1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Boxing] Floyd Mayweather to fight Cotto

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by lue03, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

People are also not factoring the weight difference when Manny fought Cotto vs. when Mayweather just fought Cotto

Cotto came into the fight at 145 smh...

Mayweather started his career at 130, and came into this fight at 152 on fight-night, Cotto probably weighed closer to 170 on fight night

If Cotto and Mayweather were the same weight, Mayweather knocks him out too( especially after all those clean punches were landing)

2. what

what Member

I'm not certain that Manny can beat Bradley. Bradley is a great fighter who I have respect for. Manny's got the power shots but can he find Bradley's head, is the question?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Good fight lots of action -- Mayweather clearly won -- Cotto showed heart, but he was getting beat up.

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

You are absolutely right. But probably the not the way you think. With Arum it comes down to money. I don't agree with it with Cotto but Manny should definitely get a 50/50 split. That's what has stalled the fight from the beginning.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They both are declining.

If Manny can get past Bradley hopefully it gets done(doubt it)...if not it probably will never get done.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

God you are stupid. Please shut up.

7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

May agreed to the weight so why should Cotto take slack for it? Probably time to go vote for Obamacare and forget about boxing.

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Just saying that the Cotto that Pac fought, and the one Mayweather just fought are different fighters

Cotto was so drained in the fight with Pacquaio, he had no power and was weak on fight night. but whatever im the idiot

9. Nook

Nook Member

Mayweather does not want to fight Pac Man and has dodged him for years. He is always fully of excuses. No question.

Having said that, Pac Man is past his prime and declining faster than Mayweather ... if the fight happens I think at this point Mayweather wins ( not in the past)... Pac has too many other interests..

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yes it was a catchweight, but up until that fight, Cotto never fought above 147 and fought most of his career at 140. So stop with this nonsense of trying to discredit Manny's win over Cotto. Especially when during that time, There we're people were saying Cotto would beat Manny, even at a catchweight.

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I'm not the one calling you an idiot. Cotto has also been on a new training regimen for his endurance. I think that is more of a factor than the difference you are mentioning between the two fights.

12. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Shouldn't she be holding the round cards?

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

he was drained

14. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I now hate you forever. The Biebs has no place here.

15. what

what Member

These are the most telling quotes from cotto, and they underscore the fact of what I've been saying. Cotto fought HIS fight and the judges liked Mayweather's style over his. Cotto couldn't fight any other way than the way he fought. If they don't award points for it he can't change that.

"The judges said I lost the fight. I can't do anything else. I have to take my defeat," Cotto said. "I brought my best and I did my best every morning in training camp and I did my best tonight."

"I'm happy with my fight and with my performance," he said. "So is my family. I can't ask for anything else."

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Pactards know nothing about boxing. Nothing but sheep for the media like Skip Bayless( Mr. Pacquiao will knock out Mayweather within 2 rounds)

You guys believe all that stuff from ESPN, the only guy on ESPN who isnt stupid and knows his stuff is Teddy Atlas, and they wont let him debate Skip Bayless just like Jalen Rose( because they use common sense)

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

50 cent too... what a lame entourage.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

SMH why do even bother? Flomos and pactards don't know **** about boxing *Roger Mayweather voice*

19. SunsRocketsfan

Lol. You sir are stupid. You obviously are a noob and dont understand a thing about boxing. Did you know 170 would be considered super middle weight?

Also for being a so called huge fan of floyd you sure lack knowledge on his style. Floyd is not a knock out boxer. Just look at his record 43 wins and only 26 by knockout. Floyds forte is simpy to outbox his opponent. He is a defensive/boxing genius and doesnt get hit. He simply out scores his opponents and has no need and kaybe lacks the power to knock people out but he wins.

Pacquiao on the other hand has speed and power and can knock people out. If you look at the fighters they both bought. Mosley, De la hoya, hatton, cotto then pacquiao clearly had a more exciting fight since he knocked down everyone. Only fighter who floyd performed better is marquez.

But anyways comparing who did better against a certain fighter to gauge who is better is r****ded. Just because pacquiao might have done better against x fighter doesnt mean he would win against floyd.

My opinion both fighters dominated cotto in different ways. Pacaquaio used his speed and power to dominate cotto and mayweahter used his craftiness and defensive counter punching along with his ability to be elusive to dominate cotto.

A mayweather pacquaio fight would definitely be awesome since pacquiao is a much faster and stronger version of cotto.

20. SunsRocketsfan

Sorry you lost all crediblity when you said cotto was probably at 170 tonight. You clearly are just a casual boxing fan and dont know crap or just listen to floyds trash talking. Cotto has always fought in the 140-154 range. Please stop with your mayweather talking points. Hes a good fighter but your lack of knowledge is quite insulting to him too