1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have the least likely chance to make Playoffs this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Who cares about Hollinger's forecasting?

The only thing that matters is this:

4 games ago we were 100% looking like the playoffs was gonna happen. (And maybe the players bought into it too, being safely perched at #6, not prepared to get slapped around by teams closer to the edge.)

Now we look 100% like we're in deep ****, and I'm starting to think, Well, looks like I could be watching the Draft Lottery again this year, hoping against hope to jump from 12/13/14 into the Top 3.

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

This is what can/will happen when you have a team full of role players and young players. I'm not that mad because I didn't set high expectations for this team.

I know some on here don't like K Martin now, but we sure are missing his shooting. It will take Lowry a few weeks to get back in playing shape. I still think they will play hard and try to win tomorrow, knowing its a must win game to have any chance at making the playoffs.

If we can get in the playoffs anything can happen. The guys play hard and will just need to knock down some shots and they can play with anybody. They would not get swept.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If the Suns can make it through that schedule without missing a beat, they deserve the spot.

4. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

It's as simple as this.

We can't lose another game.

We have 1 less loss then Utah. I'm assuming they have the tiebreaker.

There probably not going to lose any of the games they have remaining.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Funny how throughout the season we were one star player away from contending and people change their minds based on this losing streak. We have been up and down, but lately with the rotation were set were becoming good. Kind of like with Adelman, pushing the team to the limit.

I think with the wins in Chicago and LA we got carried away. The team probably figured, all we have to do is show up. That player of the week talk and everything got us thinking we were on top. Guess what, we got knocked back down to earth and even deep into the ground. Pride comes before the fall.

And boy are we falling, it's like a free fall with nothing going right: shots, rotations, effort, referees calls, McHale's all of a sudden lack of playing a big man etc. The players haven't been into these games, except for a stretch in the 1st and 4th last night, a 100%. All the other teams wanted it more and it showed. That's inexcusable.

We do not deserve to be in the playoffs and with this kind of effort mainly by Lowry & Dalembert when he was playing back up, but also Camby probably not coming back, Lee playing scared, Patterson not playing like a PF, Martin back in the rotation it would be a 4-0 sweep and an embarrassment.

That's another thing, the crowd. Boy have they been awful these last few home games. Last night, they got into it when Scola asked for it, 5 seconds into the next play after the time-out, the crowd wasn't buzzing anymore and there goes your home court advantage. I never understood people stopping to cheer after the opponent makes a basket, that's when you should get even more pumped and give the guys a list. It is pathetic is what it is. People suggesting booing Patterson should never be allowed to attend a game.

With all this being said, the Rockets hope might rest on Martin, who could come back firing and the only one capable of putting up 20-30 ppg. His come back is the only thing that excites me though McHale might not use him. I wouldn't be suprised if they've already given up and thrown in the towel. With NYK making the playoffs, Morey is desperate for that pick. Something might be going on behind closed doors..so 14th pick, here we come.

6. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

If the rockets pulled there **** together they could win out I think.

The first thing they have to do is get a win in Dallas.

But after that:
    @ NO
    VS GS
    @ MIAMI ( It's looking certain that Miami is going to get 7th. They will probably rest there starters)
    VS NO
    I know NO has actually been playing pretty well lately but cmon guys that schedule is not bad at all.

I think if we get past Dallas we could win the rest of the season.

Which means Utah can't catch us.

I think Phoenix is irrelevant with the schedule they have.

Hopefully the only game phoenix wins is the one against Utah. haha

7. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I mean Miami is going to get 2nd and play 7th

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I think the only way the Rockets win out is if they win the next 5 games.

Best case scenario is that we win @dallas and @new orleans, beat GS at home, then go on to win @Miami and at home against the hornets.

9. MadMax

MadMax Member

Most every team in the league is one star player away from contending. The problem is acquiring that star player....which, unless it's through the draft, requires you giving up a lot of the cast that you thought was just a star player away from being a contender.

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why would they do that when they are battling the Thunder and Spurs for home court in the finals?

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

what we need is for the suns to still be in it come when they meet utah, they can beat utah if they are playing to win.

12. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

I like your optimism and I will keep believing like you....I think the jazz could slip up tomorrow night At Portland...Utah has been bad on.road and blazers always play better at home even without Lamarcus ...if.we beat Dallas we got a good shot to get in

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it shows how stubborn human being could be.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i don't know you!!!! :grin:

15. davidio840

davidio840 Member

So if we miss the playoffs we get our draft pick back from NJ correct? That will leave us with one first round pick and it seams that we will not get the Dallas pick (top 20 protected). I think we should trade our pick and a player like Martin or Scola and try to get the 9th or 10th pick if possible.. Easier said than done though

16. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I remember there was that one thread that said we would go to the NBA Finals....

17. solid

solid Member

Morey is still the GM? McHale still the coach? Les still the owner? Well, I guess that is why everything else is still the SAME!

18. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

Mcfail did this trouble. R.I.P. 2012 play offs. 2013 may be LOL

19. davidio840

davidio840 Member

It isn't so much about Hollingers forecasting but about what you said afterwards. We were almost a lock in the playoffs and we choked. It is embarrassing and a slap in the face to the fans. Especially when the last 4 games were against teams playing desperately to get in. The Rockets walked into these previous 4 games with no desperation or heart to win. We were out coached, out hustled, out played, and just about everything else in the book.

As much as I want us to make the playoffs and watch us play in May (regardless if we get beat in the 1st round or 2nd round) it just doesn't look like it will happen. You have almost a 100% chance of watching the lottery this year with the rest of us wondering who we will pick at #14. Probably another PF lol :cool:

20. Rockets_Fan15

Rockets_Fan15 Rookie

LOL!!!