1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Romney the Bully

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, May 10, 2012.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Sounds like a self-entitled jerk and a homophobe. Not to mention, we have another guy who couldn't hack it in sports but was an effective cheerleader.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Mitt apologizes while playing games with words.

3. weslinder

weslinder Member

I'm not sure who is more ridiculous and stupid. People who dig up 40-year-old stories about immature high schoolers to bash politicians with, or people who run for office, knowing that crap like this will be dug up.

2 people like this.
  4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

A lot of that is more like 50 years old. No fan of Mitts, but I was gonna say something along the lines of I'm not sure who is more ridiculous and stupid. People who dig up 50-year-old stories about immature high schoolers to bash politicians with, or people who run for office and are flat out stupid enough to even acknowledge such hack journalism.

5. Commodore

Commodore Member

this is quintessential media bias

The day after Obama comes out for gay marriage, a 5000+ word piece on Romney being an anti-gay bully in high school appears in the Washington Post. What a coincidence. From a paper that has shown zero interest in Obama's school days.

6. bnb

bnb Member

Should I think less of Romney because he wasn't an athlete in highschool?

Does that may him gay?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

What a coincidence, BBS conserva-clown recycles cliched argument without any original thought, is shown to be ignorant/stupid/liar within minutes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/23/AR2008082301620.html

So which was it? I'll give you the graceful out to claim that you were merely ignorant and/or stupid when you posted that above, though if you'd like to make a case for being a liar you can state your case now. Scout's honor and all that.

8. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

9. Northside Storm

Given the birther movement, I don't think anything is too low in terms of personal dirt.

With that said, this just confirms the fact that Romney must of been one of those jerks you hate being around. I'm personally put off that he came through private equity without s*** in his smile, and this just confirms he's not anyone I would take for a friend. Does that affect whether or not he'll be a good president? No, plenty of good presidents were probably complete assholes. It'll cost him at least some votes though, because sometimes politics comes down to show business popularity.

The right knows this. They always focus on "radical" elements of Obama's life and any Democrat president gets screwed with this. Hell, Romney got up on negative attack ads, and not always on other people's records. So I have no sympathy for people who drag on and on about how the media is attacking Romney, until I know they equally don't give a s*** when something flies the other way.

It's a fluff piece. This is politics, get used to it.

10. Northside Storm

Don't be surprised then if it goes both ways.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

There's a difference between being immature and holding a kid down against his will while you cut off his hair because he's different. Most of us do stupid and immature things and grow out of it. Very few of us do anything close to what Romney did. The fact that he is lying about not remembering it tells you a lot.

Besides, how screwed up do you get when your parents ship you off to a boarding school based on the English model? (Lyrics from Pink Floyd's The Wall are dancing through my head as I type this.) Those places have a great chance to produce insulated, egotistical, unsympathetic monsters (see the financial elite for example).

On the cheerleader thing, no, of course it doesn't mean he is gay. To me, it sounds like he wanted to play, but wasn't good enough. (How bad do you have to be to not play at a small elite prep school?) So, he cheered. He cheered the closest thing to war we have. Football and war share terms and both borrow from each other for language and metaphors. I can usually tell the difference between the rabid fans who played football and the ones who did not. I can usually tell the difference between the rabid war advocates who have served and those that have not. In both cases, there are many fewer who participated than those that did not. I don't want another cheerleader anywhere close to power.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh was 47 years ago, that is a LONG time ago and he was still a teenager and not an adult yet. It is an interesting read and obviously furthers the narrative that Mitt, like GW is a spoiled, entitled brat without the fortitude to lead the country.

13. Depressio

Depressio Member

Accidental double post. See below.

#13 Depressio, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  14. Depressio

Depressio Member

Timing reduces what it says, somehow? It might get less attention is same sex marriage wasn't at the forefront, but it wouldn't reduce its meaning in the least. And you know some damaging Obama stories from his school days that the paper just isn't reporting about? Or you don't know any, but you're sure they must be there?

Or are you just making an attempt at misdirecting unwanted attention to your precious candidate's youthful misdeeds?

15. mc mark

mc mark Member

We already went though all of that 4 years ago. Obama went to a muslim madrasa (scary word for school) when he was 5

OH NOOOOOEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!11!

16. Granville

Granville Member

He also ate Beagle on a bagel...

17. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

Whats up with that yearbook picture of Romney holding a gun to his head in between two girls?

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

this is important news people!!!!

I hear that there is a story coming out pretty soon that he once sharted himself

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This.

I would really like to see a tally, or maybe a ven diagram that includes:

males
    males who were jerks in high school (almost the entire male population)
    males who become successful executives in a capitalist system who were jerks in high school (absolutely equivalent to the last subset)

Such a non story, and it's going to be a long, long 5.5 months until the election. Sigh.

20. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

so a guy played a prank on a hippie. typical white person.