1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Does anybody have an idea why and when they clashed? The offense went through him a lot more this year, he was allowed to take shots late in games, he was in at the end of games, played a lot of minutes and almost made the All-Star game.

It likes look it all started when he went down and wanted to play again but McHale wanted to wait and Dragic stayed a starter. There was the one obvious huddle incident and I'm not sure what part of the season Scola said some things referring to the whining and pointing fingers which many ppl thought was about Lowry.

Lowry was appointed to be more of a leader so maybe McHale held him to higher standards in terms of things other then playing.

I had hoped they could work things out but this is AB all over again and very sad, because now that it's out there, people are going to wonder what is going with McHale and the Rockets. Every good to great, near All-Stars and break out players is unhappy at some point with the coaches and or organisation: T-mac, AB, Martin and now Lowry.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats what i'm saying. Lowry, K-Mart and sweeten the deal with either Bud or Morris plus the dallas future pick. We would probably have to take back Matthews and/or Crawford.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sucks catching the ass-end of the convo.;)

4. allanivan

allanivan Member

Man, I really hope D-morey is working on this right now. Imagine having Harrison Barnes or Bradly Beals(6), Perry Jones(11), Terrence Ross, Jeremy Lamb, or Austin Rivers(14), and Quincy Miller, or Lenard (16). Damn, our team will be so fun to watch...:):):) The draft day cannot come any sooner.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This sucks because it

1) forces us to pay Dragic more
    2) forces us to pay Llull more
    3) lowers Lowry's trade value when teams know we basically HAVE to trade him.

It's also very unprofessional to make statements like that to the media.

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This is a big F***You to the fans of Houston for handling this so piss poorly and for obvious reasons.

Thanks for nothing Kyle.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah.... FIFY

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope we can get more than Kelvin Cato and Walt Williams for him

9. thekad

thekad Member

The McHale hire continues to pay off.

Thanks Morey!

10. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Not trying to get on anybody's bad side, but it's kinda funny how earlier this season Lowry was being compared to Deron Williams on this board. Now everyone here wants him shipped. For Gasol even. Hilarious.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You can't build around Lee at all. He had a fair chance last year and he more than proved he is a bench player at best.

12. allanivan

allanivan Member

I think people on this Board are more unhappy about Lowry's attitude and the way he unveil this whole thing to the public. Logically, compare Lowry to Dragic, Dragic is clearly the way to go and the team is able to gain more talents by trading Lowry. I don't think anyone on this board actually hate him that much. It is just his physical condition on the court, and his complaining to the refs all the time on the court like a baby.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

In a way, since morey is so open about the availibility of his players,the players are open about how they feel they're treated. As bad as he was at times,how many times did we see this when dawson was the gm? Even when they almost traded dream to toronto the 1st time,we didn't find out about it till later and they just pushed on. All of the mega deals and small deals were done quietly and behind the closed doors. Horry was traded then sent back and that was the end of that until he was traded for barkley. There is a proper way of handling players and right now,morey isn't doing a good job of it.

In terms of lowry in general, his weight continues to be an issue. As well as he played last yr, it was easy to see how his quickness was downgraded. He can't get to the rim and he sticks to screens. I've watched him numerous times flop for a non call and complain while the other team was running down the court. It seems like he was whining more than just playing. As an old school coach,this probably got under mchales skin. Then he gets hurt,his backup plays very well,and now he's looking at the same movie he just starred in. In the end,I think he will be the rockets pg this yr because someone will pay dragic more than the rockets. More hasn't had a unrestricted fa ye. We've seen him severly underbid on gortat,so dragic is a no brainer to be gone to me.

1 person likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What an idiot, hate it when players go public with their chicken fights.

1 person likes this.
  15. allanivan

allanivan Member

well, the first part you were talking about has a lot to do from Social Media (twitter) these days. Nothing can be hide easily no more. However, I do agree with you that the part Morey did wrong by calling players "Assets" and that's not really cool.

The second part about resign Dragic, I have to say that the situation is different from Gortat situation. Morey is a cheap GM, but in order to keep the franchise going forward, he needs to spend more this time and Dragic is worth it.

16. allanivan

allanivan Member

yes, and it is officially on ESPN website and I expect a lot of blame toward his way tomorrow.:mad:

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trevor Ariza signed with the Rockets as an unresticted FA. The same summer, Ron Artest was an unrestricted FA and the Rockets decided to let him go. Brad Miller also signed as an unrestricted FA. This past summer, Samuel Dalembert signed with the Rockets as an unrestricted FA.

Scola was restricted, but he was getting offers from Europe, for which the Rockets have no matching right. The Rockets made an offer to Scola and signed him back rather than waited to match (like they did with Lowry and Landry).

The "Morey wouldn't pay guys" thing is contrary to evidence.

#137 Carl Herrera, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

He is damn right. I'd do the same if I we're him.

Lowering his trade value because no team probably wants to give Morey what he's trying to get for him.

Lowry>Dragic.

I love Dragic but people have overhyped him way too much.

19. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Lowry has an attitude problem,always has. He needs a spanking.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So many personas in these two sentences. Shizophrenic?