1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No it doesnt. Its the same as it was like Carmelo's was and like Dwight Howards is. So we got some good pieces coming back or a disgruntled star who has to stay and play out his contract.

2. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

Lowry was my favorite Rocket at one time, but his behavior made him fall out of favor. The way I look at it, these guys are all pretty darn good ballplayers with strengths and weaknesses in their game, but if their head is not screwed on straight, we are probably better off with him playing elsewhere. Let's just hope we can at least get an asset of like value and perhaps improve the team.

Feuding with the coach and taking it public? If you've reached a near Michael Jordan level, maybe, otherwise it is just not smart. You need talented players to win, but you can't dismiss attitude completely.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I can see the conversation now:

Management: "Goran we realize you are a UFA, so we have traded Lowry and you will be the starting point guard on the Rockets next year. You can test the market but we will offer you $XX million over the next 4 years and will beat any offer you get."

Dragic: "I think I have found a home."

I don't see how signing Dragic is an issue if the Rockets feel it has to be done. The only question is how big the $XX is.

4. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Did you really have to copy and paste your comments from the chronicle to here without changing a word acbasurto?

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Why would you worry about it? Why would you even have to time to look and then try to say it?

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Who cares what we think. I'm sure the guys who work for nba teams already know this.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Do you want something different than last year or not? I see so many people afraid of Lowry change and yet he asks for it. Its time to move on from this team who has went nowhere. Lowry gave you an easy out. Its the signal he is gonna play bad and hurt his stock even worse next year if he doesnt get his way. Either way if we lose Dragic or not Lowry probably has to be moved now.

8. conquistador#11

lowry is such a ham..lalalala. =)

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So it's CF's fault that Lowry is pissed at the Rockets? Wow, I didn't know we had that much power. :eek:

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I usually defend Morey and McHale but they brought this on themselves.

It is the Aaron Brooks situation all over again, but this time it is taking place in the off season. Lowry pretty much forced the Rockets hand at this point, hopefully, Lowry, Martin and whoever or whatever else can get us a decent player. But we will definitely need to use one of our draft picks on a PG or a PF/C at this point.

I like Dragic, but I would have preferred to keep Lowry, this situation pollutes that scenario and seemingly over some dumb stuff.

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Don't really care. I just found it funny you meant it so much you copied it in two different forums. If you read the chronicle, Hard not to notice it when there is a word for word copy here.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You are reading too much into it. I felt no need to change my response for two different articles. You likely just felt the need to discredit me with that post over something I posted. Which I do not appreciate when other posters do that. Because its not a nice thing to do. So thats how I respond to others when they try to do that.

13. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Anyone think Kyle did this to lower his value so that he would screw us over come trade day? Obviously he has a bitter taste in his mouth, he knew he was going to get traded as we were obviously promoting to keep Goran. Only way i can see us keeping lowry is if goran leaves and we let go of Mchale because we have no other option.

Its apparent its more a coaching problem than a player problem

1 person likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course it has something to do with him and Dragic both wanting to be starter. But that's not the article's main point. The point is that he's pissed with the coaching staff. Why is everybody focusing on Lowry and Dragic when it's Lowry and McHale?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not that easy. In that article Hsf posted earlier, it stated that there were other players who had problems with Mchale's rotation.
    Kyle as the captain just spoke out.
    More problems are ahead

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I doubt he's trying to screw his trade value any more than he was trying to screw he trade value when he threw a basketball at that ref in Vegas. It's just how he feels.

As for it being a coaching problem, there are plenty of guys who worked with McHale without issues both on this Rockets team and on the Wolves teams he coached. It's not that unusual for coaches (or management) and players to have spats. Look at DWade and Spoelstra, SVG and Dwight, Shaq and everyone who ever coached him. And it's not just star players, either. Everyone from Raja Bell and Spanoulis to Stephen Jackson have had issues with coaching and management. People have opinions about their co-workers and bosses in every industry.

17. conquistador#11

what's funny is maury spinning it as both mctalky and lowry being winners. Lame attempt at damage control. What we have here is assets and fuhrer loyalists revolting against Mauryball. Dammit M, you can treat them like assets just don't be so upfront about it.

I wonder who the other disgruntled players that are not down with mctalky are ? Martin, Scola, Lee, Lowry, Dalembert, Camby even(questioning why he wasn't in during the 4th)? Geez that's like the entire team.

What I would do is give mctalky the position of internal affairs and let chris finch do the actual coaching. I miss players cutting to the basket without the ball.
    all that said, I became to accept mctalky as one of us. I feel like he will be able to make adjustments as he gets more experience.

18. David Stern

David Stern Member

Someone post the chopped baby pics on Lowry's twitter:p

**** that ham

19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Hello Portland.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I swear I was thinking the same thing. I'm saying to myself, "You couldn't wait a bit before spewing your dislike of the coach and the situation here?"