1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

5. TheresTheDagger

You have too much time on your hands. :)

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I want Melisandre to have my shadow babies.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

After this episode, I actually kind of like Tywin Lannister. I wonder what he'd think/do if he knew what an awful POS Joffrey is. Would he even care?

8. TheresTheDagger

For the night is dark and full of terrors.....

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not sure I like the latest direction - god of light or whatever. But I guess it's in the books.

overall, second season still great but not as good. Again, probably goes back to the books, but by creating such a rich world with so many characters, I don't think they have enough time to adequately engage this season. Absent Stark, you have everyone from last year plus a **** ton more storylines. Probably an awesome read, and I may ultimately do that, though had been trying to avoid because I just wanted to do one medium really.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

that's one way to end an episode

11. TheresTheDagger

Sit tight. All the locations of book 2 (and all of the new characters) have been introduced. Just like last season...the first half of the season is setup. Starting soon (next week I'm almost positive) things start to heat up. And its goooooooood......

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

My only gripe with the episode would be the filming of the opening battle scene. The fade to black seemed a little weird. Also the sound of sawing the foot off was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

14. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I've always liked Tywin. I mean, the guy is totally ruthless and sort of evil, and is definitely looking after number one, but he's obviously a really smart and talented dude who really has a handle on the situation. He may be a lot of things, but he's certainly not incompetent. Most of the characters have an obvious fatal flaw, but if Tywin has one, I'm not sure what it is, other than being kind of an ******* in general.

15. Xerobull

Pride.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Book Spoiler

He should have been looking out for himself during number 2.

HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 people like this.
  17. Xerobull

This episode was a bit of a step back in quality, IMO. The overt attention on the Lannisters is getting tedious; this series isn't exclusively about them. Also, the sex is getting gratuitous. The scene with Joffrey and the whores was unnecessary (we already know he's a twisted *******), and they could have used that time on Jon or Bran.

And I'm not sure why they keep throwing the Ros (w****) character in there over and over again. Aren't there any other prostitutes in the kingdom?

I hope that HBO isn't caving into fan pressure or expectations on characters, sex, or gay.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The nudity is getting pretty constant. I enjoyed this episode however. Qarth looked interesting.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It briefly looked like a city from one of the Star Wars prequels.

I don't mind the nudity. I assume it is in the books. And it's HBO. And, boobies!

I just continue to assert, with the exception of Peter Dinklage, nobody's been given enough time to advance their story/performance. Dinklage has been great, as usual... maybe even better than last year.

Hopefully as someone else mentioned, early season episodes are setup, end of season episodes are more awesome.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm curious to see what Sansa is upto. Her character is definitely more sympathetic now and the actress has been doing a good job as well. Think she can't wait to somehow kill Geoffery for what he did to her father.