1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

This.

Also, Lebron da first non-center since John Havlicheck to average 30/10+ in first 3 games of da finals since 1969:eek:

#Historicplayoffrun

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's true. But Brooks decision to take out Westbrook when he had to take Durant out because of foul trouble - was horrible decision.

They had 10 point lead they were clicking especially defensivly.

Thunder have to blame their offense in the 4th for this game. They completly shut Miami down in the 3rd period and when it was time to close out this game they failed. Maybe they're too young.

3. Vienna Calling

Wow, the Heat really got some critical calls by the refs in Game 2 and 3.

4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

okc missed a ton of free throws in both games and got out rebounded. Also Durant been ballhogging. 1 assist in 2 games is unacceptable. Not passing ball = bigs disengaged which led to being out rebounded in the 2 loses

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yes, we get it. If the Heat pull this one out, it'll be strictly because of the refs.

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

You need to choke often enough to get a reputation like that. And then you need to clutch often enough to get rid of that reputation. See Lebron for example.

7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yea they built up a lead in the 3rd quarter and then he took out Westbrook and Durant. Bam lead gone. Durant had 4 fouls so it was understandable, but Westbrook should've been on the floor.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Congrats Heat 2012 NBA champions.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Lebron is gonna be 1 hit wonder just like Dirk, Alex Rodriguez and Peyton Manning. 1 championship doesn't justify multiple choke performances and underachieving in the winning department

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

Nice try on the jinx. You did this last year as well. Very Lame.

Look at this pathetic thread this guy started in the feedback forum last year:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=205097

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

Lame. Very Lame. You can do better.

12. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I think Lebron will win more than 1. Maybe not with the Heat but he'll win one.

The amount of hate toward Lebron..makes JVG roll his eyes.

13. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd, it begins. :rolleyes:

14. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Wanted to share, posted on Grantland.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/29792/nba-finals-shootaround-the-house-that-lebron-built

Here is the play-by-play rundown of Kevin Durant's fourth quarter in Game 3 of the NBA Finals on Sunday:

11:26 — Kevin Durant bad pass
    9:00 — Kevin Durant makes 2-point shot
    7:54 — Kevin Durant misses free throw 1 of 2
    7:54 — Kevin Durant misses free throw 2 of 2
    5:50 — Kevin Durant misses 25-foot 3-point jumper
    5:26 — Kevin Durant defensive rebound
    5:06 — Kevin Durant out-of-bounds lost turnover
    3:47 — Kevin Durant shooting foul
    3:36 — Kevin Durant makes 19-foot jumper
    2:30 — Kevin Durant misses 10-foot jumper
    1:06 — Kevin Durant misses 9-foot jumper

15. cod

cod Member

OKC are done. They need the Thabo that turned up in the Spurs series but that Thabo doesn't turn up very often. It's why the Bulls ditched him.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I think Thabo has been great- he has exceeded all expectations I had for him this series, and I wish Brooks would play him more.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Thunder had every chance to win this game, sure they had some calls not go their way but too many missed free throws from good FT shooters (I am not going to fault if Perkins misses a few, but for Harden and Durant to miss another story) and too many unforced turnovers is what cost them the game.

Honestly if Perkins or Ibaka had any sort of post game this series would be 3-0 Thunder easily. The Heat can get away playing the smaller lineup because there is no post threat for the Thunder. As strong as James is he wouldnt be able to guard consistently a guy like Perkins or Ibaka with their size in the post. I mean at times they have Battier guarding perkins or Ibaka but they can do that and get away with it.

on defense both Ibaka and Perkins are good (in perkins case really good) post defenders but since everyone on the heat are perimeter players who either spot up to shoot or drive their biggest asset defensively is negated. Thats why Collison who is their best mobile big man is having the biggest impact in this series. Brooks needs to figure out a way to punish the heat with Ibaka's and Perkins size underneath. Maybe even tried to have them post up now and then and see if it helps change the way this series is played.

18. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I wouldn't say 3-0 easily, but not having a post game is really hurting the Thunder offensively. If they go on to lose this series, I bet scoring from the post is whats addrressed first in the offseason.

Perkins has gotten the ball in the post, he can't do nothing with it. He has no offensive game. I actually saw him score once in the post last night on a baby hook. Other than that, its a wasted possession for him to even touch the ball down low.

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

You (Kobe fans and Lebron haters) just proved my point. Some people think Lebron winning a championship will silence all of his critics, but instead, they'll find something to b**** about. My guess is the next one will be, "let me know when he has 5 like Kobe." or "Anyone can win 1. Even Adam Morrison has 2 rings.", etc.