin in them (including Linsanity).

9. Illegal Machine

I'd rather sit McHale and Lowry down and work it out.

Kyle is making what, a hair over 5 million a year? That's a better contract and he's a better player.

Tank. Then draft Shabazz or Nerlens. /thread

10. VictorB

VictorB Member

From what I understand, the Rockets are offering Lin the same amount of money that they were offering Dragic. Difference is Dragic walked away from the Rockets deal, thinking he can get his $10m per year.

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Its so backloaded, I doubt NY matches.

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

The worst case scenario is losing Goran, Knicks matching our offer sheet and ending up with a disgruntled Lowry for next season.

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

wow this is interesting.. Lin isnt as quick and explosive as Dragic, but at the end of the day he is cheaper..
    Goran is a bit overrated by the fact that we lost 7 straight games with him as starter and went from firmly entrenched in the playoffs, to outside in the cold.. it was a sad implosion and dragic was at the helm leading the charge
    I just remember us coming home from a great road trip to play the jazz and we got ambushed from the start and dragic looked timid sparking the 7 game losing streak, I feel he shrank under pressure, and at least Lin has heart to fight under immense scrutiny and expectations, Ill take that player every time

14. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EDkQZVJshgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. HorneR

HorneR Member

What's the plan if this falls through? ...Beg Lowry and McHale to reconcile their differences?

What an offseason...

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I figure it has to do with trying to keep the Chinese fan base alive.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sounds like a plan. SERIOUSLY.

18. smokieethabear

This is so true!

19. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

Get Lin we need publicity

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Best case scenario, the Mavs offer Lin a better deal and they go through the Marquis Daniels experience all over again.