1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry will be gone.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 22, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You can not be afraid of paying players what they are worth, all we should be worried about as fans is getting the best players on the court, period.

DD

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I like Goran more as a starter than a backup. Lowry would be a great backup, but he won't accept that. He will be gone next year.

3. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

But when a star doesn't live up to expectations, we as fans blame the contract. Can't have your cake and eat it.

And I don't believe Dragic is a huge upgrade. In any case if either of these 2 is our best or most important player come tip off next season, we will be mediocre again

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Your Rockets fandom lags behind your unconscionable preference for certain players over others only because a few of those guys made you eat your words, both positively and negatively.

You're really just a LOH.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dragic came back down to earth rather quickly. He isn't our savior.

DM won't overpay for his services.

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I think it makes sense anyway...someone will give something of value for martin...most likely the wovles...could be part of a 3 way trade where we give them martin and they send their draft pick they get because jazz made the playoffs.

Plus he is an expiring next year as well...thats a win win for someone intersted in a SG. I think lowry is also primed for being dealt. Showed he is a top notch starting PG...I dont think his value was hurt...because he himself was hurt.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I am a realist, some people can't handle that.

I don't hate Lowry, I just think he is a good PG, but nothing special.

Way better than Rafer BTW....just not as good as Dragic, IMO.

I prefer a scoring PG who can beat someone off the dribble, I think that is where I end up disagreeing with a lot of people, just a matter of personal preference in style of play.

If the Rox can't keep Dragic I will be fine with them keeping Kyle....he is not something to toss in the trash bin, he is a top 15 PG in the league...not great, not bad, pretty good, IMO.

DD

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Except he didn't come down, he continued to play pretty well.

But you are right about one thing he is not our savior, just a better PG option for the Rockets.

DD

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've seen a pattern in the bbs' evaluation of players in their career arcs. So, I'm going to cut through the bs and skip to the end: trade Lowry for expirings and a second round pick. Or, if there are no takers, amnesty cut him.

10. joesr

joesr Member

At least wait till Dragic resigns with us. Technically he is a FA now

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

As a starter for the season:

36.5 mpg

49/39/83 with 2.56 A/TO ratio

18.37 PPG
    8.26 APG
    3.22 TOPG
    3.4 RPG
    1.8 SPG

Just for comparison, here's Chris Paul's numbers he gets from throwing lobs to Blake and Deandre

36.3 MPG

48/36/86 with 4.39 A/TO ratio

19.6 PPG
    9.1 APG
    2.07 TOPG
    3.5 TPG
    2.5 SPG

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Remember Knote32's thread on Lowry last season? Lowry has put up the same numbers. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue bc I've loved Dragic's game since day 1 and remember arguing with B-Bob when he was calling him a scrub last season.

Lowry was a top 10 fantasy player before the injury. How soon some of you guys forget. SMH.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

One thing about Lowry is though, is that he would barrell into the lane and just throw up these miracle off balance runners. Often times they would go in, but thats just not sustainable, its more of a gimmick. Lately though, he would just settle for a three and became a bit of a chucker, when he stopped getting the calls.

Dragic has a little better form on his shot shot and does a bit better at keeping his dribble.

I think in the long term Dragic might be a better PG, although he needs to be a little less flashy and cut down on the turnovers.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

this...

Lowry was highly praised last year..now he's basically Aaron Brooks..

Dragic plays great for 3 months...he's a messiah

I like them both and hope they stay here next year

15. Jet036

Jet036 Member

When did all this Lowry hate begin? Last I remember he was a hero around here. Obviously something happened that I don't know about. Can anyone clue me in?

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

been here since 09 and don't recognize how this board rolls?

17. charliem

charliem Member

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yes.

A new month started.

This is all Clutchfans needs.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So after Thursday, can we resign players?

20. onreego

onreego Member

Year of the Dragon happened. I like Lowry, however, right now I prefer Dragic as the starter. He's bigger and produces at a similar rate. Also, during that run the games were just more exciting to watch with Dragic at the helm.

I don't know if its a case of Lowry being better at finding players in spots or not but I just feel like with Dragic there is more ball movement. Everyone isn't waiting to see what Kyle does.