1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Should Morey be fired

1. Yes

364 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

821 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What an AWESOME post...

DD

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you came into this season with the playoffs or bust, you frankly came in with the wrong expectations. This team wasn't built to win, it was built to be midly competitive while we put together a blockbuster trade.

Making the playoffs was secondary goal. The primary goal is to make that big trade.

If we can't land that big star, sure, it might be time to re-evaluate our approach, but the outrage over a six game losing streak on the GM of all people is completely out of line.

3. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is NOT what Morey or McHale said, why should anyone hold them accountable to YOUR expectations and not the ones they themselves said?

DD

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can I steal your post? :p

Pretty much hit the nail on the head on why he should go.

5. larsv8

What should they be saying if the scenario is as I described?

You yourself have been extremely critical of players being treated like assets by Morey. Now here is a direct example of them playing the PR game and yet here you are at the forefront, still complaining.

6. Third eye

Third eye Member

Far more realistic-after the botched pau trade....we were left with a team that was what it was- we tried to trade for a super star, and it didn't work....

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think the problem is management. I think the problem is ownership. i think Les acquired a team that was absolutely stacked and he enjoyed the fruits of that...but it ends there for the most part.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why don't you ask one of the experts in denial in this area - DaDakota, 2008-2010:

[/QUOTE]

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

[/QUOTE]

I knew that was coming :) I had some lengthy exchanges with DaDa over that very issue, because I was seriously frustrated by this organization's unwillingess to be honest with itself about Yao's condition.

But to be fair to DaDa...he's not on payroll to make those decisions.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The organization knew about it, that's why they made a play for Gortat, etc. The real problem was actually offseason after they lost to the Lakers. THAT was the time to blow things up. But then Adelman came up with that "magical" 42-20 lotto season, featuring MIP Aaron Brooks.

Heh, fool's gold....

#290 SamFisher, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  11. il italiano

il italiano Member

Morey should not be fired. He is a fantastic GM that we must hold on to. He may be our most valuable "asset" so let me explain:

Morey would be the best GM in the league if we had a superstar to build on. He is a master at finding unknown gems and turning them into contributing role players - some even borderline all-stars. All the moves he makes improve the team substantially. We got Scola for a bag of skittles, dragic for brooks, camby for hasheem thabet, lowry for basically nothing, signed artest which turned us into instant contenders, etc... Look at our current roster and insert a healthy Yao, a dwight howard, or hell even an Al Jefferson and we would instantly be championship contenders.

Morey was dealt a crap hand when Yao and Tmac went down to injury. The right move, instead of what we are doing now, would seem to be to tank and rebuild. All the success we have had as a franchise came through the lottery. Moses, Hakeem, and Yao all came thanks to lottery picks. But i dont believe its Morey's fault that we arent tanking, its Les Alexander's fault. He doesnt want us to tank because all he wants to do is to win, which is admirable but it may be because he just wants to sell tickets.

I like Les as an owner and i certainly am not calling him to sell the team, nor am i calling for morey to be fired because i see how good a gm he really is. I think its time to tank, and for every1 to be behind it. Unless we can get a really good piece in a trade for lowry, its time to tank.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I knew that was coming :) I had some lengthy exchanges with DaDa over that very issue, because I was seriously frustrated by this organization's unwillingess to be honest with itself about Yao's condition.

But to be fair to DaDa...he's not on payroll to make those decisions.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I am a fan, not someone that is PAID by the team to make that call.

If you want to give me the GM's job, then I would have to make those tough calls and be judged by them as part of the job.

Sam is just being his usual assholish self.....not really contributing just taking shots.

Get some new material Law boi !

DD

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That was directed at Sam...not you Max.

You get the proper perspective, Sam is just a dick.

DD

14. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

A few things:

We have more Morey fans than actual Rocket fans here. In reality, firing Morey should be a legitimate option. Blaming Les, Mchale or anybody else is only a way for Morey fans to save face. You cant declare a GM great with relatively mediocre results. You guys threw everybody else under the bus (Adelman, Brooks, Kmart, Tmac, Les) but seem to have every excuse in the book for Morey lol. Basketball don't work that way. I say fire him and bring in another young GM with a more conventional way of building a team

15. larsv8

Sure you can.

16. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

DaDakota always contradicts himself that is nothing new he just rides the bandwagon and goes along with the flow.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

You can say several things about DD, but that's definitely not one of them.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nope, I take each discussion on an individual basis, it is just morons can not understand how one situation is vastly different than the others.

And they try to lump them together as some way of proving me wrong.....hell, I am wrong on my own often enough, lol.....big deal....

If I was GM, I guess I would be fired.....

DD

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

First, who are the players Morey didn't get that you wish he had?

Second, your stronger voice will be a better argument if Morey can't convince Les this offseason to choose a direction. Saying he doesn't have a strong enough voice only one year removed from losing Yao in a year with a shortened offseason is jumping the gun a bit.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm completely baffled by the fact that people still think blaming Les is an excuse to save Morey, when Adelman, Morey, JVG, and Clutch have confirmed that Les wants to keep this up. Unless you think the problem isn't rebuilding while trying to win, how do you not blame Les for this??