1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonathan Feigen on SR610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

There is nothing to answer, really. The Dwight Howard story spells out clearly when I first heard the talk, then wrote the story when I could confirm for sure. I did not know how serious the talks were before the deadline passed and then hold off on saying anything to protect the Rockets. Seriously?

There is a huge difference between hearing buzz and not reporting it until you can find out for sure, and what DaDakota said -- holding information to protect your own media credentials.

He's being coy, but he knows this isn't the first time he's made these claims... far worse when he thinks I'm not seeing the comments. Clutch is a shill, ClutchFans doesn't allow negativity about the team (lol... try telling that one to the team), etc. I mean damn... he tried to direct message this to BimaThug not that long ago and ended up posting this publicly.

That's douchebaggery, which brings up a good example: DaDakota is a douchebag. I've suspected that for years but I just waited to announce that until now, when he confirmed it. See the difference?

The point was DaDakota said Feigen (and myself) sit on info or we lose media credentials, using this Lowry-McHale feud as an example. I showed where I posted it 6 weeks ago, and his reply to it. I'm sure I could dig up Feigen (who broke the story with these quotes) talking about it in the past also. It was an idiotic claim.

2 people like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

[ ] NOT TOLD

[ ] TOLD

[ ] TIC TAC TOLD

[X] BATTLETOLDS

[ ] KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC

2 people like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am not being coy at all, and I assume you see all the comments, I am certain that a legion of folks will run screaming to you "teacher, teacher, DD's chewing gum"......

As for negativity - that is silly, of course you allow negativity. I hope I did not imply that.

Regarding Bima - The guy ran from an argument, then refused to come back to the board and make a one sentence reply that I did not run him off, knowing full well that he tossed me under the bus and the ramifications that would have.

He is not stupid, and neither am I, so let's not act like the meaning was missed on that, ok?

Awesome, someone disagrees with you and makes a general comment about the press and you call them a douche, or at least you confirmed I am a douche.

Of course, I am not the guy who heavy handidly took away posting privlidges, rep, editing abilities, and participated in tons of meme making stuff that made fun of me PERSONALLY, now am I?

I am sure you would be fine if the tables were turned.

Yes, I do think that the Rockets would yank media credentials if the press leaked stuff they felt was harmful to their organization.

You obviously disagree with that.

Ok.

DD

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Speaking of "taking away media credentials":

Have the Rockets gotten around to taking away the media credential of Jerome Solomon and Bill Ingram yet?

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I thought of that too, and maybe I am wrong about this.

Solomon they won't take away any media credentials, he is backed by the Chronicle and they need the coverage.

Bill, however is an interesting case - if he still has his, then perhaps I am way off base.

DD

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Given that Feigen also works from the Chronicle and "they need the coverage," are you saying they would not take away his credential just like they would not with Solomon? Are you saying Feigen would not have to operate under this supposed "taking away credentials" fear?

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think the biggest thing the Chronicle people would have to fear is their sources not talking to them, same with any bloggers like Clutch.

But, I think the Rockets would be more harsh with internet sites over the mainstream press, IMO.

DD

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I always think of that "season 2 of the Wire" quote when I think of Morey's relationship with PoopsWorld boy.

I also love that in his most recent article where he states that "other players within the Rockets organization are not happy with McHale" with ZERO quotes from actual players in the article. Its always "A source within the Pacer's organization told me that Morey calls almost daily about Danny Grainger".... well thanks for the enlightenment. Any dumba#$ on this board knows that Grainger has probably been a target of the Rockets in the past at some point.

With Solomon I dont think they really take him seriously anyways. They have to know that in the past he has just tried to stir controversy and being the enemy in order to get hits on his chronicle webpage.

Long story short- there is alot of people that pretend to know what the hell is going on behind closed doors in the Rockets organization, but the ones that act like they know the most typically know the least and end up looking like jerks because of it.

Feigan has always been great about uncovering trade targets, draft targets, and the occasional drama when he can. Just because he gives you the most doesn't mean that he assumingly knows everything and is covering up for the Rockets.

As far as Clutch goes, I would love to see Clutchfans get more and more access to the org. and the players coming up in the future. If that means only reporting 100% accurate information, Clutch reporting with integrity while not spreading unneccesary rumors, and keeping the relationship as friendly as possible then so be it. Acting like Bill Ingram or Solomon wont get the fans any closer to actually getting real access to what the fans really want.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ditto !

DD

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

This is where I lol'd in real life. Too funny.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

By the way, I am in no way saying that Clutch is anywhere near Bill Ingram or Solomon. The Complete opposite. I think he does a great job of separating fact vs. pure fun speculation. Just dont want that to get taken the wrong way.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No, you're not that guy. You're the douchebag. Let's be clear on the roles.

And sometimes taking away thread-starting abilities and creating a meme image are a necessary evil to hammer home a point, lest you seesaw all over the board again.

[​IMG]

In my opinion, as much as you've done (and we both know you're not telling the truth), you're lucky to be posting here. Oh, I forgot -- I don't kick you because you make me soooo much "mad cash." I always get your contradicting opinion-facts mixed up.

4 people like this.
  14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER TO BE OUT OF POPCORN!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I like DD's passion for the Rockets, but had to put him on ignore lately once all the conspiracy theories started.

It was just too much.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Man......

I don't know what happened between you two but I really wished you both would bury it. It takes away from the quality of this board.

2 people like this.
  17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

bigtexxx is about to neg rep Clutch.

18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Member

Shots fired!!!

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Sorry, but this is false equivalence.

20. BMoney

BMoney Member

"Perhaps?!" You talk out of your ass constantly. It's embarrassing.