1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket: "All will be super happy on Thursday."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 26, 2012.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Another crack at interpreting this guy... who is just messing with our heads at this point. Is he trying to be a prophet? Would guess so with the heavenly comments at the end:

First off I think he's saying that his thoughts stand alone and that there are multiple outcomes that are possible as it stands. He then uses a way over complex comparison to language terms to state that the Rockets, as they stand, don't have a true identity or definition. He then says he wants Dwight and Deron, and even Josh, not not really. He then says it would be nice if all three were to come here.

Next, the good doctor goes on to state that Daryl and his numbers, I assume his statistics he's tracking, are pointing to players that Doc Rocket also would like to see the Rockets get. He also says he wants:

"I want a big man that can put a blocked shot into the third row.
    I want a big MAN! (yeah, ok, that sounded bad...)
    I want a man-child from Connecticut or a child-man from the Nuggets.
    I also would like a man named John, Meyers, or Arnett from a draft."

Please, interpret this to mean whatever you like. he goes on to say he wants several picks and a strong scoring option (implying the Rockets don't have anyone at the moment to put the ball in the basket consistently).

He goes on to express more sentiment about how he wants the Rockets need something to "Hang Our Hats On." This would be along the lines of wanting to define what the team is.

Then he says "Who CAN define us?" with an emphasis on CAN. Perhaps a reference to Canada, but that is a stretch. Perhaps just an emphasis for dramatic effect.

Later on he says a good idea would be to draft potential stars and build a core in the draft. He then says it's his opinion and refers to quantum entanglement and that things won't be reality until they happen.

Ending his post, the doctor posts that we are about to see something that is possibly heavenly, but not from the city of Angels.

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Doc is mad at Les, because Les/Morey will pick MKG with #4 or #5 acquired instead of the players he wanted.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

make that prob 100s from here lol

4. mic

mic Contributing Member

He's a Lotus Plaza fan.

5. vernonmaxwell11

i was just thinking the same line from terminator

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

I followed some of this.

More than anything, Dwight, DWill, and Smith want to be together. Some want to be in one place or another, but their priority is playing together. If Houston can make that happen, then they will make their home here without complaint.

But this isn't the only scenario. Morey want's a big time defender, i.e. Drummond, McGee, or Anderson. I assume to pair with a more offensively minded DMo.

Morey wants to rebuild through the draft, but Les wants to make a big splash.

There is a chance we get Gilchrist.

7. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

Are you a drunk or Semi r****d ? Stop fooling folks that you have any kind of inside information.. :mad: Moron

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

JaVale McGee
    Josh Smith
    JR Smith

?????

9. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

BLASPHEMY!!!!

10. Asian Sensation

lol...

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Everything is just speculation. This guy is just hedging his bets, he's not an "insider". Although, I will say he's pretty entertaining.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I read the entire post like this -__- .......

WHAT?!?!?!

13. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I just made this up--BTW.

Just a random guess...I have no idea whats going to happen.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I forget how much I love this board and then the offseason rolls around and all this hype happens and man... I love this board.

Clutch must be working hard today closing thread after thread.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Folks should understand that this does not appear to be a prediction, rather than an expression of opinion/hope by Doc Rocket.

Even moreso, this reads like a disclaimer -- disclaiming that he has inside information and indicating that, like Daryl Morey success or failure, the accuracy of the poster's thoughts and predictions depends on a whole lot of variables and scenarios that have not been settled.

So my post isn't meant to be critical, but clarifying. There's lots of predictions and opinions around here, and as far as those go, Doc Rocket's is more entertaining than most.

But I think he just made it clear that he's not trying to say he has inside information that makes his prediction any better. He just disclaimed that.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Clutch has said that Doc was an insider. That is good enough for me.

He tells us what he sees. I bet out of every 20 deals that get discussed, only 1 gets finalized. I rather get get insight from someone that knows even if it happens 1 out every 10 times.

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Tweet from Doc...What does it mean??

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Leaders of New Orleans = Leaders of New Jersey. Don't fight an emperor... Rockets to get a bone thrown but still haggling & u know w/ who!

deal is done but stern be a D BAG...if this is true I am freaking stoked!

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think it's possible he's referring to Chris Andersen, rather than McGee.

"I want a big MAN".....man being capitalized. Birdman.

"Child-man" could easily refer to Andersen, rather than McGee.