1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am convinced the Rockets are trying to tank

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 22, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I think Morey told McHale to tank games on purpose, this is why the scola-ppat frontline only plays big minutes in the 4th quarter. You'd think if McHale actually believed in the lineup he would start it, but the fact that bear and camby get minutes in the 1st 3 quarters means something.

My theory is that Morey must have some deal already agreed to in principle with another team, that requires the two draft picks we would get if we missed the Playoffs. Once that was sealed, he told McHale it's better for us if we missed the postseason.

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I thinks so too, there is no reason not to play a centre when game after game we need rebounding and rim protection late in games.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

One win too many can hurt us.. We've seen then happen with JVG. We coulda had Brandon Roy.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

tank for what? 13th pick?

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

if we made the playoffs, we wouldn't have a 1st round pick at all besidse nyk

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That might actually make some sense. I think it's also that Martin and Lowry are done for the season so there's no point losing the pick to NJ by making the playoffs

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

If your plan is to tank don't wait til your locked in the 13th and 14th spot. Just do it from the start of the season.

8. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

yep i'd rather tank with this team

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

think about it, there is no way mchale is that much of an idiot when it comes to basketball. ONLY an idiot would refuse to play a center in the 4th qtr when we clearly need defense and rebounding.

I just don't believe mchale can be that stupid.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

we had a 2% chance of making it anyway

11. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Indeed, if they come out and admit it i will at least respect them. Right now, I couldn't care less if McHale dies and Morey with him.

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

I don't understand. I think we can all agree we dodged a bullet there.

13. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Realistically, if Morey had told McHale to tank, the tanking process should have started much earlier. There is no point in trying to tank games as it does absolutely nothing to benefit the team at this point in time.

As for McHale being dumb. While I'm not suggesting McHale is an idiot, his track record isn't exactly great as both a front office manager or a head coach. So, I wouldn't really put it past him to pull something like this.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

morey has a deal in place on the offseason, probably consisting of the pick we will get by missing the Playoffs in the draft.

It's gonna be a blockbuster most likely, Dwight Howard???

15. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

well unless he and the Magic GM have a deal for dwight set in stone and orlando wants that extra 1st round draft pick.

Remember dwight soured his relationship in ORL well after the deadline so the Magic couldn't trade him, but I bet they trade him in the offseason.

Morey has a deal in place for dwight this offseason.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

If you're hoping for a blockbuster deal bringing in a superstar you will be letdown.

Probably give up our 1st for someone like Anthony Randolph or Tyrus Thomas

1 person likes this.
  18. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

What do we benefit losing these games?

19. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

There really isn't any point in speculating about what the Rockets are going to plan on doing in the off-season without everything being set in stone. With that being said, the Rockets have 0% chance of landing Dwight Howard.

20. conquistador#11

denial isn't a river in the fifth ward!
    did I do that right?