1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Member Manny Ramirez is in the hospital after a car accident

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, May 17, 2012.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks again to all who have posted in wishing me good vibes and prayers. It means so much to me. Greatly appreciate the donations and if you want to send to me using something other than paypal, email me at manny_ramirez73@yahoo.com and I'll respond.

I am getting better and I'll definitely give a detailed account of my accident but that may not be for awhile (definitely not while I can type only with 1 hand). Just know this - my accident was caused by speeding and trying to call someone on my cell. If there is EVER one thing I want people to take from this is do NOT use your cell while driving. It. Is. Not. Worth. It....

SwoLy,

I'm sure you had good intentions but the problem is we have NEVER had any cordial times, whether on the board or off and not before my accident. Add to the fact that I have NEVER found that type of humour funny. People who have been here a long time know what I am saying is true. If this accident had happened to someone else other than me and I saw a SwoLy post like that, u better believe I would say something. You believe it is funny - I believe it is inappropriate. Agree to disagree and move on - defending it just makes it look worse. Learn to cut your losses and move on.

#261 Manny Ramirez, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Manny Ramirez

This post needs to be deleted. Probably the main reason why I wanted you banned, to be honest with you.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im glad that you're OK Manny! Keep doing the rehab therapy.

4. Kim

Kim Member

Good to know you made it out okay. Hopefully you got to see some hot nurses at the hospital.

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

Wow Manny, glad you are OK, but you could have hurt or killed someone innocent on the road. What you did is no better than drinking and driving. Very careless.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm sure he isn't painfully aware of that now and didn't even mention that directly after the line you quoted.

Glad you're not dead, buddy. Get better soon. :)

7. Blake

Blake Member

Glad you are okay, Manny. Swoly being an ahole? How shocking

1 person likes this.
  8. Manny Ramirez

Wow SacTown, glad to see that you are still a little grubbing punk Queen James nuthugger troll, but you could have kept your mouth shut. What you did is no better than what SwoLy did. Very annoying.

9. Manny Ramirez

Thanks buddy.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

Hi Manny,

As do everyone else I'm very glad you're okay. And maybe you feel SacTown shouldn't have said anything, but nothing he said was incorrect. I would think that now you, of all people, would agree with that. No one likes their mistakes shoved in their faces soon after it happens. And if you hadn't replied to SacTown I wouldn't have brought it up either. But as you told SwoLy, 'defending it just makes it look worse. Learn to cut your losses and move on.'

1 person likes this.
  11. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

was it a multi-car accident? i understand you made a mistake there (from your own words) so Yonkers has a point that noone should be rubbing it in your face. obviously, you have some injuries which make it all the more real for you and don't need a lecture. it sucks it happened.

1 person likes this.
  12. Manny Ramirez

One car accident. If I had killed someone, I would have killed myself for the guilt. Look, I know how lucky and fortunate I am. I messed up and it won't happen again. I don't need someone saying "how reckless and careless". No ****, captain obvious, tell me something I don't know. I'll just not say anything else if I am going to hear people tell me things I already know.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

any pre surgery mangled arm pics?

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Why would you want to see that??? and why would anyone want to keep a picture like that??

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Manny agrees with this, but what exactly is the point of this being said out loud? You just want to be a dick and make him feel worse? I'm sure he feels bad enough and has learned from his mistakes. Thankfully no one else was involved and he came out alive from the accident, glad you are breathing Manny!

1 person likes this.
  16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Damn, everyone needs to stop trying to put their two cents into every damn thing. It gets so ****ing annoying as hell. Look the fact is that Manny was in a very serious accident and he's fortunate to be alive and that's all that matters. Does he realize that he shouldn't have been using his phone while driving? Yes. Do we all use our phones while we drive? Most likely all of us do. So none of us have a reason to say anything. Grow up people.

Glad you're ok Manny!

1 person likes this.
  17. Pete the Cheat

Manny, I have lost many an hour lurking your threads...glad you're back

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P9gk1PGZxaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

much love

1 person likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Why not?

19. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, is thread has turned really weird.

Sorry you are getting judged for being honest, Manny. Yeah, cell phones and driving is a bad combo and we have all done it. Just because the medium creates a veil between people and reality doesn't mean you fools should be attempting to show some kind of moral superiority by berating a man who was in a serious accident. Would you go to the hospital and tell a coworker he was careless and stupid in a similar situation? Of course not.

Manny is an honest and emotionally raw person in general on this bbs. I have joked with or at him about this fact in the past because I don't understand it, but people should know this and respect this and respond accordingly in a situation like this.

2 people like this.
  20. SacTown

SacTown Member

Thank You. Just because I like Lebron, doesn't mean what I said about the accident shouldn't be discredited. Manny could have killed someone's family member with his careless actions. That's a fact, and once again Manny I'm happy that you are OK and I hope the $$$ donation I sent to you gets put to good use. Let me know if you need any more.