1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals - Heat vs Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 26, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed May 29, 2012.
  1. Heat in 4

5.3%
  2. Heat in 5

27.6%
  3. Heat in 6

27.6%
  4. Heat in 7

7.9%
  5. Celtics in 4

0.7%
  6. Celtics in 5

2.0%
  7. Celtics in 6

16.4%
  8. Celtics in 7

12.5%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well, I would consider it a clutch "game" since it was an elimination game on the road.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>LeBron James 45 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists. Boston's Big Three: 31 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists.</p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/210942123032313856" data-datetime="2012-06-08T03:51:35+00:00">June 8, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Are you serious?

The players LOVE the fans. They wanted EVERYBODY to be at TD Garden tonight and that's what they got. They love the energy and the support the fans give them each and every game wether win or loss.

4. Mr. Space City

wade has got to step the **** up.

dude is playing like ass, then again he played like trash in the ECF last year.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Spolestra was so happy at the post game interview that his job was saved.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He stepped up in the clutch last year v. the Bulls to hold them off.

He's not doing that this year. It's cool if you suck for 2-3 quarters b/c Bron can carry the load. But at least be Superman in the 4th and win the game.

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

what a poor show by the Cs, i think they will rebound next game, but still lebron >>> PP + KG + RA

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That happens in cities other than Boston. They don't have a monopoly on sorry fans.

There were also diehards chanting for the Celtics at the end of the game.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

This pissed me off, Jesus Christ people can we act with class.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, but he put them there so he deserves his props for a monster game in a do or die elimination game.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What do you expect from LeBron in game 7? Another Superman performance or a letdown?

I don't think the post defined him tonight. It was the tough jumpers. Almost like a video game.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

James looked locked in. For the first time I have seen him as determinated as he was

13. t_mac1

I expect another great game. He's been great "all" playoffs; this is one of the best "individual" playoff runs I've witnessed within the past 5-7 years. The only "non-impactful" game was game 3 v. Indy where his team was never into it.

Yes, they were tough jumpers, but he only had to take a few dribbles before getting off his shot. He didn't have to "expend" a ton of energy to create his shot or generate offense. It was get the ball, dribble one or two time and rise up. That's much easier than running the pick and roll where he has to penetrate and exert a lot of energy.

I think Boston will show a lot of fight in game 7, esp. Rondo. Had Lebron not been unconscious tonight in the first half, Boston might have stayed much closer and possibly taken over in the 2nd half (Rondo at 19 points at the half on 7-10 shooting).

Ultimately, if Miami wins, they gotta win with defense. They came into this series with a top 2 defense, and the best defense remaining. But they have allowed Boston to score with absolute ease for long spurts in this series, which is unacceptable. Their defense was a little bit better tonight, but Boston also missed some gimmes, but at least those gimmes were 3s; they cut down on the paint baskets. Hopefully, we will see Miami's D on display on Saturday, where they can lay claim to "best defense in the league" status.

Miami hasn't played its best game yet, or even close to it. Its best game was game 5 v. Indy. Hopefully, Miami can duplicate an effort close to that.

I don't think he had played any different all playoffs. His jumpshots just went in. When you are that "unconscious," it's easy to say a guy is "locked" in. He's been locked in all playoffs on both ends. Tonight, he played with the same type of all-out energy. You just can't expect a guy to make 19-26 every game, and he won't next game.

Win or lose this playoffs, this guy has proven he's by far the best player in the league. The things he has to do for the Heat on a nightly basis is not something any other player can come close to doing on BOTH ends.

But they won tonight by holding Boston to below 80 points, just as much as Lebron's 45 points. Boston tried to make a run, but never did b/c they couldn't make buckets to sustain any type of run. Miami's identity is defense.

After tonight's game, this is his statline for the playoffs:
    31ppg, 10rpg, 5apg, 2spg, 51%fg. That's simply superhuman stuff right there (you're talking about adjusting for the pace in the Eastern Conference here).

#1773 t_mac1, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  14. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

True, his jumpers were unreal. The thing is, I don't think he'll need this type of performance in Game 7 with HCA to win again. Todays' game was as blow out. The Celtics really need to get it together to have a chance.

15. sbyang

sbyang Member

Celtics played like crap tonight. They had wide open shots and just couldn't hit anything. Their one effective offensive player (Rondo) was turning it over. I'm expecting a much better effort from the Celtics in game 7. Should be a hard fought game.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

For a big fat choker - LeBron kind of has a substantial amount of 40+ point playoff games.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The reason LeBron didn't have to expend so much energy is because his jumper kept going in and he was able to settle most of the time instead of dribbling around looking for an opening. If he reverts to form, it's back to the same old grind. I doubt the Celts will let him post up with great position so easily.

Can't wait. Lots and lots of pressure and I don't have strong feelings about who wins. Would prefer the Celts.

18. t_mac1

And he can make those jumpers. He's been one of the better jumpshooting perimeter scorers in this league the past 2 years. I think with the way the Celtics are defending him and Wade, you gotta be confident and take those jumpshots. Wade is hesitant b/c he's so bad at it so far this year. But Lebron should be taking those shots. He's too skilled to let a defense dictate how he should play. He cooled off in the 2nd half, but he still took the jumpers with confidence. As long as he mixes it up his spots on where he takes those shots (low post, midpost, face up jumper at the elbow or top of the key, drives...) to keep the defense guessing and honest, he'll be much more efficient, which he already is. And PLEASE MAKE FTS. Dude is ridiculously bad at FTs so far in this series it's embarrassing.

Obviously, you would prefer the Celts. OKC would steamroll through them with ease ;)

However, I'm glad to have Saturday off from work to be able to watch this game from beginning to end. Haven't been able to do that for most of the playoffs, which sucks. It's going to be fun. Hopefully both team brings it and it'll be a hard-fought game.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

It's been put to rest. The heat may not win it all this year but the Lebron hate is over.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

People lose their mind when it comes to Lebron bro, just take a look around here.