1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was I wrong for this? sorta long...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eddiewinslow, Jun 14, 2012.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

So long story short, there is a girl I've known since I was about 5, we went to elementary school together and I haven't seen her since 5th grade. Im 24 today mind you, anyways we found each other via facebook a few years ago and chatted a few times but never found time to meet up and moreover, I have never had any contact with her in about 2 years not even via facebook......

Anyways she hits me up with a text bc we texted each other a few times 2 years ago, anyways she says I see all your pics on facebook and see how you and your gf go on summer trips and have fun, anyways I've been laid off recently and I know youre from a well off family so I figured humility aside I'd ask for your help.....she went on to ask for $3,000.....and I kindly responded that surely there had to be someone closer to her than me considering I hadnt seen her in 15 years haha. Anyways she said no, her family wont help even though theyre well off, and I told her to get a CC or a bank loan and that $3K was nominal.....anyways she wished me well and said any amount I could help with would suffice

So I tell my gf, she says its a scam and had I said yes I was probably going to be told to western union money somewhere and I should call.....I call and the girl answers and tells me she's at the movies and needed to blow off some steam from all the stress and I was like," WTF I thought you were broke, I was calling to say I'd help with a few hundred"

I didn't end up giving her money and I felt like a total ass, but should I? I mean she's not a crackhead or anything, she had an honest job as a paralegal and hasn't found work and unemployment hadn't kicked in she said but I literally do not know this girl today and she kept reminding me how we grew up together. It was just so so weird, WTF who does that!!! Was I wrong for not helping her even a little......btw that bbs thread from a few months back was what made me skeptical

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Forget dat ho.

Besides you have a gf, no need to worry bout other chicks. 3 grand is a deal breaker.

just my take...

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't give her any money, you're not responsible for her. I also think it's a scam.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

She's entitled to at least THREE grand. You're going on summer trips and having fun. Make no mistake.........you OWE it to this young lady.

6. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I don't know how you live with yourself

7. Dei

Dei Member

$3000? I'd expect an all-nighter - at least.

8. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Why was this even a question to you?

Man card revoked.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Post pictures of the girl. Evaluate what sexual favors are possible for 3 grand. Profit.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Pictures will help us make up your mind how many sexual favors she owes you for 3k. If she's not down for the favors tell her to hit up the street corner with that ****.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Some propel like their cucumbers pickled.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

another "common sense" thread

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Seriously man?

Your gf should be ticked off at you for even considering to give that chick money.

You should be ticked off at yourself for even considering it.

NO you weren't wrong. SMH

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

By the way, is the girl from Nigeria?

DEAR MR. EDDIEWINSLOW,

URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

I AM MARIAM ABACHA, WIDOW OF THE LATE NIGERIAN HEAD OF STATE, GEN. SANI ABACHA. AFTER HE DEATH OF MY HUSBAND WHO DIED MYSTERIOUSLY AS A RESULT OF CARDIAC ARREST, I WAS INFORMED BY OUR LAWYER, BELLO GAMBARI THAT, MY HUSBAND WHO AT THAT TIME WAS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, CALLED HIM AND CONDUCTED HIM ROUND HIS APARTMENT AND SHOWED HIM FOUR METAL BOXES CONTAINING MONEY ALL IN FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND HE EQUALLY MADE HIM BELIEVE THAT THOSE BOXES ARE FOR ONWARD TRANSFER TO HIS OVERSEAS COUNTERPART FOR PERSONAL INVESTMENT.

ALONG THE LINE, MY HUSBAND DIED AND SINCE THEN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN AFTER US, MOLESTING, POLICING AND FREEZING OUR BANK ACCOUNTS AND EVEN MY ELDEST SON RIGHT NOW IS IN DETENTION. MY FAMILY ACCOUNT IN SWITZERLAND WORTH US$22,000,000.00 AND 120,000,000.00 DUTCH MARK HAS BEEN CONFISCATED BY THE GOVERNMENT. THE GOVERNMENT IS INTERROGATING HIM (MY SON MOHAMMED) ABOUT OUR ASSET AND SOME VITAL DOCUMENTS. IT WAS IN THE COURSE OF THESE, AFTER THE BURIAL RITE AND CUSTOMS, THAT OUR LAWYER SAW YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FROM THE PUBLICATION OF THE NIGERIAN BUSINESS PROMOTION AGENCY. THIS IS WHY I AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SOLICIT FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION AND ASSISTANCE TO HELP ME AS A VERY SINCERE RESPONSIBLE PERSON. I HAVE ALL THE TRUST IN YOU AND I KNOW THAT YOU WILL NOT SIT ON THIS MONEY.

