1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. amaru

amaru Member

thx..

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

They just need to win 1.

Winning 1 would allow SO much breathing room.

3. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

You guys are straight up dumb.

The thunder win game 1 and all of you are talking about how Miami will get swept.

Miami wins games two and three and you guys talk about how much the Thunder suck.

Honestly, Scott Brooks is better than McHale. Stop saying he is awful. He beat Pop, The Mavs, and the lakers.

Thunder played a hard game, but it is obvious Durant was in foul trouble both games.

Chill out and stop making assumptions. Basketball is a game of back and forths

4. snc

snc Member

Lol @ people dogging on Durant for his low assist numbers. He is shooting over 50% why would he look to pass? He's also usually on the bench with fouls.

5. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Everything that has gone wrong in this series for the Thunder can be attributed to Scott Brooks being an absolutely godawful terrible craptastic coach of basketball.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

OKC is just too inexperienced, I dont doubt they will have a few more chances at it, but until they learn to be patient for good shots and don't jack up horrible shots out of stupid one on one situations, they wont be able to win a series against a team with similar or better talent.

I was only able to watch the 2nd and 3rd quarters and I saw Westbrook go one on one without even attempting to get the team into a offensive set several times, each time leading to a bad shot. Obviously, without watching the entire game, I cant say it was all on him, but as a point guard it is his job to spread it around and make sure they get the best shot possible....and he simply seems to be failing at this job.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh, sure! It's not like Miami plays great defense, or has James / Wade / Bosh, right?

8. Mr. Space City

both coaches are pretty crappy tbh

9. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

OKC wins the series in 6. Book it.

10. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Ok, tell me one thing Perkins is good at. Rebounding? average. offense? unless it's a dunk he's terrible. Defense? over-rated at best. Not sure why you want to defend a terrible coaching job. Give me Ibaka over perkins against the Heat any day.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It felt like I was arguing with the entire dish when I said the Thunder will win it. I'm glad the Spurs lost.

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

If he doesn't pass the ball and give teammates touches and get them involved they'll be disengaged. No wonder they've gotten out rebounded each of the last 2 games

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

1000% this.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

IMO, I don't think so. You don't run through the defending champs, Kobe / Bynum / Gasol, and Duncan / Parker / Ginobili / Pop without experience.

OKC needs to wake up, come game 4; otherwise, Miami is hoisting their precioussss.

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

He is really good at 1 v 1 lost post defense. Which is in no way needed in this series.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

You need to take back what you said.

Perkins is absolutely the BEST IN THE WORLD...at scowling.

17. amaru

amaru Member

MIA would have to choke this series away at this point.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Thank You. It's unbelievable how people act after 1 game around here. They did it last year when the Bulls beat Miami in game 1 and then Miami won 4 straight. They did it again this year in the pacers and boston series against Miami and now they are doing it in the nba finals. After game 1, Durant was the real MVP and miami was going to get swept. After game 3, the thunder suck and scott brooks needs to be fired.

It's just one game. It's only 2-1. This is going to be a very long series. It's nowhere close to being over.

19. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

But they will win all 3 so it is all good

20. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

In close games it isn't about the players. If these were blow-outs I'd agree with you. But Durant/Westbrook/Harden is just as good, if slightly less dynamic.

Brooks is obsessed with playing Fisher over Thabo until deep into the 4th for reasons unbeknownst to any person capable of logical thought. Thabo is the best wing defender on the Thunder, yet rides pine so Derek Fisher can jack up transition threes?! As soon as Thabo came in tonight, BOOM, rips Wade, lays it up, one point game.

Then he keeps playing Perkins down the stretch against Bosh who isn't your typical post player/center in the least. Perkins' specialty is banging down low which Bosh would never attempt. This results in several offensive rebounds by Bosh, who crashes the boards from the outside and, Perkins, who can't and shouldn't be bothered to play out there, can't find him to box him out.

MEANWHILE

Ibaka or Collison, two of the best interior defenders in the league, are sitting down somewhere. WHY?! It's so ****ing dumb.

Westbrook/Thabo/Harden/Durant/Collison or Ibaka (whomever is hottest) is your line-up for the last six to seven minutes. End of story. Two GREAT defenders, three STELLAR scorers.

But, instead, Scott Brooks is Scott Brooks and can't make adjustments and can't get his team to run any offense down the stretch. Run some sets, man!

ugh.

1 person likes this.