1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Predict what happens over the next 24 hours in Moreyville

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Gasol is option B right now and personally i wouldnt give up two lottery picks for him. I think Howard is a stretch at this point.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It wouldnt bother me a bit to see Drummond get passed over .... not once , not twice but three times. I think he is a bust.

4. Happii

Happii Member

Damn straight...

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

6. Raven

Raven Member

We won't get Dwight but we will get a second tier star and one high ceiling rookie, the Drummond & Josh Smith theory sounds about right.

Once again, I go on record as stating that Morey should move up and draft a high ceiling big man, either Drummond or Meyers.

7. Trackball

Trackball Member

Agreed.
    Anyone who shoots 30% from the free throw line is not someone I want on my team, because it's a clear indicator of the amount of effort a player is willing to put into this sport. It's why I don't respect Shaq as much as some other people--why NOT put in the time and effort to fix a huge, glaring flaw in your game? You have no excuse.

Oh, and if you think I made a typo with that 30% figure...check out the 5:00 mark. (Or if my Preview Post is any indication, you don't even have to click play!)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V1xHtOMCJPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If Drummond's BEST ceiling is Andrew Bynum then why not trade for him instead?

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You might be surprised but those are actually par for the course numbers for guys his age at center. For everyone who turned out pretty good. Guys like Noah, Al Horford, and Hibbert. He has similar stats or better in his sophomore year. Some better measurements too. That is basically where his potential is drawn from. Besides the stellar High school career that basically backs up what he could do potentially. So its all potential and projection with this guy.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I mean *freshman year.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

sounds like he got lazy... lost the fire.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He actually shot 27% from the charity stripe for the season and actually got WORSE as the season wore on .... shooting 18% from the stripe over the final stretch. How the he77 do you get WORSE than 27%?!?!

I read somewhere , one of the mocks , that the mechanics on his shot werent flawed - Then I watched a few video's of him , both from the line and the field and came to the conclusion that .... his mechanics are flawed , and that writer hasnt a clue what he's talking about.
    He often shoots from shoulder level and pushes the shot on a flat trajectory rather than an arc , both from the line and the field.

27% .... and we laughed at HackaShaq , this would be a whole new level of fail.

His shot isnt the only thing that bothers me , another is the fact that he doesnt put a body on people on the defensive boards ....Dude's 6'10" 260 and doesnt play like it.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I can even tell you where they get the Bynum comparisons too. They had similar numbers of production in high school and nearly similar builds. So that is accurate his ceiling is Bynum. His low level is near Deandre Jordan as well or slightly worse.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't know if he going to be a bust,but I would pass up on him too.

15. ejarts

ejarts Member

Honestly, I don't think Drummond is a good idea. Another Thabeet. No skill, only athletic. Next Deandre Jordan.

Plus, why would you get someone with questionable character issue, or lack of "will". If you're gonna go by potential, then get someone like Austin Rivers. Cocky, and competitive. That's the mentality to look for.

Potential is meaningless if there is lack of effort and passion. Drummond will be a bust.

16. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Trade for Josh Smith, obtain Eric Gordon, resign Dragic, draft a big. At least the end result will be fun to watch, highlight city!

17. DelusionalFans

DelusionalFans New Member

Attention all Rockers fans! Why on earth do you guys think you will land Dwight Howard and Deron Williams? This organization has been mediocre for the past decade, no free agent in their right mind want to sign here. I applaud you guys for trading for 3 picks and getting 3 old players back. You guys will probably will trade Lowry and 12 16 to Kings for 5TH and Evans. Than you guys will get Andre Drummond and become the 8th best center along side with evans and Royce White. But stop wasting every bodies time with these Dwight rumors. In the end he will stay in orlando and rot with his team

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

People keep talking about a low floor for this guy, high bust potential...I dunno, the worst case scenario I see for him is DeAndre Jordan. How is that a bad thing?

Best case scenario...there is no limit to his potential.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Guys, how many hours left til the draft? I don't live in the US.

20. jorgef09

jorgef09 Member

Just under 15 hours.