1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice League vs. The Avengers vs. X-Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, May 28, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who would win?

1. Justice League

50 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. The Avengers

23 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. X-Men

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I too prefer Marvel historically, but you just everything put out by DC is boring, and then listed 5 characters and said all but one were good. Does not compute.

Thor and Hulk are the only two would live past the first 3 seconds in a battle with the JLA. Then your problem is Superman can move way too fast. He can't physically out punch Hulk, but he could easily move him off the planet and drop him in the sun. Thor could put a hurting on guys, but he couldn't put a hurting on all of them. One on one battles Thor and Hulk could take out most of the JLA roster. In a team environment they are overwhelmed.

Flash is nothing like Quicksilver and is considered by many people to be the single most powerful non-God character in comics. Quicksilver is a mutant who runs fast. Flash is a human who controls the speed force. It's way more powerful than you realize. He's a gamechanger and people don't realize it.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Reading these arguments makes it very clear to me why I don't read DC comics. They're ****ing stupid. Every single argument I've read here basically points out that every DC character except Batman is omnipotent. "Oh yeah...the Flash moves so fast that he's basically doesn't exist! Pick a power...any power...oh yeah Superman totally has that". Yet every single character in the universe is too stupid to figure out that Clark Kent is Superman wearing glasses. Impressive.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm tired of hearing this "Superman drops Hulk into the Sun" argument. You ripped that straight off one of the DC writers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing Superman just picking up Doomsday and dropping him off in the Sun. Hulk would decimate this dude.

4. justtxyank

I haven't ripped it off of any writer because I haven't read this statement by a writer. I simply used logic. And yes, you are right. Let's clarify this entire argument by first saying that it depends entirely on who writes the comic and what they decide to do with the powers.

Example: If the writer wanted to make Wolverine relevant he could have Batman and Wolverine fight in some stupid battle where Batman has learned some secret to slow Wolverine down with some mystical Japanese gas. Perhaps this writer would want to show an all out slugfest so we get to see Superman just stand and punch with Hulk despite the fact that he can move at lightspeed.

Let me clear, I am not a DC fanboy. I agree with your post that DC comics are hard to deal with as a reader because of the extreme overpowering of their characters.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

dropping stuff in the sun? I think Superman has learned not to do this

[​IMG]

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

What I have learned from this discussion is that there is a superhero named Martian Manhunter, which has to be the stupidest name for a superhero I have heard in a long time. Whatever team he is on might win, what with the others all laughing at how stupid he is. I bet his costume is stupider than the rest, also.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

One of the DC writers used Superman dropping Hulk into the sun when there was a debate between him / Stan Lee as to who was more powerful (verbatim). I believe you of course. It's like you said the characters are just so ridiculous.

Iceman is an omega level mutant who can control temperatures at a molecular level, and he somehow is completely inferior to even the most minor DC characters. (If you believe arguments)

So how fast can the Flash move if every single molecule of water in his body is frozen? Probably not very fast.

#47 seclusion, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  8. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DUDE. Why would I want a superhero with one leg smaller than the other leg?!?!?!? :(

10. justtxyank

Yeah, I didn't read this debate, but it follows with the DC logic. Guys like Silver Surfer in Marvel would be members of the JLA in DC.

I mean seriously think for a moment about who these characters are. Guys like Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter would be battling Thanos in Marvel lol.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think this is where DC fails.
    The Speed Force. THE SPEED FORCE??!?!?!?!

So I checked the WIKI on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Force

Look at this isht?!?!?!??!

Evidently it matters WHICH UNIVERSE IT HAPPENS IN.

How do they hit lightspeed inside an atmosphere . . without burning up :D

Rocket River
    I see more and more why I was so put off by DC

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Rofl I love this part. So...when he was in a universe that isn't incredibly stupid...he wasn't even as fast as Quicksilver?

I'd love to hear the DC/Marvel writers discussing this one.

DC: Well...Flash would pretty much round up every item before Quicksilver could even move. I mean...Speedforce bro, Speedforce.
    Marvel: Yeah, about that...

13. justtxyank

Haha.

Like I said, the DC universe is crazy. It's so overpowered and ridiculous. Yet DC writers and fanboys still manage to create this stupid idea that Batman could take out everyone because he's smart. LOL

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I laugh at anyone who says Batman could beat any other superhero. They always go to that same argument "well he has infinite resources...and he's a detective genius! ". Yeah...okay... 1 punch from Hulk, Superman, Spiderman, the Speed Force (...sorry I meant Flash), or basically anyone would wipe him.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You sound mad bro. I'm sure Batman has gained the respect and sometimes fear of heros as powerful as those in the JLA because he looks cool. No **** he couldn't take a punch from Hulk, that's probably why he puts himself in situations where he doesn't have to beat a stronger guy up to win. You know, DC is able to write a story where the winner doesn't have to pummel the other to succeed. Come over to the other side bro, you might like it. #winner #towerofbable

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You had me at "you sound mad bro". So Batman would drop Hulk into the sun, got it.

#56 seclusion, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Batman could beat everyone in Justice League. And yet he still struggles with the Joker. Anything is possible depending on the writer and storyline.

Taking an inventory of assets and liabilities, I'd have to give it to the everyone-is-overpowered-with-few-weaknesses-except-Batman team.

Unless Jean is the Phoenix. Then the X-Men go from weakest to strongest.

You sound mad bro.

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I can kill The Flash with a tiny grain of sand. Let see him run right into that. Shiat, the guy might just die if he run right into a mosquito.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

And that's his great weakness- the irrational and chaotic, which he can't predict. Hulk smash. Next.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

At least we can all agree that DC animation is better than Marvel animation