I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN CARRYING THE FOUR METAL BOXES OUT OF THE COUNTRY, WITH THE AID OF SOME TOP GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL, WHO STILL SHOW SYMPATHY TO MY FAMILY, TO A NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY (ACCRA-GHANA) TO BE PRECISE. I PRAY YOU WOULD HELP US IN GETTING THIS MONEY TRANSFERRED OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY. EACH OF THESE METAL BOXES CONTAINS US$5,000,000.00 (FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY) AND TOGETHER THESE FOUR BOXES CONTAIN US20,000,000.00(TWENTY MILLION UNITED STATESDOLLARS ONLY). THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT WE HAVE MOVED TO GHANA.

THEREFORE, I NEED AN URGENT HELP FROM YOU AS A MAN OF GOD TO HELP GET THIS MONEY IN ACCRA GHANA TO YOUR COUNTRY. THIS MONEY, AFTER GETTING TO YOUR COUNTRY, WOULD BE SHARED ACCORDING TO THE PERCENTAGE AGREED BY BOTH OF US.PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MATTER IS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL AS THE GOVERNMENT WHICH MY LATE HUSBAND WAS PART OF IS STILL UNDER SURVAILLANCE TO PROBE US.

YOU CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH MY FAMILY LAWYER AS INDICATED ABOVE AND ALSO TO LIAISE WITH HIM TOWARDS THE EFFECTIVE COMPLETION OF THIS TRANSACTION ON TEL/FAX N0:xxx-x-xxxxxxx AS HE HAS THE MANDATE OF THE FAMILY TO HANDLE THIS TRANSACTION.

THANKS AND BEST REGARD

MRS. MARIAM ABACHA

1 person likes this.
  16. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Giving them money isn't going to help her out. She's just going to live off it, may pay you back 15-20%, then ignore you/make excuses while she finds other people to give her money. You're right to suspect her scamming intentions after she said she was watching a movie. SMH. Trust me, you're not helping her out by giving her even a few hundred bucks.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My brother had a friend who was married milking money from his wife as he had no real job but a weak security system sales type job where you earn based on what you sell...which he didn't keep because he quit basically. Then, without her permission, he went out and bought/financed a new car expecting his wife to make payments on it. She then divorced him. He actually claimed he worked for that car his whole life but wasn't even paying for it then. So, then he's stuck with a nice car with a $400 payment and no good income except from odd jobs (not enough to live on really). He won't give up the car. But, he uses his whole "down on life" no-high-school-diploma can't-get-a-decent-job with lies to try to milk money from my brother.

Well, initially, bro helped him out some as they were friends and guy was even threatening suicide crying in phone calls and stuff. Later, guy came back with sob story "they are going to re-possess my car" and "this is the end". Bro gives him a small loan with agreement he would be paid back $100 a month. No money...not one dime. Several months have passed and not one word from the guy except another sob email about "this is it...they are taking my car". Friend is no friend at all and bro cut him off. This guy used to come up to visit my bro for a few days at a time, my bro would treat him to dinners, he would eat all the food in the fridge, and lounge on vacation (from no job) surfing Internet while my bro worked from home.

And, my brother is a great friend to have because he is a really nice guy. The best friend this guy ever had. Now, this other guy basically has no friends and lives with his own brother...whom he forced himself on to live there because he can't afford to live on his own and would be homeless otherwise. Guy has no prospects for any solid job for the future...at all. He works dead end jobs that brings in chump change. And, on top of all his bills and the car he wouldn't bite the bullet on and get rid of, he owes tons in child support.

And, the kicker is he spends most of his day not looking for a decent job...but on Facebook bragging about how great his life is and how he's "living the life". One of the reasons I hate Facebook.

Cool story, bro.

#17 Surfguy, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You need to call your insurance agent, stat!

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Correct. After all, you've known her since you were five. Jesus man, you went through fifth grade together! You owe her.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't do it.

Also... still no pics?

Ban OP