1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings want Motiejunas packaged with picks for 5th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

lowry + brockman for #5 pick

2. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Decisions decisions! I really want to see D-Mo play in a rox uni though, would be tough to see him go if he get's packaged in a trade.

3. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Hmm Monte + 16 for 5?
    Lowry + 12 for #6?
    #5 and #6 for Howard?

Sounds good to me! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. anchel

anchel Member

Jambo (Houston)

Any Rockets trades going down today?

Chad Ford (2:26 PM)

We're waiting. They are talking to everyone. Lots of interest, but haven't been able to seal the deal yet. I think the Kings at No. 5 is the most realistic, especially if MKG goes 4. But don't believe the bogus reports that this is some larger deal with Tyreke Evans and Kyle Lowry ... This would be 14, 16, 18 and perhaps one other young prospect from Rockets roster

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Yes...especially considering...that the Rockets can actually then go for Ersan(kid from the Bucks who is a UFA...which would be a great free agent pick up btw)

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd do it. Why not.

Cheers to not having the 14th pick! Someone should make a new appreciation thread about it.

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...ockpiling-picks-in-bid-to-draft-in-the-top-10

8. cod

cod Member

FIFY, no need for Patterson now the Rockets have Leuer. Plus Leuer can play C.

9. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

are the kings stupid? why wouldn't they want a borderline all star point guard leading their team? thomas is only 5'9, he can't be their long term point guard. And why would they want to retain evans all of a sudden? they have thornton, he doesn't want to play sf, and he can't play pg. I don't get it.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Like others said, if that 5th pick is packaged for Dwight, then great. Otherwise, the talent that will be available at the 5th pick might be lateral or worse than the potential of DMo. A frontcourt tandem of DMo and Dwight sounds intriguing though.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

12, Donut, Lowry for Evans and #5. That's a good deal.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen
    Lots of talk that Rockets are targeting Drummond. Not yet. No consensus on how to use pick they don't have yet, source said. Opinions split.

Ken Berger @KBergCBS
    Some execs believe Houston wants Drummond, but could be a smokescreen for their real target: Lillard, whom the Blazers want at 6

Dwight Howard dream over(?)

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

anyone remember how high Dmo was projected when he was younger? I want to say i remember a mock draft putting him as high as a top 5 pick, but then he didn't enter....what has changed since then? I think the buzz just died and teams were down on him last year

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I would not give them Dmo and all our picks but I would give them Patterson, 12 and 18.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

No deal will be made then. Cousins is all they have.

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

**** that ****

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is unproven, but if we aren't getting T-Robinson with the 5th spot (which is unlikely to happen),then we should keep him.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If we are targeting Drummond....then must keep D-Mo at all costs.

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I'm a fan of Tyreke, but hell no.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody said Lowry is better than Deron Williams period, most people who said that take salary into account. In case you haven't noticed, no team has won a ring with their pg as their highest paid player apart from Magic. The NBA isn't 2k11, you have to take numbers into account and not just get into simplistic "Player A is slightly better than Player B, let's get player A even if he costs 3x as much". As for Rondo, unless he proves his playoff run wasn't a hot streak he'll still be inferior to Kyle Lowry. Dude's been playing with 3 HOF offensive dynamos for most of his career, once the Big 3 gets broken up I dunno how he'll be able to get into the paint when 3 of his teammates don't demand double teams anymore.