1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

There are several players who fit that descriptions and their teams are at best first round fodders.

Actually, I didn't contradict myself, because when I said superstars ... I mean Kobe, LeBron, Durant, or Howard level. There's realistically only about 8 to 10 players who fit into that category. Most likely, we aren't going to get our hands on such a player unless a deal comes up or we draft someone who turns out to be a stud.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with that, and that's not very hard. Jones won't be as polished as Parsons, but he might show a higher ceiling in certain areas. In his career, he probably skip around from SF to PF, sort of like Lamar Odom or Toni Kukoc. On the right team, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Would you consider Rudy Gay or Monta Ellis a superstar? Really good players, but they wouldn't get us to the Finals by themselves. That what I meant by a superstar, and lesser star who create off the dribble.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I agree with you Max, he can believe it all he wants, doesn't make it true.

:)

DD

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Some specifics are:

1: Atlanta has $61 million dollars committed in 2012 - 2013 for just 6 players.

2: Smith has publicly stated that he wants out of Atlanta. He is an UFA in the summer of 2013.

3: Smith has publicly stated that Houston would be an acceptable location.

4: Houston has a number of cheap young assets; PPat, Morris, the 14th and 16th picks in 2012, Dallas's highly protected first round pick, and Llull.

5: Smith was an EC all star last season, 4th in the vote among PF's for all NBA defensive team of the year, and had the 29th highest PER last season at 21.14.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Can't fault Kyle for being realistic about the situation, but I'm surprised to hear about such a rift between him and McHale. Figures though, since he was brought up under Adleman.

I wish Kyle hadn't gone public with his displeasure, but that's water under the bridge now. I don't think it means Kyle is for sure gone (I'm suddenly terrified of a scenario where we lose them both), but it sounds like he would prefer to be moved, so he's basically made the decision easier for us.

Hopefully we can get Goran under contract ASAP (dream scenario would be before the draft), because we don't want to have to be in a hurry to put together a trade.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Interesting sig!

8. izeroi

izeroi Member

I have no problem with trading him and resigning Dragic.

Then again I've never been real big on mchale as a coach.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Funny that I mentioned Ellis, we could get a player, like Ellis without getting a draft pick or giving up barely valuable players.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

JVG, can I get your thoughts on the situation?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he says anything you can be certain that his number 1 fan VanGundier will remove his lips from his buttocks long enough to post it here.

DD

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would gladly accommodate Lowry if we can A) Resign Dragic B) Trade Lowry/Scola for Gasol.

Then bring Montiejunas this summer and try to throw in some of our picks/players in a Howard trade.

Instant contender. (Man can dream, right? Speaking of dreaming, with Howard in the fold DWill would be happy to come right? :p)

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's the tricky situation.Unless a monster deal comes up, the Rockets really cannot trade Lowry until they are settled with Dragic.

Given the desperation of some NBA teams, you do not know how much some teams will throw at him. Portland, Toronto, and Phoenix as the main teams.

There are few teams lurking with cash to spend like New Orleans, Indiana, Sacramento, and yes the Boston Celtics (if by chance they trade Rondo for another impact player).

What bolds in Houston favor is sentimental value for Dragic. If he really likes the city and team, he'll stay, but again if a team offers $3 - $6 million more he's probably gone.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Honestly with Lowry and Scola, it doesn't necessarily have to be Gasol, who may not even be on the table or available. Any deal that comes up, even for draft picks I wouldn't rule out, if he wants to leave.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...kevin-mchale-as-coach-why-not-he-already-has/

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

josh smith could be good on the rockets just as long as he don't shoot jumpers and concentrate soley on defense and transition buckets.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Hoping for alot there.

18. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I love Lowry. I will miss him

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is all pretty straight forward as I see it.

Kyle was about to be dealt to LA before getting sick.

Goran has shown himself to be the man the Rockets thought he was.

Kyle is still getting dealt and is predictably pitching a fit.

Lurch is a much better coach than some of you believe. That fade at the end of the season was no accident. He is a teacher and motivator who is instilling a culture......and he knows how to win.

Morey will move on Howard with Gasol in the mix......following Les's wishes.....

Despite Les's refusal to play ball, there remains the possibility of a massive rebuild via the deepest draft in 15 years.

While in some cases, the value of our assets have diminished, we remain positioned to make hay if this is played right.

We are fortunate to have Daryl and Kevin.

#219 Plowman, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  20. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lowry+Scola for Gasol??? I would do it with a heartbeat...