1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Um wow, I don't know if they're just not posting any of the negative stuff or what...but....yeah....wow.

I've had a feeling the movie would be awesome, but the universal praise it's getting there is crazy.

Side note: Everyone saying the Hulk steals the show makes me very, very...very happy.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yep, and if you've looked closely, you'd see that the object in question is embedded in his staff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New TV Spot, featuring the first up close shot at the aliens
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/49UL9GamHhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

See I thought that too...but looking at the staff it doesn't really look like it -- other than it's glowing. The first pic looks like it, the second one not so much. Also the fourth pic is something entirely different lol. We're on the same page regardless.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I have a question...

If you're HULK... aren't you just freakin' irritated that people need your "help" to beat up on injustice (no pun intended vs. justice league) only when you're mad?

I mean, people come over to your house and say: "Hey, Bruce... we need your help" and you say "Not right now" so they slap you and say "HULK it up, b*tch." So now you're mad... and... what, you help them? How do you listen to reason about fighting enemies while mad and green? :grin:

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

"We have a hulk"

Ahh!!!! I can't wait until Saturday!!!

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I get that you're joking, but to be fair...
    in the movie they tap Banner to help not because he's Hulk, but because he's the foremost expert on gamma radiation. The object that Loki is getting all his power from is giving off...you guessed it -- gamma radiation.

Anyway, the idea is he's supposed to be getting closer and closer to controlling his powers at this point. You just kind get him in the mood then get out of the way I guess. Haha.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Had some stuff posted here, but would rather people find out for themselves...It does look like one of my theories might be correct though.

#268 seclusion, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't follow the comics, but did Bruce ever get control of Hulk in the comics (or cartoons)? I thought Hulk was uncontrollable...

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There's been a LOT of iterations.

-At several points the Hulk has taken over (like Avengers the current cartoon) and he is Hulk all the time.
    -At one point there was a Gray Hulk which was relatively intelligent and even worked as a bouncer in Vegas.
    -Red Hulk who isn't Bruce Banner is a military level strategist.
    -At some points Bruce and Hulk have been completely separated and Hulk was a mindless ferocious beast.
    -During World War Hulk he was (relatively) intelligent, and really pissed off.

Hulk is definitely controllable, it just depends on who is writing the story at the time. Small example below.

http://marvel.com/universe/Hulk_(Bruce_Banner)

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Are all of these Hulks real or are some of them pee-pee game Hulks out of a What If story?

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

All of them are "real". Although there's definitely been "What Ifs" as well that I didn't cover.

For example on the Hulk Vs. animated movie, it recounts a comic where Loki brings Banner to Asgard to unleash the Hulk against Thor. In this one Banner is completely separated from Hulk by the Enchantress.

While there's a What If where they get separated, and Banner becomes the new Dr. Strange (not named that, but same idea) -- while Hulk gets sent to Hell.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Side note: the fact that I know all of this is really sad. I haven't even read that many actual comics. I am however addicted to wikipedia.

1 person likes this.
  15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Scarlett Johansson Didn't Wear Panties Underneath Her 'Avengers' Black Widow Costume

[​IMG]

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2012/04/10/scarlett_johansson_didnt_wear_panties_

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I was gonna tell myself this was the case anyways.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

She should release more nude pics of hersel...er...I mean...someone should hack her cell phone again.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I just can't get over her fishface.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just bought my Captain America shirt. I'm ready for this premier already.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sq9DBrt6R2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WDq_UET3B30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Avengers doing some late secret filming?

#280 tallanvor, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012