1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time NBA Draft: Final Four Matchup #2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Horry33, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maloe for sure.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I think that we should declare a winner in this League before starting the next one...

How about the 15 teams in the new vote in one word for the winner...can't vote for your own team. First with 8 wins?

Something...
    Or I could just ask 5 people in the new draft thread to judge...if you've got the votes already, you won't lose them.

Ok.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

still cant believe were doing a second one before i officially won the first. ..

/sigh...

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm bored, here are my two cents:

::Homer mode off::

First of all, I don't understand how in an eight man all-time league a team giving minutes to Goran Dragic wins against anybody. He's the backup PG, probably playing at least 15% of the game. The opponent's backup PG here is Kevin Johnson, a star in his leagues and a quality player in this league. Goran Dragic = Christian Laetner in this league.

Then there's Yao, he was the best center in the league in his prime, but he's going up against Hakeem Olajuwon, the most complete center ever, and Bill Walton, one that in his prime played at an all-time MVP level. Someone said that Hakeem has never faced anyone with Yao's size, not true, he played against Eaton; I think Yao could score on Hakeem, but Hakeem could play that active defense that troubled Yao; Yao would be on the bench quickly either in foul trouble or huffing and puffing.

Those are the two glaring individual mismatches that I see.

Offense:

In terms of offensive team play, there are too many high-usage players on BigMaloe's team. You might get away with Yao being a spectator, but Robertson, Bryant, Pierce, and Pettit? No way. On Jamers' team, Miller and Unseld are content to catch and shoot and catch and pass, and Rondo is an assist hog that would rather not shoot.

Defense:

Defensively, Hakeem and Walton are all time greats, James is the best non-center defender in the league, Rondo probably the best at PG, and off the bench there's Cooper. While the only recognized defensive player on BigMaloe's team is Bryant. Not saying that Robertson, Pierce, Pettit, and Yao were not solid defenders, just that they aren't at the level of their opponents.

Rebounding:

For the most part, this is a wash (Pettit = Unseld, Lucas = Walton), but there is a slight advantage for Jamers because of Hakeem and James' potential to be a great rebounder.

I also think that Jamers' team will transition quicker from rebounding to offense with the outlet passing of Unseld and Walton and the rebound to break ability of James.

Verdict:

Jamers takes this led by the all-around play of James, Olajuwon's inside work, and Miller's clutch shooting.

#24 JumpMan, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  5. BigMaloe

appreciate the time and insight...

quiknote.m, you missed the reason i drafted dragic... hes not plauong hardly any minutes... there is no back up to my 2high usage guys bigO and kobe, rhus allowinging them to get thier shots... everyone seems to claim pierce as selfish and whatnot but im not seeing it... especially in his prime, maybe at the begining of his career... also you missed the fact that pettit slid to center when yao rested and lucas came in at pf...

that being said thank you very much...

6. IzakDavid13

BigMaloe leads 4-1 in voting

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Now that I'm a judge I looked at it more detailed and have to agree with jumpman. Jamers has world class defense at every position and a great mixture of unselfish guys that paly for the team, hustle and are very quick on transition defense&offense. All guys can pass it and the role mixture just seems better than on a team with Oscar, Kobe, Pierce, Yao who are all not world class defense. I basically don't see the system behind Maloe's team, what is his offense scheme?

A team with Rondo, Reggie, Bron, Unseld, Hakeem AND an all-time great with Walton that is a beast on both ends, runs, hustles and is known for his outlet passes, Kevin Johnson who was a beast in his prime...that's a killer mix of units you can throw on the court. A guy like Hakeem, Unseld or Walton gets the rebound or they block a shot and then you have the most dangerous transition imaginable with Rondo and James being able to coast, Reggie being open for a 3. You have Walton and Hakeem being able to run and pass or finish with ease over their slower opponents.

I think Hakeem would dominate Yao on offense with his unique skillset, speed and footwork while he would be able to contain him on defense.

LeBron has the edge over Pierce, Pettit and Unseld are on par.

Looking at the bench, Arizin and Lucas are no issue as Walton(one of the best of all-time and Cooper(eight all-defense teams) will handle them.

Then you have the issue of having to overplay Lebron or Oscar at point or throw in Dragic, who would get killed by Kev Johnson.

Jamer's team is perfectly built and thought out, they are all-time great on both ends and deadly on transition and passing. They can slow it down or out-pace their opponents with ease.

If you really look at it I'd say Jamers would win this in 6 games.

8. IzakDavid13

Ok then...BigMaloe 3-2 lead in this series.

I like Jamers team too, it could've easily been 3-2 Jamers...but my decision stands.

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I agree with jumpman's post...I vote jamers

10. IzakDavid13

Series tied 3-3!

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

12. IzakDavid13

BigMaloe 4-3

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe...

ohhh i cant vote for myself??? nevermind....

:grin:

15. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I pick Jamers

Jamers leads 5-4

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

17. IzakDavid13

Jamers leads 6-4

18. VBG

VBG Member

Jamers. His team flows much better.

19. IzakDavid13

Jamers 7-4...1 win away from the finals!

20. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Shayan voted bigmaloe.. imo, just end it at first to 7 since there are some who aren't around as much