1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Looks like an awesomer Dunnottar.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yep. It was an epic scene when she met Theon in CoK. She was extreamly outgoing, flirtatious and totally in control at all times. She completely played Theon.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Im about a third into the first book but it seems to me that the actor who they cast as Renly is really off by book comparison. everyone else I can kind of picture as their character.

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think all three of the baratheon brothers were poorly cast, although robert was really good in the show

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Stannis looks so much older than Robert
    [I think he is the middle brother right]

I don't have a major issue with their casting.

Rocket River

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Book spoiler.

Something else I missed from the Asha (Yara) introduction was when she kept telling Theon that was was pregnant. Then later when he finds out who she is and asks her about her baby she says something to the effect of "This is my baby!" and grabs her throwing axe, then slams it down on the table. I always thought that was a cool moment that really defined her as as character. Wished they had left that in.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the whole Asha Yara thing was so minimized probably for time and the like, that it made me sad. I understand why they did it, but that character lost a lot, and some great moments were definitely cut out because of it.

I guess that's some of the unavoidable things that happen in bringing books to the screen.

8. crash5179

Most of the Charecters in the series don't follow the description we are given in the book. Perticularly the stark kids and Tyrion. Having said that I still think HBO did a really good job in choosing actors. Tyrion did not match the physical description in the book but the actor is so good in the part that I don't care.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I pretty much like the casting so far with the exception of a few.

Catelyn - I'm just finding her acting underwhelming
    Robert - Didn't hate him or like him much either.
    Yara - Should have been more attractive.

Tyrion, Cersei, Theon, Rob, Jaime, Ned, and the Stark girls have all been great. Even though I don't see how anybody could think that Arya looks like a boy.

10. crash5179

I loved King Robert and thought the actor did such a great job. I especially loved how he continuously talked to Lancel, Jamie and Cersie as if they were dogs.

Arya is one of my favorite characters in the book and from the moment she showed up Bran with a bow she has been on of my favorite characters in the series as well.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I think Bran was fantastic in season 1.

I only watched episode 1 this season as I am catching up on the first season with the wife. there's no way she could have jumped in to season 2 without the events that took place in episodes 1-10.

without having read the books, I couldn't care less who they cast, it is an excellent show and ensemble.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Robert is supposed to be 2 years older and both are supposed to be in their mid 30's. Robert is supposed to be 13 years older than Renly.

But yeah, the actor playing Stannis is 8 years older than the actor who played Robert.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting. .. i did not get that in the book

So . . in true succession . . . .Normally the king dies it goes to the next brother in line. . normally the next younger brother. . . .
    but Robert being in the middle made that weird to begin with

Robert was more loved than Stannis
    He was more respected than Renley
    He was suppose to be the perfect blend of the two ..

Rocket River

14. K mf G

incorrect, robert was older than stannis
    the actor who plays stannis is older than the actor who played robert

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Also keep in mind that in the books the children and both Ned and Cat are younger. Ned was in his mid 30's but Sean Bean is 52. Likewise with Catelyn where Michelle Fairley is 48.

I'm glad they have officially confirmed that book 3 will be seasons 3 & 4, but a bit disappointed that they were not able to get it set to film back to back. The kid actors' ages are really going to start to become an issue at some point. Jennifer Ehle was the original casting for Catelyn Stark, and even filmed the pilot, parts of which had to be refilmed because of the change. No official reason was given for the change, though speculation was due to conflicts in schedule.
    Jennifer Ehle:
    [​IMG]

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I haven't read the books yet, so maybe I don't have preconceived ideas about what the characters would look like on screen.

Catelyn? Nothing wrong with her acting, although she must be Irish, this actress.

I like Mark Addy as Robert. He can come across as a turd, a charmer, and in one scene with his wife when they look back on their bad marriage, he showed real depth.

Peter Dinklage deserved his Emmy. Doesn't get any better.

Jaime (Nikolaj something) and Arya (Maisie something?) are both excellent, first-rate. You can see the shadings of character in Jaime as the story progresses, that he's not just a loathsome bug. And Arya better get plenty of screen time.

I'm not overwhelmed by the Daenerys actress. Maybe it's the least interesting storyline until her dragons grow up. At least she isn't afraid of gratuitous nudity (or she would have never got the part).

Sean Bean, excellent.

The actors who portray Littlefinger and Varys are also spot-on.

One thing the Lord of the Rings taught the producers of this show: get good actors, make them act. If the actors are invested in their roles, so are we.

17. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Best line ever:

"Do you want my brother to come in and help?"

Second-best line:

"I always hated crossbows... take too long to load."

#557 AtheistPreacher, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

lol yeah... my wife and I were, damn... she's open

19. K mf G

i liked the seen with theon and the letter,

these are the knights of summer and winter is coming

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved what Yoren did with his little bit of time on screen. Made me really sad when he died. I don't remember getting much of an impression about him in the books at all. Kudos to the actor for his work.

Perhaps it is sexist of me (or prejudice or whatever), but I liked it much better that the relationship between Renly and Ser Loras was only hinted at in the books rather than shown.

The actress playing Sansa is doing a fantastic job as well. I never developed all that much sympathy for her in the books, despite her impossible situation. But I feel really badly for her character watching the show.