1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Should Morey be fired

1. Yes

364 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

821 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Ow yeah, totally forgot how he said the failed trade for Gasol set the franchise back 3 years. What kind of statement is that?? Even if you think it, you cannot come out and say it unless you feel wronged by Stern but then be a man and do something about it. Even still, thinking one deal is enough to set your franchise back 3 years reeks of desperation and probably doesn't well with people in Houston.

2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

All you Morey haters need to realize that firing Morey would send this teams development back to the stone age. He is our only hope. Without him we are nothing. Top 5 picks rarely ever give you the star you hope for. Ask the clippers they had high lottery picks for 15 years and couldn't draft nuts.

3. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Another problem is most stars in this league are to dumb to realize you need a complete team to win a championship not one other great player.

4. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

LET'S FIRE LES ALEXANDER!!!

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Then he's not a good GM, if he cannot convince his boss to do the best thing--suck just one season and we can get a good young player.

Nah, I think Morey is more thrilled to get the undervalued player and have him show up bigger-spending teams. He's not willing to overpay. Part of that I think is that his stats division eats up a huge payroll and so too the equipment he installs is very expensive. Morey, sooner or later, you gotta take responsibility for the results.

6. comehere2

comehere2 Member

Those morey lovers are unbelievable. He doesn't have it. A monkey could do a better job. In Morley we trust, fail again. Are those people morey's or rockets' fans?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Morey didn't send Patterson out to end games loss after loss after loss. He didn't sit his best defender, Camby, playing on a wing and a prayer, but still playing great defense, so Patterson could bounce around clueless, loss after loss after loss after loss. No, Morey didn't do that. Someone else did.

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Morey is great GM. I trust him to surround our stars with a championship caliber team. I just wish we had a star. Firing him won't help us.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Morey has tried to bring top players (Bosh, Nene, Melo, Dwight, Bogut) to the Rockets, but we couldn't do it because it is now a player's control league. Morey has done a better job than all the GMs was, or in our city. Texans Rick Smith, only kept 1 Texans out of 5-6 that flea and manage to keep Jacoby. Former Astros Ed Wade, tanked the whole team and I bet an extreme few knows the starting lineup for the team. And Dynamo GM, signed no one significant, basically banking on the stadium for money and fan support. Tell me Morey hasn't done the best of his ability given that 2 of our franchise players just retire in Yao, or is playing in oblivion role with other team in McGrady.

10. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

SO WE SHOULD TRADE FOR A SUPERSTAR GM???

this isnt nba2k guys.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not advocating for getting rid of Morey, because I think most of the problems sit on the doorstep of the owner, not the GM....but a post like this is Exhibit "A" when I talk about how nuts this board can be about Morey. He's our only hope?? Really? This franchise has had far better years in its history when Morey wasn't involved with it...let's not pretend he's Jesus.

12. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Stupidest post ever

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

But he fired a HOF coach just to hire a unqualified one that would lead to 5 game collapses like we're witnessing now

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

errrr ... sarcasm metre exploded .. =L =/

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest problem I have with Morey is the hiring of McHale, and the firing of Rick Adelman and Jeff Van Gundy.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

i think the main man behind the firing of van gundy was les alexander. though I cant remember clearly.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Who hired that someone else?

DD

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

He never fired Adelman. I never liked that Adelman left, but I thought it was pretty damn obvious that it was mutual and Adelman wanted to move on.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It wasn't mutual at all, Morey tried to force Finch onto Adelman's staff, and tried to force Adelman to get rid of Elston Turner.

And Adelman refused.

Morey knew that he would never accept that....the whole negotiations to keep Adelman were a show for the more mentally challenged fans.

DD

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Hell yes. He's had plenty of time and this is a team with absolute no direction.