1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have the least likely chance to make Playoffs this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, Apr 17, 2012.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Member

1. San Antonio - Record: 43-16 - Playoffs: 100%
    2. Oklahoma City - Record: 44-17 - Playoffs: 100%
    3. LA Lakers - Record: 39-22 - Playoffs: 100%
    4. LA Clippers - Record: 38-23 - Playoffs: 100%
    5. Memphis - Record 35-25 - Playoffs: 100%
    6. Dallas - Record 34-28 - Playoffs: 94%
    7. Denver - Record 34-27 - Playoffs: 90.8%
    8. Phoenix - Record 32-29 - Playoffs: 51.5%
    9. Utah - Record 32 - 30 - Playoffs 33.5%
    10. Houston - Record 32-29 - Playoffs 30.2%

We are in 9th place as of today.

We have 5 games left:
    @ Dallas
    @ New Orleans
    VS Golden State
    @ Miami (Possibly rest starters so we have a chance to win)
    VS New Orleans

I will say we will go 3-2 in that stretch if we are lucky. I would not be surprised with a 1-4 with the way we have been playing.

Phoenix and Utah are the only way we have a chance. Unfortunately we do not have the tie breaker over either one of them. The only way we can get Phoenix (assuming we have the same record at the end of the season) is we win every last game we have with a Western Conference team and Phoenix loses 3 of theirs (Currently Phoenix is 22-21 vs WC and we are 21-23 vs WC). We have 4 games with WC teams and Phoenix has 5. Odds of us beating out Phoenix are pretty slim.

Utah Remaining 4 games:
    @ Portland
    VS Orlando
    VS Phoenix
    VS Portland

Utah will be almost a sure bet to get in the playoffs since Orlando is without Howard and I can't see them losing to the rest of those teams at Home.

Phoenix Remaining 5 games:
    VS Oklahoma City
    VS LA Clippers
    VS Denver
    @ Utah (Only game meaningful)
    VS San Antonio (Will definitely rest Starters)

Phoenix could quite possibly go 1-4 or 2-3 in that stretch. However if they win the next 3-2 in that span then we can say hello to the 14th pick of the NBA draft for the 3rd straight year.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

I WANT PLAYOFFS!!!

3. Rockets Ball

Rockets Ball Member

I just don't see the Suns making the playoffs. They will lose the next 3 games and the one against Utah will be huge for both teams (and the Rockets). We would have to go at least 3-2 to make the playoffs and hope the Suns do not do the same. As for Utah, I think you might be right. I see them losing at least one game but they will sneak in somehow. This is going to be an interesting rest of the week for the Rockets.
    It's do or die time!

4. durvasa

durvasa Member

Man, this season is like a kick to the nuts.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we don't make the playoffs, play Morris, Diamon and Forteson for all that I care.

6. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Utah's schedule is a cake-walk with the absence of LA and DH. Houston's get harder with the resurgence of the Hornets. smh.

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

We came from a possible 96% chance of the playoffs to 30%... right.

8. Red&BlackPudman

Couldn't have said it better. I constant blue ballage

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Biggest tease of a season ever.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

So painful to watch.

11. emjohn

emjohn Member

Sometimes, you need one of those to get major changes to happen. An 8th seed would only feed those with their head in the sand about where this team is going (true answer: nowhere fast).

I'm hopeful that a late season swan dive that costs a playoff berth will usher in a climate of change - Les is going to be as angry as anyone about it. My fingers are crossed that he will be more open to wholesale changes.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Rockets = Bobby Hill

Fans = Hank Hill

[​IMG]

"THAT'S MY PURSE!!!"

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Les is usually grumpy but he does not do anything.... lol.... except for Second rounders

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Here's rooting for the 13th pick! :(

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

maybe we should get to Reggie Evans that nut grabber.

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I usually pay attention to those percentages, but in this case, where there's only a few games left, it's kind of pointless. I actually think Utah is in the best position of the 3 teams.

- Utah plays 3 easy games (with D12 out and Portland tanking) and Phoenix. That's 3-4 wins.
    - Phoenix plays 2 tough games, 2 games against Utah/Den, and gets a likely win against resting SA (who could play their guys if they have a shot at passing up OKC).
    - We look bad based on how we're playing, but we have 1 gimme (GS), 2 wild card games (NO has looked better of late since getting their guys back). Dallas will be the key - if we win, we possibly get our momentum back. Miami is a loss unless they're resting their guys (possible, since they're locked into #2).

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just can't believe this is happening... Epic collapse.

18. jogo

jogo Member

It looks to me like Phx, Uth, and Hou will all finish with 35 wins. We lose the tiebreakers and we're out of the playoffs.

We have to go 4-1 in the last 5 games for me to feel like we have a chance (36 wins). I don't think we can do it. Either that or we need some big fail by Phoenix AND Utah to sneak our way into the playoffs. I can't believe we lost the last 4 games to teams we're fighting for playoff position against.

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

One can only hope. A lot of Western Conference teams have a better outlook than us for next season. Minnesota will be much better, Utah will be better as their young lottery picks keep improving, Portland will be better if they can get a PG and make good use of those lottery picks, GS will be better if Bogut stays healthy (yeah I know big if, but still). All those teams have a talented core, whereas we only have Lowry.

It's time to pile up the lottery balls instead of wasting time trying to compete with those teams. Tear it all down.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Member

You and I both. Last week it looked like a sure shot we would have the 7th possibly 6th seed. Now it is looking like a sure shot we have the 14th pick again. **** got old last year. I still will love my Rockets but these constant disappointments are taking its toll on the fan base.