1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What other teams are the Dwight Howard buyers now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Dwight: What the ***** are the Nets doing?! I was supposed to sign there next season!

2. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

Howard Isnt going to Resign with us So I wouldnt try to Reach a Deal with getting Dwight Howard.

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

That's what I'm hoping for. Orlando has to be real and realize that it's time to trade Dwight now or get a much lesser of a return (if anything at all) for Dwight.

4. Commodore

Commodore Member

The Orlando GM is not going to be fired for waiting too long to make a trade. He just took the job so no one can blame him

He could be fired for acting in haste.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

Not a buyer, but if Deron Williams now decides to go to the Mavs, not Nets, Howard would likely threaten teams willing to trade for him that he now only would be willing to re-sign with the Mavs.

6. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

Rockets offer > Mavs offer

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Where will he sign, if not with the team that trades for him?

8. smr6

smr6 Member

This is good news for the Mavs I suppose. Not trade wise, but as far as their chances in free agency after the year is over if they make sure the have the cap room.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

i doubt it. even though the most likely team he'd leave for is possibly out of the running, the threat of him being a flight risk after the season doesn't really change. you'd still have to be willing to take that chance.

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

anyone follow incarcerated bob? he said d-will has already made the decision to sign with the nets..

his track record is a bit better than doc rockets. whom everyone seems to love so much..

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

Yeah, sure. The Mavs can only offer garbage. But so could the Nets and yet Howard was playing the I won't re-sign with however trades for me card, that he now won't be able to play anymore should Deron Williams sign with the Nets. If Williams signs with the Mavs, they will become the team Howard will use for what little leverage he has.

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

I hate CB....Don't know why but I can't stand him:mad:

13. AFS

AFS Member

Would Clips trade Griffin+Jordan for him?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Orlando is still in the running.

15. abcd1234

abcd1234 Member

Orlando can care less where Howard wants to play. They want the highest offer. Morey is willing to bid high even if its for a rental.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

None of which who are willing to give up established veterans + a package of prospects for one year of Howard.

The Rockets offer is clearly going to be the best on the table.

I think Morey's persistence is finally about to pay off. Then we'll see how this all plays out next offseason.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

I see the jojo trade as a double-edged sword...

On one side it takes nets out of the dwightstakes and increases our odds of resigning him if we trade for him...

On the other side i feel like it opens up more teams to join into the dwight hunt because they think they could possibly resign him also...

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...e-trade-atlanta-hawks-joe-johnson-sources-say

Yet another team with no asset to offer Orlando.

The wild card is going to be whether Dwight agrees to stay with one of the bidding teams that actually has more than what HOU has to offer. Lakers are a possibility, I guess.

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Member

LA could have traded Bynum for Dwight at any time, but they have not done so. What would change now?

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Dwight Howard agreeing to be more than a rental for the Lakers.