1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Would You Like a Little Parsons with That?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Apr 23, 2012.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Parsons at best will be Andre Kerelenko. And right now AK47 plays in Russia just saying :)

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That statement failed so hard.
    [​IMG]

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

monta ellis cant make all star game
    k mart when he averaged 25 ppg couldn't make the all star game.

Lamarcus Aldridge finally made the all star game for the first time this year, barely.

What makes you think an above average defender who will not score 25 ppg anytime soon, will make the all star team all of the sudden?

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd put a franchise tag on CP, if there were such a thing in the NBA. Don't you know if we trade him he'll be a 30/10/10 all-star with a 95% ft % and league MVP for the next ten years to go with a ring for each finger... Of course, for us he'll be just very good-- but, as long as he hustles like he did this year, I'd never think of trading him.

5. jogo

jogo Member

Homerism, pure and simple. (I'm not picking on you alone, many clutchfans seem to think this way.)

In months where Parsons played more than 2 games (not December), these are his averages:
    Jan 41.9%, 21%, 7, 5.4, 1.9 (only 26.5 min/gm)
    Feb 41.9%, 33%, 8.4, 4.2, 2 (28.6 min)
    March 52.6%, 35.6%, 12.9, 5.8, 3.3 (32.5 min)
    Apr 42.3%, 39.6%, 11, 3.7, 1.7 (31 min)

His ceiling next year is 45%, 36%, 14, 6, 3. I'm not sure he averages 13 points a game.

LBJ, KD, Pierce, CARMELO says hi, Deng, Iggy, GRANGER, Gay, Batum?, Wallace?
    Parsons is lucky to make top 10.

6. opticon

opticon Member

I was just trollin.

But in all seriousness before Andrei got in Solan's dog house and fell off the face of the earth, he was great defender filled up the stat sheet and was a flat out beast. Now he plays for CSKA Moscow. He had a nice run his first 5 or 6 years in the league though.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You all sound like DD raving about Budinger after his rookie year.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some of the comments about Chandler are over the top, but I don't see how anyone can deny that he's been an incredible find in the second round, and a solid starter, especially for a rookie picked so low. A player who has consistently improved as the season has progressed. Yes, Bud was another player that little was expected of as a rookie, and who turned out to be a solid addition to the rotation. He showed that this season. He's in his third year, having a pretty good season, and he's beaten out by a rook. It's a great story. One of the few bright spots in what has turned out to be a dismal year. I don't have a problem with people celebrating Chandler Parsons. Parsons deserves it, IMO. I also don't mind some nice comments about Bud. I think his season deserves some praise.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Parsons had a much bigger impact in his rookie season than Bud has in 3 seasons.

10. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I say, 1 star.

11. RocketFanGolfer

I dunno guys, Parsons strikes me more as Trevor Ariza with better IQ and handles, which is not an all-star by any means, but a really great player to have on championship team as a glue guy...problem is is that we're not a championship team.

So if the right deal arises, Parsons can be traded. But even this isn't likely because as he would most likely be undervalued by other teams. His contract also makes him an absolute bargain with his production. I think Morey will hold onto Parsons for another year to see how he develops. If he plateaus or (heaven forbid like PPat) regresses next year, he can still be flipped for something with that very cap friendly contract of his.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

I just had this paranoid vision of Scola, Martin, and Parsons tearing it up in Orlando, and DHo DNPing (back) in Houston.

Don't trade Parsons!

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If they were to trade Parsons, it shouid be for a pick. Not for a free agent. Parsons in a couple of seasons will be better than any free agent that they would be gettin back. Except of course D. Howard and he won't be leaving Orlando before Van Gundy. It would not make any sense to trade Parsons for anyone else. A top pick now would be much more valuable in my opinion.

14. conquistador#11

I don't like parsons. he, along with dragic have this never quit attitude. We can't panzer with players like that! we need more hasheems! Also, he is getting up there in age. If he was a german shepherd, he'd be over 160+ years old. blow it up! rebuild! =/

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok let's replace the one of the two good players who broke out this season for...what exactly?

Parsons may or may not be a star, but even if he stays at his current level he's already a valuable piece to a contending team. If you want to take steps forward you earmark guys like him and keep them no matter what, as you revolve the other pieces to get better players to play him. Trading Parsons for another player would just be a lateral step, you lose a good player+X, then you add a good player.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I too would like to add players instead of trading Parsons. It's just that, imo, this will be one of the deepest draft classes in a while. Probably in history. By deep, i mean number of players that will be able to contribute in their 1st seasons.
    Now if there were a chance that we could trade Parsons for a top 5 pick, then they would have to at least consider it. Also, what if we could trade Parsons + player and Dallas' 2013 pick for Boston's two 1st rounders? Tempting is it not?

17. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Did this season not show you anything? If you roll out the same lineup there's no way this team as constructed is going to be favorites to compete. Dark horses is what Houston has been every year ending outside looking in. Plus a future lineup with Morris at SG is crazy, he's working to transition to the SF spot.

If there's a chance to move up in the draft nobody is untouchable even Parsons as much as I like the guy. For me I'd rather trade Lowry & Morris but if Parsons is the asking price you jump on it. I believe MKG has a higher ceiling & he's only 18yrs old & Leonard at 20yrs old to come in & play behind one of our current centers!

What about Motiejunas coming over next season?
    We have two picks likely #13 & #16 what do we do with those?
    Do you let Dragic walk or resign him & trade Lowry?
    Do you think drafting a C would be smart seeing that Camby is 38 & Dalembert is 31?
    Do you want to compete improve the team or stay in mediocrity?

I'm just saying that this team has a lot of questions going into this off-season & decisions to make! This should be the off-season to give this team a direction on how they want to go into the future. It's getting old at every trade deadline with the Rockets are taking offers on everybody, no one is safe! This team should look very different come next season or be prepared for the same result or 6th or 7th seed at best!

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Do you all think that Parsons can be considered as a cornerstone on our team?

19. jocar

jocar Member

I caught herpes from Ms. New Orleans last mardi gras :(

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What? All I ever said was that he will improve, and he has....

Same for Chandler, but I think his ceiling is a lot higher, Chandler has a lot more game than Bud.

DD